Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

How many tier 7 potions did you buy?

200 was pretty easy with no potions at hoard 100 imo. Did it first try. I had nothing worth noting at all. Xochi loop is pretty strong at that point still

Some of the other factions have a way worse 200 with no potions, like The Warrens lol

1 Like

This is ridiculous. Does anyone find this delve particularly fun?

I’m stuck in a stalemate on the first battle. My troops have 1000 health, and I’m just killing respawned Harpies one by one because the original is in the 4th slot and keeps healing itself.

Try to kill it with a Bladewing. (If you don’t have one, include one in your next team).

I actually had 3 Bladewings that run. :sob: All were killed early on.

You need 1 or 2 Harpy Mages so that they can conjure storm, blast the board to refill Bladewing(s) and QueenX, and hopefully a 4 match drops after cast to replace any lost troop up front (QX trait).

It is luck/rng dependent delve, similar to Crypt Keepers (with Lady Morana).

Yeah I get that. It’s just incredibly frustrating as a newer player. This is the first delve I tried pushing past level ~200-250 (whatever floor Tier IV got me).

I’m curious why the devs thought these troop designs were a good idea. I finally beat floor 380 with an all faction team (wasn’t even going for 500, just enough for 2000 and the pet), and I feel no sense of accomplishment. It was only luck that I won. I got more 4/5 matches after explosions than the computer, and more kills with Bladewing. Woo?

What I do feel is that I wasted 1000 gems on Tier VIIs and countless hours on this game this weekend. In the end it wasn’t skill that got me this Bin Chicken. It was luck. I didn’t even have fun doing it.

(I’m venting in general, not at you.)

Im standing by my statement that this would have been a lot easier with 25% chance to summon a Harpy on 4/5 gem match instead of this 5% chance to summon a Harpy every turn.

4 Likes

I bought 6 tier 7 potions and hoard at 147. Did several tries with Harpy Mage, 3x Xochi without much luck. Then went in with Haryp Mage, Harop, Bladwing, Xochi. Killed all troops but one Harpy witch turned in to an endless stream of Harpys being summoned. The first two hours of the battle I got 2 Harpy Mages summoned and god knows how many Harpys. It was ridicoulus

2 Likes

Is there any overview for pure faction teams to beat level 500?

Is there any chance the developers are going to patch/fix the percentile rates of the new faction? I nearly see a harpy spawn every turn the moment I devour one of them, one a 5 percent chance. That, atop a 20 percent instakill that seems more like 80 percent, makes the new faction even incredibly jerkish and annoying to run, since most times the instakill troop in even the first room can get up via explosions in one or two turns before I can even buff my Irongut. Maybe, if the game wants to be good again, they can look at all these traits, along with agile and the like, and actually create a system that’s accurate to their statements. A 20 percent skull dodge chance shouldn’t occur 3 times in a row in one large skull spam match with Wrath. That’s, you guessed it, .2x.2x.2 which equals out to a, let’s say, .008 percent actual chance of occuring successfully and in a row. Seeing harpy’s spawn at a 5 percent two or three times after I get my devour extra turn into a diviner cast is ridiculous, to say the least. Thank you for reading.

Are you sure you understand the theory of chances?

Took me 6 tries and of course it was boring af counting on that instant kill chance, but doable

And the video Stonesong Eyrie - pure faction @level 300 - YouTube

4 Likes

Yes, of course everything is feasibly possible, in a set of chance games, but when it occurs frequently enough to be nearly a guarantee, there’s got to be some sort of forgery of numbers involved. I was stating that, under statistics 101, the chance that these things happen, especially one after another, is highly (and yes, incredibly highly) improbable to expect in a fair game. The game’s just not fair. Three consecutive harpy spawns turn to turn after a devour would make a .000125 chance of success. That’s one percent of one percent, and it happened 3 times during 2 delves. That’s not equivalent to a one in ten thousandth chance.

So if there’s a 1:10,000 chance and there are 10,000 people playing the game it’s going to happen to 1 of them yeah? You were that unlucky 1.

1 Like

In this first example – and it may just be a matter of wording, rather than understanding – you need to multiply by 100 to get the % chance, since your working was in decimals – so 0.8% chance for 3 consecutive dodges.

I can understand the frustration – Agile is my least favourite trait in the game (and I don’t think I’m alone :stuck_out_tongue:).

At least you understand what I’m trying to convey. The chances they mention for the in game random number generator are ‘whimsical’ at best. I guess they just attribute it to the preferable treatment for the AI, but it’s still undeniably silly.

I did it boys and girls ;p
no potions :smiley:

And a video of course

13 Likes

Witchcraft.

2 Likes

BIG UPS JAY :sunglasses: EXCELLENT worr :ok_hand:
ps Z challenge is done😁

1 Like