Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Right. I still don’t see the problem.

1 Like

This mode is what i was looking for in term of challenge. I also got plenty time to play so for me it make no sense to stay at a low level. I am enjoying the challenge and i will keep going untill i hit a wall.

3 Likes

The only problem might be hitting a wall while being screwed by the RNG, as in, no chest upgrades, few shards and few treasures… Since we have only two Factions right now this would surely happens to Midgame players that can’t take the challenge as long as we Endgamers can.

Basically this, we have enough support from our troops and bonuses, but we can still get hammered… It’s just worse for people still lacking strenght.

That’s correct, but as it was mentioned before, you lose -1x multiplier everytime you play.

For me, the most important thing in deciding your Delve progress is your ability to correctly estimate your own skill. Underestimate yourself, and you’re stucked with low multiplier and no extra rewards from renown points. Overestimate yourself and you’re stucked with a bunch exhausting battles that you lose so often, so you risk losing extra multiplier, getting low Delve Chest Level, and spending more time grinding it.

If you can correctly estimate yourself and know your own limit, you can still beating all rooms in higher level in reasonable pace, while gaining all the reward you deserved from renown points. Then progress higher once more to a point where those extra stats from Hoard Level could take you.

Right now, I’m still pretty comfortable beating all rooms at level 100 with only a bit more time compared to level 20, so I’ll stay farming here instead.

5 Likes

Erm… expected result, I guess.

15 Likes

My progress in Hall of Guardian today. Matches are taking a bit longer now, especially Bulette’s room. I think I might able to finish this fraction if I could still advance at this rate, but still consider stopping if beating all rooms become too hard.

Interesting things I learned today.

• Glaycion + Infernus combo is so awesome
  • Assassin is such a rage-inducing class for enemies, with endless poison/deathmark/hunter’s mark/insta-kill as its disposal.
  • Megavore is god-sent in this mode, with ability to kill enemies’ last troop before they even get a turn.
  • 80%+ quality upgrade might just be worth the risk when you’re low on Treasures. So far 85/90/95 all work just fine, so I’m at Quailty level 6 now.
7 Likes

A whole common ingot…

Wait… What is this strange feeling in my head… It looks like i’m about to have an amazing idea, or a brain stroke… My god it hurts so much…

We can play a single PVP match and get the same daily reward from high renown! And if we play ten pvp matches, it’s like ten whole days worth of such rewards!

Genius%20max-1mb

:neutral_face:
To be fair this is exactly what i expected and another reason why i didn’t bothered chasing Renown, if it was at least an Ultra-Rare or better ingot then i would reconsider.

7 Likes

1 “Free” Common Ingot per day after all that. At least now we know why the developers reneged on adding ingots to the VIP Chest table. They can’t unbalance the economy! /s

Seriously, This Ingot needs to be Epic (Purple or Above).

2 Likes

Seeing commons in the daily ingot drop pool is beyond disappointing. But, I’m not surprised. :roll_eyes:

I agree with others that it should be at least UR and above.

4 Likes

You can get 2,500 pts with each faction so that’s 2 free ingots by faction. With the new faction, it’s free 6 ingots by day (there is 1 life for 4,000 pts).
When there will be 30 factions it will be 57 free ingots by day. Yes it will be in 2.5 years, but devs have to think about it, better than nerfing it in the future (yeah no way they can nerf it).

Giving every day, ultra-rare or better rarity ingots seems broken…

4 Likes

The ingot reward is in line with other daily rewards (guild seals, the first few VIP levels, daily glory, etc.). And as time passes and factions come out, it will become easier to rack up 5, 10, or even more free ingots a day. Just for logging in. That would unbalance the economy if they were guaranteed to be a certain rarity.

Edit: man, I wish that @TimeKnight’s first ingot had been legendary or mythic. The amount of craziness we would have seen from people (myself included) misunderstanding the drop pool would have been amazing.

5 Likes

57 Ingots a day we can obtain right now, in PVP, and it also comes with a buch of glory and a great amount of gold. By the time we have these 57 ingots daily we would not even need them because we probably outlived their uselfullness since weapons worth upgrading are very few. It’s a point that only Endgamers can reach, it won’t affect the players who need it for kingdom upgrades because they can surely earn more ingots in PVP…

2 Likes

But the time required to get them is infinitely smaller :wink: .

I know it’s disappointing but I don’t see devs giving for free better ingots. The other reward is 10 gold by day (2,500 golds by day with 30 kingdoms)!

1. Will people stop writing FRACTIONs. They’re called FACTIONs.
  2. @mithran please could I get the TLDR version of your recommendation?
16 Likes

A better reward would simply be five Shards a day. We wouldn’t outlive their utility as long as there are factions, we would keep using them trying to max all factions or save them for newly released factions. I know the Shop Tiers from Faction’s events will try to capitalize on this, but the devs could even make some factions with different benefits like:

• Ingots.
  • Shards.
  • Chance for an extra Delve Scroll. (@Gouki will hate another random chance… :sweat_smile:)
  • Treasure Card.
  • A permanent buff to all Wargare troops from Wild Plains. :sunglasses:

For all that’s worth those things could even still be implemented.

3 Likes

In my example, that means 285 shards by day…

There is no faction bonus, there is only a total faction bonus. I don’t believe devs will do a big change and put individual bonus…

Bonus from Faction is crap so one player cannot get a good advantage compared to other ones. Or, one player cannot be that much jealous of another one because this player has these crap bonus.

1 Like

Well, 285 Shards is just 14 portals a day, wouldn’t mean a lot if my predictions about how long it would takes to max every faction…

I don’t believe the devs would plan things based on the jealously of players… But logic doesn’t seems like something they use constantly, so i can’t honestly say you are wrong.

Good luck with this. It’s still common to see people complaining “I spent 6,000 gem keys and didn’t get the new mystic”. I’ve always assumed maybe it’s a localization thing, like some culture uses the word “mystic” for “mythic”?

1 Like

Excellent Hall of Guardians team:
Titan/MCrusher (barrier, enraged, duststorm, 50% mana), Ragna, Scorpius, Euryali (2br,r)

fast fills, fast insta-kills after the Scorpius buff :smile:
only one room immune to poison
also a good counter to the divine-meta (not immune to poison)

buuut the rewards for level 110, chest level 6 :confounded:

3 Likes

I am enjoying the new game modes, but I hate when I get souls. Delve, to me, seems like more of an end-player game type (especially when you get past 100) and getting souls when I have absolutely no need for them anymore is just a punch in the gut. Soul gnomes were a good add, because they really help new players and can be found in various modes, but souls in delve? Just, no.