Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I’ve tried looking for this other thread, but couldn’t find it. Can you remember? Was it in a stream, maybe?

Here’s the information I think you were asking for, where Mithran broke down what could appear in chests. (Ashasekayi helped.)

6 Likes

So does an event permanently raise your delve lv? Can I participate in an event and still keep the delve lv at 20?

Yes, it raises it for good. So, if you raise it from 20 to 100. Your regular faction will have delve level 100.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. If there is one universal loot table, and Delve Chest Level does nothing more but determine the number of rolls on the universal loot table, then that makes the optimum course of action rather simple. The ideal delve would be for a Faction, where the player has saved up (or purchased) enough treasures to push that Faction’s Treasure Hoard Quality to 10 and just run level 20 (or as low level as possible) delves to infinity.

Surely, there has to be some safeguard in place to prevent that from happening?

Lack of information by players, the incentive for 2x bonuses, and the additional benefits of high Renown?

Do you know if I purchase tiers in event and have many delve scrolls can I use them scrolls in any delve I choose?

How many players would value a +100% treasure multiplier over a guaranteed 4 additional loot rolls in the boss room and Quality level 10?

If one is looking for speed (like for a faction event where they might have many delves scrolls to burn though), they would almost assuredly pick the guaranteed 4 loot rolls over risking a higher level delve.

In a faction event, those purchased delve scrolls are locked to the featured Faction of that event. They don’t roll over to other factions and expire when the Faction Event ends if unconsumed.

3 Likes

So who else is going to keep Crypt Keepers at lv20? :wink:

It would definitely be an interesting litmus test of the current popular theory on this, that’s for sure.

Especially, as it looks like that with enough Tiers in the Faction Event shop purchased, that a full faction team may be outright purchasable.

1 Like

How many scroll we get at the start of faction event?

I haven’t spent any treasures yet. Gunna save them all for new faction and take hoard quality straight to 10.

1 Like

My guess is three scrolls per day, with an average of one Valraven per two complete Delves.

1 Like

So 6 total with the 3 we get every day?

Yes (if I am right), but the event Delve screen is totally separate from the Underworld. You access it through the Games menu. So you would still only have three normal Delves per day.

3 Likes

The only time multiple days occur in a faction event would be during new class releases (just like with Class Events). Similarly, on weekly Tuesday faction events, the event allotment of 3 sigils and any purchased ones would expire at the end of the day when the event ends.

1 Like

Prevent it for what? If someone just sits on level 20 forever, they will never get the good milestone rewards, the exclusive pet or get total renown up enough to get the higher stat and resource bonuses. Sure, you can farm on low levels for awhile, but you will eventually have to start leveling factions to make progress in the Underworld.

1 Like

If we play at lower levels enough until we achieve some Hoard Levels and Quality levels we can play increasing the level of these Delves with the bonus for playing at a higher level plus the bonus from the quality and without too much trouble thanks to the bonus from Hoard Level.
At least this is my take for this feature.

1 Like

If there are going to be eventually be 34 Factions to match the 34 Kingdoms, then the impact of keeping 1 Faction at a minimum level for farming purposes to fuel the others’ Treasure Hoards at an accelerated rate isn’t that great of a loss.

I’m sure at some point there will be some uber-awesome award of grandmastery for having all 34 Factions at max renown. But, until then, that still seems like the optimum method to pursue. If one wants to push the other factions to max renoun, they can do so during each faction’s own event as they will come around often enough at least for the first few months until the Underworld starts filling up.

EDIT: Sniped by @Razzagor by a split second :laughing:

2 Likes