Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

@Ashasekayi Every single one of my 20 ish delve chest drops that I’ve gotten so far can be explained by those base values.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you so much for doing such a detailed math, Mithran. You’re really the wikipedia here. ^^

Also, thanks to Ashasekayi for drop table, very useful. Although I’m still not sure what to make of it yet. The strategy that will most likely to get you Delve Level 10 with maximum multiplier, assisted my max Hoard Quailty Level 10, is still the best, right?

I’m not really understand this. Do upgrading Quailty Level too high risk of losing reward variety? My priority right now is getting as many Shards as possible, what would be my best action? I’m not really care about Ingots that this point yet.

1 Like

I think it’s important to level up both faction cause there is some nice rewards for different milestones. As example at 1000 renown you receive a random ingots every day

1 Like

A new faction is right around the corner this month. So, you can still leave one faction at a low level for farming and reach 1,000 total renown without a huge time in waiting.

Just keeping your options open, mostly. If a better “farm” delve comes a long, you might want to start investing in it and might want to have treasures on hand. Level 4 hoard quality is the first +1 boss chest level, and all resource multipliers up until Hoard Quality 8(where you get x2 ingots) means basically nothing. Since the only time Hoard Quality affects shards drops is to add chest level to get an additional drop per run (there is no drop modifier in hoard quality for shards), I’d only devote treasures if I am “going for” Hoard Quality 4, 7, or 10, maybe 8 for ingots, or just trying to complete level 100 for faction renown. Since I’m “farming” this delve, my skill bonuses from level don’t really matter yet.

Do let us know what rarity those can roll at. I’d still always keep a farm delve around, but it might be worth progressing other delves to get this bonus if it always rolls Epic or Legendary or Mythic. But something tells me it won’t. Hard pass on this being worth rushing down if it rolls commons at the same rate as PvP battles.

12 Likes

I’ll sign on to @Mithran’s anaysis. I was 90% of the way there, but was incorrectly assuming that 6 shards was just a multiple of 3 and 4000 gold was a multiple of 2000 gold.

Plugging those adjustments into my own numbers… and yup, the math checks out.

The ingot upgrade is at QL 8, whereas the +2 Delve Chest Modifier is obtainable at QL 7. Obtaining QL 8 yields double ingot drops, which means seeing 6 or 8 Legendary/Mythic ingots drop per relevant roll on the delve chest loot table. Absolutely worth the cost to double ignot drops per delve.

As it’s now reasonable to say that players are awarded one loot roll per delve chest level, there are only really two real burning questions left:

1. How many loot tables are there to draw from, and at what delve chest levels are these tables rolled upon?

– I think it is fair to say that there is one loot table rolled at chest levels 1 - 3, as no one (AFAIK) has reported seeing legendary/mythic ingots dropping out of these chest levels.

– I don’t believe that anyone has determined the upper bound for the second loot table range. It’s from level 4 to at least level 7, as no one has reported any drops higher in value that mythic ingots, which are obtainable at level 4.

That said, with the Faction Event coming on Tuesday, purchasable treasures should allow people to reach upwards of max Quality to determine this information.

1. What are the draw rates of each outcome on relevant draw tables? No one has this datamined, yet?

– The data appears to be implying that there is a linear gain in loot rewarded per delve chest level, with breakpoints at key levels where superior loot tables are rolled.

For players wanting to speedrun (or maximize time vs. loot efficiency), expected loot values per delve chest level would be highly useful, because players could then just head straight to a boss room and clear a delve during Faction Events once RNG has determined that they are not going to reach the next superior loot break point (or alternatively, once players are able to determine that the guaranteed chest upgrade from clearing the boss room will enable reaching the next superior loot break point by itself).

Great information, @Mithran!

2 Likes

I don’t think we will be able to datamine that information.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, Mithran. I read that paragraph as “stop before getting extra Delve Chest Level”, instead of reading it to mean “aiming for extra Delve Chest Level then stop”, like you intended. Silly me… lol

So… the amount of Treasures you have also play a role here, as if you have a plan in mind which Fraction you will be playing a lot, you should reach Quailty Level 10 there first instead of using them on other places that you play less. Treasures are so rare, so you have to use them wisely, not just in Quality combination, but also in which fraction as well. That make sense! ^^

1 Like

I just looked through some old data I kept during beta. I did get ingots from both a level 2 and level 3 chests. I received 1 legendary ingot from the level 2 delve chest and 6 legendary ingots from the level 3 delve chest.

IF they didn’t change how this functions since beta, it looks like drop amounts match the delve chest level across the board.

6 Likes

I agree that Hoard Quality 4 for + 1 chest level is the way to go now and keep the options open. Reaching Hoard Quality 7 for +2 chest level will take a lot, but will be not too hard to obtain in the future. Possibly try to spare a few treasure on hand for the upcoming Fraction. This is a slow puzzle, but a fun journey.

3 Likes

@Mithran i will let you know tomorow i am only at 970 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I reached it already at 1,050. It should appear at daily login screen, so I will report it too! :smiley:

Screenshot

8 Likes

So at 2000 we get 2 random ingots every day, interesting

1 Like

I’m currently at Level 120 (maybe 130 iirc), and have no used faction cards to do it with yet. Does this mean that I’m screwed if I try?

Pretty nasty to release a mode without a proper guide how to play it and just hope the players mess it up so that they get the idea to throw money at it when the option presents itself…

4 Likes

It’s doable since you can finish with only 1 troop, i did gardian at level 100

I think they’d be aware that there will be more factions, and thus a chance to earn treasures that you can add to your guardians hoard to increase your stats, helping you to overcome that barrier.

“Best Delve using the Faction’s team”
^
I need to use the all the 4 troops?

All 4 troops need to be one of the faction troops. But, you can use duplicate faction troops.

1 Like

Check out the stat bonuses for leveling your hoard. By the time you get to level 1,000, every troop will have nearly +200 to every stat.

So somewhere along the way, you’ll be able to use the faction troops. Don’t beat yourself up. Right now you’ve only “lost” up to 120 faction points for never trying that challenge, and I’m willing to bet an all-faction team can’t currently go that far.

If that sounds like a long time, keep in mind they warned us we aren’t seeing a new kingdom for at least a year. I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more than one new faction/month for a while. So like, let’s say a faction event for the one you pushed to 120 happens. You can buy sigils to make 12 runs with a 2x multiplier without permanently raising your level again!

That’s the sole argument for raising your level: if you can beat level X, then you can play X / 10 faction events in that faction with a 2x multiplier. That is a ton of Chaos Shards, and that translates to a ton of treasure, which translates to a lot of hoard levels. We hope.

1 Like