Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I didn’t record the Faction 500 attempt at Mirrored Halls. Got it on the 1st attempt.
5 tier7’s Purchased.

Mirror Banner
Glass Golem
Copycat
Doppleganger
The Mirror Queen

1st battle, I retained all Faction Troops.
2nd battle, was vs Dire Wolf / Cu Sith / Warg / Fenrir. Used Glass Golem on a 4 skull bunch to put Reflect on my team. Used Doppleganger on Fenrir. My first troop was killed, and used Copycat to create another Fenrir in first slot. Then just used both Fenrir’s to buff the 1st one.
3rd battle, Continued buffing Fenrir, had over 1,000 attack, and was able to pick them all off eventually.

6 Likes

Beat Mirrored Halls 500 with the faction team first try with no potions. Hoard 199, No Kingdom Deed bonus, Max Itty Bitty Yeti, Feyrie, and Legendary Mirror Mimic, All 4 troops Gold Medal bonus.

That was interesting.

Survived the first room, though they tried really hard to kill my Glass Golem.

Second room, had the fortune of getting Wild Pack’s Den. I copied Fenrir again (welcome back, friend from delve 100). Turns out yeah, Fenrir is actually nice on 500 too. Less about outpacing your opponent and more about keeping your troop out of death range while reflecting things back at the opponents.

Glass Golem died in the second room. Hard to keep it alive when their Dire Wolf is guaranteed to hit Glass Golem. I had the choice to copycat Fenrir or another Copycat. I went with the tried and true Copycat incase they were able to snipe my first Copycat. The enemy Fenrir kept buffing the Warg’s attack and HP making it hard to kill, but something tells me using 1000 attack on reflect wasn’t a great idea on the AI’s part. My Copycat wall boxed the AI out pretty well and Fenrir kept itself and Mirror Queen out of one hit range. Things got iffy at the end when there 900+ atk Fenrir managed to kill both Copycats, leaving only Fenrir and The Mirror Queen, but I got my last hit in before it could do anything. One skull on the table and it didn’t seem like a good idea to leave that enemy Fenrir alive with a weakened team.

Third room: very tricky fight. I take the enchant and starting explosions with potions for granted as without potions, I had to fill my The Mirror Queen manually while my top troop is Fenrir. Scary prospect. Thankfully I did, and I cast on their Copycat and respawned one, which I used to respawn a second one. Since Copycat fails at 10 gem cast a lot, the enemy had a lot of reflect up. I had to spend the entire match counterbalancing my life with Fenrir so their TMQ doesn’t one shot a troop (have to keep my eye on Boost ratio too) while not getting overflowed at top. Having nothing to pop their Glass Golem’s reflect got annoying fast.

I got lucky that their Doppleganger copied a Copycat (that I copied from them), so no Fenrir shenanigans to deal with.

fast forward a bajillion minutes.

I finally weakened their TMQ to the near death, having to Fenrir recover often when TMQ was near OHK range from their TMQ. Their Mirror Queen attacked my Mirror Queen and died to reflect, but still got to summon my Mirror Queen on its side after, with less stats. That second TMQ extended the match by a good bit.

fast forward more

Once both TMQs were dead, things got a lot easier. Their Glass Golem can still cast reflect, making it troublesome to either take the hit with my TMQ or buffed up top slot. At one point I lost that buffed up top slot that had mid 200 attack.

Once their GG died, I had it in the bag, but as everyone knows, its not as easy as it sounds. I had to clear out both of their 259 attack Copycats while dealing with a bunch of respawned wimpy Copycats. Took forever as having only skulls and TMQ to stop 4 Copycats from respawning something is a bit of a nuisance. One of the 259 attack Copycats took out my Copycat with 476 attack. lol (seen in the video)

last 5 minutes was just killing Copycats over and over. (probably at least 10+ minutes, didnt check). Vid doesn’t prove strategy, just proof that it happened (there’s no faction score for the faction event since it was done with daily delve tries) …

Used the same team I used in Delve 100

Glass Golem
Copycat (has Air Link)
Doppleganger
The Mirror Queen
Warren Banner (+2Gr, +1 Y, -Bl)

Copycat gives +1 Y, making for a good +2Y/+2Gr experience, and Glass Golem isn’t that relevant in the long run. Glad I had the +2GR as I needed plenty of Green for Fenrir.

Forgot to mention I used 2 Cedric medals and 1 Anu medal. Forgot to swap the Cedrics out. shrug

13 Likes

Four copycats and a lot of patience got me there too (at hoard 100, but with potions), I entered the last room with just copycat and mirror queen, had an epically long fight since I lost my mirror queen pretty early on… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

My team for Delve, devour based team, quick and easy.

For the Level 500 I used double Dwarf Gate 2X / copy cat / Mirrored Queen to barrier and give mana and then slow chip away at the other side. Took a long time but got there. Like everyone states, it all depends on the middle room. Good luck!

3 Likes

Need some information here from someone that managed Dark Pits all faction team at level 500 (outside a faction event) :

• What was your hoard level at?
  • What team did you go for?

Thank you!

@Eika this is the only report in the forums I’m aware of… I think @awryan has been trying too, good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Holy smokes… He managed it with hoard level 250. That’s a lot of treasures putted into one faction. :sob:

Finally tackled Hall of Guardians 500 Faction today. I really need to start recording these attempts, just in case.
Whitehelm has been leveled up to 14 with Yellow Deeds.
Gargoyle also has all 3 medals.

10 Likes

Stupid long 3 room fight, but Mirrored Halls (with potions) using Dwarven Gates. I sped up the video, but still is 45 minutes. Basically make two Gates and kill slowly. Obviously depends on the 2nd room. Seen a few post with other rooms, figured I would show how I got it done with Dwarf 2nd room. Never going back…

1 Like

Silver Necropolis Delve complete without potions, faction pet at level 10, Silverglade at 12, hoard at 155. I got lucky in that the only time the enemy unicorn spawned Yellow it didn’t make a match, and the only time mine did it set up several 4 matches for me. My two Vanya’s finished match with 6 and 7 hp respectively. Enemy Vanya finished 14/15 mana filled whilst I cast the final 5 times necessary to wipe the enemy team.

Thanks to all who posted delve tips for that faction. :blush:

15 Likes

Cutting it a little close huh lol.

1 Like

I was definitely more lucky than good. In the middle room, Viper’s Nest, Viper died to death mark the 1st turn she could. Venoxia killed my Bone Golem with skull dmg, so I took a unicorn into 3rd battle to start.

My Guild only finished 2 tasks to that point of the week, so bonus was +4/+4 health and shield. Enough to finish the match tho. If the new epic tasks were in effect, maybe I don’t survive.

1 Like

@ChunkyMono congratz I was just coming here to post the same thing. I finished Silver Necropolis a few weeks ago, but I had to take two breaks in my play so I had to edit my video.

Also @TheIdleOne I did not see your post until after I came to the same conclusion as you did, your Vanya has to survive two hits from his Vanaya and like ChunkyMono it was CLOSE for me too.

I hope this helps others, my video is final room only. First room is pretty easy, 2nd room is death mark, death mark, death mark!

Good luck all.

6 Likes

Nice. What was your hoard level @OnTheCan?

Pure Faction 500 Sea of Sorrow can be brute forced without potions. I don’t recommend it.

I used one of each: Hammerclaw, Sea Witch, The Deep King, Mershark. Sea of Sorrow Banner.
Probably did 60 attempts with 300+ hoard and 14 Merlantis deeds before the win. A lot can go wrong in the 3rd room. I think I made it to the Boss room with a full team maybe 15 times before this win.
Sea Witch on Hammerclaw + skulls does most of the work. Occasionally Deep King and Mershark get to cast but not that often.

13 Likes

Nice - and terrible
I am on this treadmill myself right now and was hoping that I could get away with Hoard about say 250 + L14 Kingdom Bonus (+50%)

So if you dont mind, a few questions
What medals you used?

Also a bit more about why Mershark?
I am aware you get some team bonus for 4 unique troops which is now availble for three different bonues(Merfolk Captain, Kingdom Team bonus IV and Duke of the seas) AND it uses red, which could be important as it give 4 colors rather than 3
But having it in last spot offsets its enrage trait and its splash damage is not as high as The Deep King - so I guess its a trade off
However if the team doesnt cast the bottom two troops often then I guess it might be well worth it since the 4 troop vs 3 troop bonus is a step up
BUT when I use that team configuration I get a slightly lower bonus from 4 unique team bonuses
I am not sure why mine are a point lower on things like attack, armour and life
I get the same for Merfolk General, but King of the Seas is +5/+0/+8/+8 and Kingdom Team IV is +2/+0/+18/+8
I have kingdom at L14 (but maybe its from the pet as my Pure Faction is only L200)

Reallly interested in the team composition since that can really make or break a pure faction run
Did you upgrade your hoard over time and do daily x3 shots along the way, or upgrade first?

Any help or advice is greatly appricated

based on the screenshots provided

He did use the faction banner
He has Hammershark and Mershark upgraded. He does not have The Deep King upgraded. Sea Witch is already dead, but as a Generator role, It would gain 10 life and 14 armor for being upgraded (no magic), which would help keep it alive against true damage.

Thanks - Totally missed that!
I’ll edit my post to remove those questions - thanks again

Just makes it even worse though for following on the same path…

I equipped 20% mana medal, +4 magic, and +8 life. My Hammerclaw and Mershark had max medals as shown, and my Sea Witch had 1 medal. I would have thrown more medals at Sea Witch and Deep King if I had them because why not.
Mershark is the only thing you can aim. It was useful for finishing things off or if I didn’t want to change the board for a turn. I did cast it, but probably cast Sea Witch 5 or more times for every time I got around to using Mershark. Also it does a bit more damage if others are submerged which comes and goes over and over, sometimes I would wait, sometimes not.
I did a number of runs at 250ish but it got much more reliable to get through 3rd room alive at 300+ and the Boss room Deep King just tears you apart so fast at lower stats that you can’t survive.
Discrepancy between pet bonus I am guessing means you don’t have Squidlet maxed. Mine was (but my guppy was not).

2 Likes

Hoard is level 151 for Silver Necropolis, so very doable and not over the top. Make sure in your last room you can survive 2 shots from the AOE and you should be ok.

2 Likes