Dear devs, could you please give us runic traitstones in legendary tasks instead of minors?

You should really unlock some traits with all those stones you have there. The power level boost you’ll get for your kingdoms will be worth it.

1 Like

Yes. I can target two runics in explore in 15 minutes or less. I need loads of minors of all colour except yellow.

Thanks. I’m stingy with my stones. I will eventually.
I do have all but one kingdom at 5 stars.

1 Like

Aim for 2 blue now! :smile:

Maybe thay could mix it? The guilds that finish legendary tasks don’t usually finish just one, maybe have randomly give minor and runic? I know I’ve been farming like crazy and I get about 4 runic every around 18 minor, 14 major, and 1 arcane if I am lucky, so getting runic for me would be awesome as I have to farm a lot to get just a few runic.

Once again, I’ll simply state that minors make no sense for legendary tasks because anyone in a legendary task capable guild is already gaining more many more minors per week than is necessary to trait any given troop that is released in that time from gold keys and glory packs alone. Since I’m not in a guild that does legendary tasks, I can’t speak to how the over/under on your runic gains goes from week to week after opening all those extra glory and gem keys, but from where I stand, I need many more runics per week on average than what I earn. And that is not even counting guild wars troops, which take 60 runics each. For the time being, Runics at least makes more sense than minors, but throw enough LTs in there and I’m sure that at least some guilds can completely outpace the runics on the release schedule as well, whether or not they had a bunch from the old economy.

I previously pitched gold keys to take over the minor stone slot, but moving into a one new kingdom per three month release schedule, it looks like the approximately 21, 22, 23, and 24, 25, 26k gold key requirements to mythic the common from whatever new kingdom releases will be attainable by just about anyone collecting tributes frequently right up until nine star becomes possible and we get even more gold keys (not to mention hopefully crafting somewhere in the middle there) so gold keys would be a waste as well.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, though, mathematically, minor stones in Legendary Tasks makes about as much sense as souls in Legendary Tasks. Getting minor stones faster is accelerating you toward a dead end that never pulls back away from you, even if you completely stop doing battles and join a casual guild that only completes up to level 6 tasks.

Runics, at least for the time being, you need more keys than the “base” tasks give and/or some battles to keep pace with the release schedule if you aren’t already miles ahead from the old economy. However, I’m not sure exactly how much players in top guild are at pacing the runic release schedule by already week to week given the extra keys they get, not counting being ahead from the old economy. Not to mention a lot of people in top guild were around for the old economy, which is why this is a big of a quagmire. I am of a strong belief that the guild wars troops (and guardians) trait costs were put in as runic sinks because of this (and definitely mono color arcane sinks, since those also have nowhere to go at all).

The best solution at this point would probably be just be to remove minors from the task reward altogether.

7 Likes

Anybody that wasn’t in a power guild under the old system (e.g. me) is also in this boat. I never had a minor bottleneck. Bottleneck was always runics until I hit the end-game tipping point. Now, of course the bottleneck is arcanes and that’s it.

2 Likes

I agree with the above sentiment- we’ve got so many Gold keys, as well as receiving Minors in the Glory packs, while Runics are so very difficult to receive in (Quests: completed), Challenges, and PvP.

Here’s an alternative thought:
Diablo III, in a post-game patch, created Crafting and (forgot the official name for it, but) Deconstruction.

Could we combine 50 Minor stones to make a Major, then 50 Majors to make a Runic, and (25/25 or 50) to make an Arcane?

Deconstruction: Arcane would break down to 10/10 or 20 Runics, Runics would break down to make 20 Majors, and Majors would break down to make 20 Minors.

We’re still losing out either way, but it would make a lot more vertical sense with the Glory packs – as an example, I have 27 Arcane Summers- but only need 18 for my troops. I could use those Arcane Summers to break down to Runic Winds, then combine them with Runic Fire to make Arcane Storms.

– Tranimo (Anonymous/PC-Mobile; Santa’s Big Gifts/PS4)

2 Likes

Crafting system is coming, although we don’t know yet about whether it will allow us to use stones.

1 Like

coughcough

5 Likes

That is great news! I’ll take full responsibility for the much needed change. :wink:

4 Likes

All the players thank you for your request.

That’s the nice thing about this game, the Devs actually listen.

10 Likes

The devs really are good at listening to the player base. I’d like to take credit for this change, but I’m sure I’m not the first person to request it. I am happy they are changing it though.

1 Like

this is why i still play after 2.5 years

2 Likes

That’s part of the reason I have happily spent over $150 and will continue to spend money on this game.

6 Likes

Agreed, some really good games that I have played in the past would still be around or would have grown much bigger had their devs bothered to engage more with their players.

Guess they all can’t be as good as this crew otherwise we wouldn’t have anything to moan about, right?

They didn’t remove minors. This is a change for the worse. Less likely to get epics/arcanes.

2 Likes

They’re adding runics and you’re saying this is a change for the worse? Some folks eh?

3 Likes

to make place for the runics something had to lower its drop rate…

we would need to see what were the drop rates changes to put those runics in, but i rather agree that its more negative then positive change: in the pool of rewards anything else then minors (and maybe legendaries) were better then the runics

• if anything “better” then the runic will drop less often now, you got to admit this is not entirely positive change

Not a good change. Should have gone with:

1 Like