Dawnbringer unbalances Arena

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :wink:
With that, I agree too. If they don’t change the defense mechanic. Then I agree with @Delinquent simply restrict weapons just like troops are restricted.

That seems like a very simple, reasonable, and easy to implement adjustment.

2 Likes

I lost a match the other day and it was not Dawn…btw next match I beat dawn…the cool thing is if you don’t want to face it just retreat and go to next battle…you are allowed to lose once and still get full rewards…even if you lose twice you will still get rewarded! I really don’t understand the complaining…if someone is using that weapon in arena they have a right to do so…they saved the resourses to get it and just because you don’t want to take the time they did to get it doesn’t mean someone should take it away from them…

who would craft it then? No one

Everything is unbalanced in this game…Guild War rewards are unbalanced…Famine is better than another Mythic…some kingdoms have better troops than other kingdoms…I think some people like to complain about everything…Arena you have always been able to choose any weapon that you own the other troops are the ones that are just random…the people that are complaining are the ones that don’t want to take the time to earn that weapon…I don’t have the weapon yet but when I spend 1.3 million souls to craft it I don’t want it taken away because someone is crying. No way that weapon is worth that if you cannot use it every where you want…

How to deal with it

Couple of errors in facts here that need to be corrected:

1. You don’t face a team that won. You face the hero with the equipped weapon and a random team.

2. Epics, legendaries and mythics are not excluded because they are too powerful to use. They are excluded because the end of run purchase price is too cheap for such valuable troops.

Actually, I could get behind Dawnbringer being eliminated as a defensive weapon. But until it is, I intend to keep using it.

Is there someone who buy the troops (for 20 gems)?

Even worse.

Everything is relative. For many the price of those troops is too high.

The very fact that Arena offers low-level basic cards as a prize should suggest what kind of players it’s aimed to.
Do you think anyone who can bring Dawnbringer may be tempted by a full-leveled Bogstrider?

Price varies. Anyway I remember I wanted to buy a really good team I once had and couldn’t afford it.

Because you didn’t have the troops already?
Else, I don’t see how one could plan to ascend his troops with that. Even, if one want to asend one troop, with the high amount of copies required + amount of existing troops, it’s impossible. I don’t remember what was the initial purpose, but devs can just remove this possible purchase. Without that, they can add Epic or Legendary Arena :slight_smile: .

I was a poor newbie :cry:
I had to walk for miles in the snow to get to the Arena!

4 Likes

I remember wanting to buy troops too! :sweat_smile:
Those were the days…

I just did an Arena run for myself to see, had been avoiding it when I heard about Dawnbringer.

Won 7 straight, battle 2 was against a DB, it cast once but I killed the hero before it could fire again. Battle 8 was DB number 2, it fired twice before I could get rolling, never had a chance. It is definitely an advantage on defense. No doubt.

@Rojo1 The reason end-gamers are complaining, or at least my reason, is that since pvp is so mind numbingly boring with stale meta, Arena becomes a welcome, alternate source for trophy farming. Unfortunately, this requires winning 8 matches. Which most of us can do, unless the AI has an unfair advantage. (ie Dawnbringer)

1 Like

You still get trophies for 7 or 6 wins…you don’t get 30 but you do get some…if I fight a pvp match that’s taking too long I retreat not because I’m going to lose but because if I retreat I can have 2 more battles over with by the time that’s done…same can be said for arena…you are only using 1000 gold which can be replaced with 1 hourly kingdom reward…save up and craft the weapon so you get through battles quicker…

I must be really slow. All I see in your argument is “I don’t have it so you can’t use it.” What am I missing?

1 Like

You are missing “in the Arena”.

1 Like

You get less trophies for the same amount of time spent. It is much less worth it.

Not at all. You can’t compare.
Retreating in PVP cost you only a few second. Retreating/losing twice in arena costs you the whole arena. It is not an option at all.

I do have the weapon. I don’t want to use it.
It is not about getting through battles quicker or easier. It is about having fun.
Playing against Dawnbringer is not fun at all and boring. Playing with Dawnbringer is not fun at all and boring.
Arena was a fun challenge that required some strategy. Dawnbringer is ruining it all. It makes it as boring and relying on luck (whose hero is going to cast first) as PVP.

9 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned crafting the dark sword recently. Triple damage to yellow troops. It costs 13 purple mana and works well enough, if not a bit too slowly. My biggest beef is not being able to scout. I’d use runic blade almost all the time until I see dawnbringer, then I’d whip out my purple weapon. (:laughing:)
I could craft dB but I’ll wait until the next mythic weapon first to see how it compares. It’s not just the damage it can do, it gives me a bigger choice of hero class in pvp.
There also the light sword which does triple damage vs purple troops. Unfortunately if you want to to use the light sword in pvp then the only hero class that gives +5 magic when using yellow weapons is the shitty priest class.
Both swords target the top troop and that’s the limiting factor but it’s great one shotting kraken etc.

you have weapon and won’t use it! I don’t believe you!!!

I believe her. In terms of raw resource acquisition, PvP beats Arena hands-down, so players playing Arena (especially late-end-game players like @Aelthwyn) are doing so as an artificial challenge to keep the game interesting. In this case, it’s not much of a stretch to restrict oneself from using a weapon that injects the same level of repetitive tedium into Arena as late-game PvP has.

7 Likes

Exactly!

The concern lies in knowing that the AI has no such restriction and you might have to face a DB, because of this “fear”, players are choosing to just use their own DB which results in destroying the singular mode in the game that was a real escape from the standard tedium.

1 Like

Her choice…I have people in my guild that want to get resources quick so they use that weapon in arena…they saved for it so it should not be taken away…they don’t like pvp because 30 trophies takes longer in pvp…both are boring so they want to get resources as fast as they can…time is a big thing in this game and some want to nerf everything so that everything takes more time…I did one arena today and faced not 1 Dawn! Last 4 arena I did I faced 1 and beat it…if you don’t like facing it then retreat and go to next match even if you do it twice it only cost 1000 gold for crying out loud…