Dawnbringer unbalances Arena

That’s not human nature unfortunately.

2 Likes

Nope… this plague is going to get worse until they remove it from Def. I am sure they will “dodge” the question/subject again in the stream or we will get “Arena and Dawnbringer are in discussion”

2 Likes

When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT. When i see Dawnbringer, I ABORT ABORT ABORT, I ABORT ABORT ABORT.

1 Like

My brain can’t help but wonder if there is a song that goes along with this… :thinking:

Perhaps another Tunes of War parody needs to be written…

3 Likes

I’m actually wanting Dawnbringer for use outside the Arena. I already have a soul farming team, no need to waste time in the Arena.

Well equally we can do the only thing we can do - play the game- but not endorse it as the fun, relaxing, casual experience it should be- until there is a reasonable fix. DB as a defensive option on normal arena setting isn’t reasonable. Before DB’s appearance it was possible to win normal arena games even with the basic Sword of Heroes- well like a lot of hero options- not worth considering any more in trying -yes trying-yes trying- to match DB- the pool of heroes with some clout is very limited [and attempting to match DB is also luck dependent on having some damaging support like Lava Elemental]- so the variety of the arena constricts and constricts as DB constricts and saps the players willingness to even bother entering the arena.

Edited -where is the balance when the first two arena challenges give DB as your opponent-eliminated in straight sets -a repeated arena occurance- explain how that is a balanced arena? It obviously is not balanced.

I have a soul farm team, 700 per challenge but arena is still faster. Done a few runs with celestial armour and on warlord 2 and they soon stack up.

Well if they dont remove it, i will quit my xbox game. I dont have time to farm trophies in pvp for hours and hours. Arena was my saving grace and more fun.

4 Likes

yup its a merry song XD

The arena also gives a good return on souls plus the trophies BUT not with DB as your repeated and constant enemy. What really irkes me currently is eliminating DB [often after its made that one huge game changing sweep through your team] either by myself focussing on a ridiculously over concentrated attack on one card DB- no choice really] or getting in a hit or two with a lucky high damage support card for my hero but by then you are the walking wounded- picked off by DB’s remaing team cards behind their barrier and having too big a points advantage over your crippled one hit team. Even the imaginary Blind Freddy [ Australian slang] can see the arena is in tatters for the average player facing DB as a defensive weapon on the so called ‘normal’ option.

3 Likes

Here is an Arena strategy that is working for me, it is certainly not THE answer but perhaps you will find some success with it.

Craft the FROST SWORD and the STONE SWORD from the Soul Forge, their crafting cost is fairly negligible, but they deal triple dmg to the first troop if they are RED or BLUE, respectively.

Then as you select your troops, try to avoid either blue or brown, unless the troops are just too good to pass up, this will allow you to select either one of these weapons with your hero. And not mana block anybody below.

Why those two? Because your Arena team is going to be using the BROKEN BANNER (+1 blue/ +1 brown). Best case, two match 3 surges for 6+1, giving you the 13 mana to fill your hero and ice the DB hero on the other side. (Sometimes it takes a cast and a skull match, or one more spell, but it really is manageable.)

Like I said, it’s not THE answer, but it IS “AN” answer. Hope this helps some of you find success in the Arena!

:wink:

EDIT: Due to the brilliant Stan pointing out my error.

6 Likes

Do Hero classes apply in Arena?

(I haven’t played Arena since DB because it’s pathetic at this point)

1 Like

Traits don’t apply, so something like fast on Mechanist or Archer wouldn’t work. Still, potentially just two matches to fill a possible one-shot against DB is a good option.

3 Likes

:joy:

DUH! :man_facepalming:

Suffering from END-GAME BRAIN! Forgot what works in which place!
I’ll edit that post with accurate info… Thanks for catching that. :wink:

3 Likes

Speaking of not playing Arena since DB. Just tried a couple of runs. Wow.

Get rid of it. Bring back every meta I don’t care, none were as bad as this. (From the meta’s I’ve faced, not a day 1 player).

2 Likes

You should give credit to @AngryMidget. He’s the one that caught it - I just confirmed that he was right.

You guys went about this all wrong. To get it changed with any kind of swiftness, you should be bragging about how awesome and easy it makes the arena. If something is broken to the advantage of the player, its quickly fixed,

5 Likes

Yeah get rid of DB. DB does not belong in the arena as a defensive weapon or an opponent on a normal setting. Its also increasing the inequity in the arena pre and post DB. An arena run of eight wins becomes usually impossible now[ unless you have DB]- unlike pre DB.[ Give or take the odd AI surges which are a part of the game- any AI team can have its victory moment regardless of what combination or position of strength you might appear to be in] It means a player using the arena post DB is always now getting less trophies and less souls than pre arena DB. How did players get a million souls for DB? - a grind in the arena without DB- or pvp etc. But a player setting out to grind souls in the arena with DB there is losing out in every play sequence that repeatedly has too many DB’s - instead of a reasonable, balanced chance of winning eight matches as in pre DB- sometimes the arena run is now over in a brutal 2- two straight DB losses. You might get lucky and avoid DB for four or five matches-then get three in a row- you don’t get the eight wins -or even eight wins and one loss as often as pre DB. It means the arena isnt useful for soul building because each sequence-each time you enter and eventually lose two matches to DB your reward is reduced. Often brutally in two or three matches. DB completely unbalances the arena- there are no fair or reasonable comparisons to apply pre and post DB in the arena. A fix is a reasonable ask. Players should be competing in the arena in a balanced way. There is no balance currently. Its farcical trying to use the arena to get either trophies or souls with DB present as a defensive option.

1 Like

STONE SWORD is a good way to deal with DB. Thank you for that advice.

FROST SWORD does not work as well because DB uses blue mana and the AI will prefer blue gem matches when you wield it, so you will be competing for blue gems.

STONE SWORD uses brown gems so you are better off with this weapon.

Not very powerful against other weapons but in those matches you still are not out matched.

Hopefully DB gets removed but in the meantime this is a very good strategy. Thanks again for it!

1 Like

Yea all good, BUT, you cant change the weapon between rounds.