Daily Troop Discussion!

My point @Vangor is that troops should not depend on a magic buff from Humility (that in my experience has a less than a 25% chance to buff magic whenever I use Humility teams) to be good enough. Then tons of bad troops is more than good enough. But for all the wrong reasons, because of Humility, which is very RNG with boosting any troops magic. I am fine if you disagree with me, brudda. Just wanted explain myself

Its all good brudda

1 Like

I have never once used Tezca. I cannot find a team to put her in. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever even tried her out in a team. Of the red big AOE hitters, Gard, Garuda and Ketras donā€™t really need her boost because they can boost themselves. Crimson Bat, as Vangor says, or Draakulis, are therefore the best targets of her spell.

But when it comes down to it, Iā€™d prefer to make a move that lets me cast Bat/Draak quicker, rather than a move that allows me to cast them stronger. Even just using kraken as a passive troop is preferable to me.

Also Vangor, I wouldnā€™t use a team like that where you only have one damage dealer and put it at the top. Seems too risky to me - no plan B if the enemy gets a lucky chain of skull cascadesā€¦

3 Likes

I actually used her once when I was trying to create the best wildfolk team as possible under a wildfolk event. Wildfolk is a poor raceā€¦ Not only is it an Epic, but the troop is a freaking Lapina, let her shineā€¦!

The only plan b with this team is retreat lol

1 Like

Buffers that are complete mana and turn dead ends tend not to be relevant in the endgame. I have zero battles used with Tezca for this reason. Three magic on some of the stuff with the best magic scaling in the game (full AoE troops) amounts to a 15% boost to the spellā€™s damage, and usually does not save you a cast of the spell before it starts killing. Most magic buffers suffer this same issue at endgame. While Tezca also gives life/attack/cleanse, you need lots of spells cast (with her Arcane) or skull resistance on the first troop with a skull bait for this to give you a turn advantage, and maintaining board control and a turn advantage are the main things that matter. The inclusion of Stryx slayer is more for flavor than actual effect I think, so that will probably remain, but Wildfolk Bond is filler. Arcane is not bad, but any battle that lasts long enough for it to be relevant would probably want to make the player never want to use her again.

If I were to give her any buffs while maintaining her core design, I would add to her spell ā€œGive an ally x life and attack and 1 mana boosted by red gems (3:1). Cleanse them. If they use red mana, give them [magic / 4] + 2 magicā€. Swap Wildfolk Bond for Fast. This would give her the option to quickly buff a red mana troop capable of three-shotting possibly into two-shot range (eg., Bat), as well as give them a head start on their first cast, or better raise the threat value of conditional damage troops (eg., Minogor) but only in limited situations, and have a very slowly scaling and extremely situational magic buff being red only. She would still be underwhelming and largely irrelevant at the endgame, but mostly because the style of play that can include her is not really consistently viable versus meta teams or quick otherwise.

5 Likes

Good point, I probably would have given her an extra turn in her spell also.

I would agree to adding extra turnšŸ˜Ž

1 Like

I have also never used this rabbit eared freak human thing, whatever it is. It just confusing in both identity and its uses imo.

1 Like

Can I suggest that kruarg be up for discussion at some point in the future please? Thanks. :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Now, that is a good suggestion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lord @Jainus do you have any comments on Tezca?

1 Like

Just stop with the letā€™s add an extra turn to all troopsā€¦

Tezca, only used her once I think and that was only in a Suncrest team I was fooling around with.

Maybe change so that stat buff is doubled for red troops as well, then she would work nicely with Carnex, Ketras, Death, Minogor, Hydra and other red troops that extra damage on stat gain.

Edit: I do like @Mithran idea on her adding some mana too, I like that mechanic and use QY in my green team to buff Ketras and give some team wide mana. So more troops with this would be good.

Or maybe she enchants them or another random (red) troop.

1 Like

Like many here I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever bothered to use her.

I like @drathas suggestion: spell gives everyone +3 magic, but gives double buffs to red troops. Cost probably needs to go up by 1-2 mana for that.

As an aside, if reworked this way, then Iā€™d like/expect to see (five) more such troops made so thereā€™s a cycle with one for each colour.

Her traits seem fine.

2 Likes

ABHORATH

Its an excellent legendary to have as long as you get him before level 20 and you dont have any other legendaries. .

4 Likes

I actually used Abhorath for a while when I was lower level, his heal was useful for me. But. Heā€™s not very relevant any more and really needs a big update to bring him in line with the other legendaries.

Other troops are much more effective at healing and boosting attack, and without any other skull damage traits his attack gain is not as scary as it should be.

Hate to compare another troop to Gorgotha (again!), but Abhorathā€™s ā€˜removeā€™ gems means there is no chance of an extra turn, which means that thereā€™s a high chance that you give the enemy a nice fresh board. Gorgotha, on the other hand, is a much more useful board clearer due to mana gain and extra turn chance.

I think any of the following would be reasonable changes:

• remove all gems of a chosen enemyā€™s or allyā€™s colours
  • gain an extra turn (or maybe 50% chance to, like Sphinx)
  • gain life AND attack
  • become enraged when he casts or on another condition
  • or reduce mana cost to 11 if his spell stays as is
3 Likes

Oh, and also his unique legendary trait is poor. Maybe all allies should gain the +3 to all skills?

2 Likes

in this time, where devour, death mark and mana drain rule the game, he sucks big time as a front troop. plus he is too squishy. need hp booster to be at least not suck.

• spell need storm buff active for a chance of an extra turn, which in my experience is not reliable and waste a troop slot.
  • very vulnerable to status effect. no personal immunity or cleanse. particularly annoying against freeze and mana drain.
  • entangle cripples him and his spell.
  • easily killed with skull.
  • high mana cost. often dead before casting. or almost dying again before second cast.
  • weak legendary trait.

when used as front troop, he need a lot of support, which limit flexibility. also many troops outshine him when paired with the same support team. not that he is totally sucks, but since we clearly have many better troop selection, why would i even choose him?

1 Like

I think you meant Abhorath :smiley:

Agree heā€™s rubbish, certainly by the end game.

My suggestions were here: Troop Buff A-H Thread With Summary, and I paste in again:
ā¦æ Rebalance his base stats with -10 to Armour and +10 to Life, or some such
ā¦æ Replace Arcane trait with Regeneration or even Invigorated
ā¦æ Rework spell to: gain Life and Attack, scaling with Magic/2, cleanse self and heal to full, and remove all gems from the board, for 14 mana
ā¦æ Replace third trait with: Fell Fury: create a random Skull on the board when you match 4+ gems

5 Likes