• Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • I’m not sure or I don’t care
0 voters
Suggestions

Jainus:
⦿ Rebalance his base stats with -10 to Armour and +10 to Life, or some such
⦿ Replace Arcane trait with Regeneration or even Invigorated
⦿ Rework spell to: gain Life and Attack, scaling with Magic/2, cleanse self and heal to full, and remove all gems from the board, for 14 mana
⦿ Replace third trait with: Fell Fury: create a random Skull on the board when you match 4+ gems

Annaerith:
Spell: If there are at least 10 skulls - cleanse myself,
then (regardless) clear the board, heal to full and gain attack
Traits: Frenzy, Big, Unsatisfied Hunger

Unsatisfied Hunger: 1% chance to devour random (enemy?) on 4+ match

or

Change his base stats to more health and less armor, but do not give him cleanse or frenzy, then giving invigorated is fine.

Eika:
Mana cost reduced to 10

Kharybdys:
Simply add the rider “and gain an extra turn” to his spell

Turintuor:
Spell: Remove all gems. If there are 13 or more Purple gems on the board, devour a random enemy. If there are 13 or more Blue gems on the board, devour a random ally

Verdugo:
Spell: 20% chance to devour an ally troop or enemy, reset the board and get an extra turn.
Traits: Leader, Armoured, Colossus

Colossus: Give 3 life on each 4-5 gem match and 1 to attack.

⦿ Increase spell cost slightly

DonBoba:
Change 3rd trait: Gains +6 to all skills when A TROOP DIES (either from your team or enemy team)?

Or:

Change 3rd trait: +10 to all skills when an enemy dies.

Wskill:
5% chance to devour all allies

ABYNISSIA

Abynissia - Troops - Gems of War Database

• Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • I’m not sure or I don’t care
0 voters
Suggestions

Dddd:
I say leave her be.

Eika:
Mana cost could go down to about 20-22.

Kharybdys:
Ensure her summon comes before the explosion so she fills Infernal King instead of herself if the summon succeeds.

Emos:
⦿ Explode all chosen color gems then deal split dmg (like Death or Psion)
⦿ Rework her third trait to give Fast (or even 25% mana) to Daemons. If that sounds too OP, perhaps give Fast to Blighted Land troops?

Or:

⦿ Second part of her spell: It could state: “Explode all gems of a chosen color. Summon a level (X) Infernal King IF POSSIBLE, otherwise deal (X) split dmg”

Shimrra:
⦿ Would be so much better if it had different colors. Simply because IK blocks two out of three.
⦿ Her cost could stand to go down obviously since the IK summon isn’t going to consistently happen.
⦿ Maybe explode purple AND a color of choice.

DonBoba:
Spell: Explode all gems of chosen color, deal damage to all enemies based on the number of purple gems destroyed x2. Summon infernal king.
(Average damage will be around 22-24 AoE)

Jainus:
⦿ Mana cost 22
⦿ Give her Fast trait instead of the negligibly useful Burnproof
⦿ Target an enemy and explode all gems of its colour (pick one colour at random)
⦿ Deal [magic]+[something] damage to the enemy boosted by purple gems destroyed (2x? 3x?)
⦿ If the enemy dies, summon an Infernal King
⦿ Leave her legendary trait as is

ACOLYTE

Acolyte - Troops - Gems of War Database

Emos:
Spell: Create 9 brown gems. Increase a random stat on target ally by [Magic].

Jainus:
⦿ I like @emos idea: change the buff to a target ally instead of itself.
⦿ I also think he should have some Daemon synergy, so perhaps reduce his Magic stat a little but give double the buff effect if the ally is a Daemon.

ALASTAIR

Alastair - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
Do not remove purple.

Jainus:
⦿ I think he needs to keep the ‘remove purple’
⦿ I’d give him a better boost ratio, say 2:1.
⦿ He should give more than one Barrier, maybe to the first ally and himself, or maybe conditionally to all Knight allies, or maybe if there’s an Undead enemy, Barrier all allies.

Eika:
⦿ Add 2-3 more magic to him.
⦿ Give barrier to ally in first.

Emos:
I would introduce a new trait previously proposed a while back ago. “Holy Armor - any dmg that would bypass armor gets redirected to armor”.

ALCHEMIST

Alchemist - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
No change.

Jainus:
No change.

AMIRA

Amira - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
No change.

Jainus:
No change.

ANCIENT HORROR

Ancient Horror - Troops - Gems of War Database

Killerman:
Spell: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an enemy. Gain 6 to all Skill if the enemy dies.
Traits: Necromancy, Magic Link, Arcane

Jainus:
⦿ I like @killerman3333’s idea for his spell, though +6 to all may be too much, maybe +5 to all
⦿ don’t understand the choice of traits logic fully though
⦿ as he does get summoned, some survival trait would help, like Regeneration or Big

ANOINTED ONE

Anointed One - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ I think his spell is fine as is - he has a clear identity / role, buffs himself well and can recharge himself
⦿ Traits though: Water Brand makes little sense to me and doesn’t help much, I’d rearrange traits to: Frenzy, Fast, Armoured
⦿ also, his spell needs re-naming as it’s also called Frenzy and is confusing vs the Frenzy trait - and duplication sucks imo - call it Blood Rage or Blood Fury or Pit Fury or Anointed Blade or anything else

DonBoba:
No changes (except for the mentioned spell name).

ANUBITE WARRIOR

Anubite Warrior - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
Summon Mummified King instead of Fortress Gate.

Jainus:
⦿ Summoning a Mummy King might work
⦿ Instead of removing skulls, he could transform them to purple (after the summon)

APOTHECARY

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6256

Emo:
No change.

Vidokas:
Transform a selected Mana color to Brown. Cleanse all allies. Heals all party members except herself for 0+magic/2 hp.

Or:

Transform a selected Mana color to Brown. Cleanse all allies. 50% chance to heal random friendly troop to full health.

Jainus:
Maybe move to ‘cleanse two random debuffs from allies’ and cost 10

ARCHON STATUE

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6030

Emo:
Maybe have its ‘extra dmg if damaged’ scale from its missing armor (think of a reverse Rowanne)? Have the boost ratio at 2:1 or 3:1 to prevent it from being too powerful.

Jainus:
I’d just tweak Stone Spirit into Air Spirit, to give it more fit and synergy with its Whitehelm buddies

ARMORED BOAR

Armored Boar - Troops - Gems of War Database

Emo:
⦿ Give the spell an extra turn or 50% chance for extra turn.
⦿ We should have a Trample style mechanic - if skull dmg should kill a troop, any excess dmg carries over to the next troop.

Jainus:
No change.

ASTRAL SPIRIT

Astral Spirit - Troops - Gems of War Database

Emo:
No change.

Jainus:
No change.

ATLANTA

Atlanta - Troops - Gems of War Database

Emo:
Either give her spell some increased dmg OR introduce some RNG. I would do “Rain of Arrows - Deal [Magic + 2] dmg to all enemies. 50% chance to cast spell a second time at no cost”.

Jainus:
⦿ I like @Emos idea of some RNG: how about deal X+[Magic/2] damage to all enemies, 50% chance to repeat the cast, and can keep repeating until the 50% fails :slight_smile:
⦿ Armour Piercing trait doesn’t work, she’s far too fragile to be in the front, and as a caster no one would put her there
⦿ give her Fast instead?

AUTUMNAL IMP

Autumnal Imp - Troops - Gems of War Database

Mekkalyn:
⦿ Maybe they could gain more than one magic for every match of their color.
⦿ Maybe they should get a boost by x. Maybe by how much of their color is on the board but make the boost very strong?

DonBoba:
All of their first traits (elemental bond) should be changed to on skull hit effects corresponding their element:
⦿ brown imp should stun on skull hit.

OR:
As for Autumn Imp. Well yeah he could do flat AOE damage plus split damage, plus destroy gems? That’s a 3 part spell, something we don’t have yet. Does doing flat aoe boosted my number of elemental allies (similiar to TDS who’s way of spell dmg I love) + destroying gems equal to hit magic +2 feels better? :slight_smile: He can keep getting magic when matching browns which would make him destroy even more gems.

Jainus:
⦿ Disagree that these dudes need an ‘on skull hit’ trait
⦿ And not keen to see yet more status effects land on them (matching the status to the colour; makes them too similar to the guild guardians, I think), sorry @DonBoba
⦿ So, how about spell deals damage to all enemies, then Magic+3 split damage, where X is the number of Brown gems on board divided by 3
⦿ Keep the destroy 10 gems effect and on enemy death effects as is
⦿ For traits, change the Fall leggy trait to +2 Magic not +1

Shimrra:
⦿ +2 magic instead of +1 magic
⦿ Autumn could literally do 1 or 2 or 3 damage to all enemies per Brown destroyed, in addition to current effects - and still be underpowered. I think the magic gain on kill should be culled simply to make room for more interesting effects in the text field (for all of them).

AVINA

Avina - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Spell: Deal double damage to Purple enemies, and true damage to Undead, and tweak numbers to balance: maybe push it to 13 mana cost and set so that she one-shots most Purple Undead targets
⦿ Base damage should be slightly higher than Amira, who costs 13 and always gets true damage plus the Magic stat steal
⦿ Traits: move to Warded, Alert and maybe Stealthy or Agile - Stealthy fits as she’s a hunter (sort of)

DonBoba:
No Change.

AZIRIS

Aziris - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ For one thing, either he or Skeleros needs to change colours! They’re far too similar
⦿ Spell to cost say 12 mana and change target gem into a skull plus create 5 more skulls, and for each purple gem on the board, regain 1 mana

Annaerith:
Remake his spell (or no idea how buff it) but keep the traits

Kharybdys:
No change.

BABY DRAGON

Baby Dragon - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
I’d say add +1 or +2 to that 8 mana cost.

vidokas:
Shouldn’t transform himself in to baby dragon or egg.

BANSHEE

Banshee - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
Could maybe get a bit more damage in the end game - say +2 magic stats in the final ascensions and levels

BARBEARIUS

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6125

Jainus:
No change.

BASTITE PRIESTESS

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6299

Jainus:
⦿ Cost 10 mana: select a green or yellow gem: if green, change all greens to purple; if yellow, change all yellow gems to skulls
⦿ If we want a link to deathmark we could add +2 mana cost and say: for each deathmarked ally, cleanse them and create 3 random skulls on the board

BEHEMOTH

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/60771

Jainus:
⦿ It should be BIGGER, i.e. its spell should hit harder for a higher cost (it’s the BEHEMOTH, ten times as big as a man, etc etc)
⦿ Would be nice if that life gain from the Immense trait had a scaling effect on the spell, i.e. change ‘destroy 10 gems’ to ‘destroy 5 gems, boosted by my Life (ratio 4:1)’ or something similar

BERSERKER

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6061

Jainus:
No change.

BLACK BEAST

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6047

Killerman:
BLACK BEAST
It’s in line with bone dragon’s way of using armour to create skulls, what if black beast created skulls based on 1:1 ratio of troops attack?

DonBoba:
Re: Killerman’s idea: Way to many skulls.

Jainus:
⦿ Either: boost skulls made up to say 8
⦿ Or: give an extra turn, or a conditional extra turn, say 13+ greens on board, or:
⦿ My favourite: if it devours a Goblin, gain an extra turn
Re: Killerman’s idea: Nope, in end game that creates just the same problem we have with Bone Dragon now!

BLADE DANCER

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6035

Jainus:
No change.

BLAST CANNON

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6043

Jainus:
⦿ Expensive in mana cost for what it does
⦿ The silence is fairly useless as you can’t aim it
⦿ And to me doesn’t fit at all - stun would fit better nowadays
⦿ Assuming it’s made by the Dwarves, could have better synergy with them
⦿ For example, add: increase its damage for number of Dwarf allies (+3 per Dwarf)
⦿ Mech Slayer trait is worthless as (1) not many Mechs to target with it and (2) this isn’t a front row troop
⦿ Aflame is also worthless and doesn’t really fit
⦿ Sturdy, Dwarf Bond, Mech Bond, Armoured, Thick Head, many other things would go better

Shimrra:
Agreed with Jainus. Give him Stun and Burn.

DonBoba:
Maybe add double damage to what he does now would be good.

BOAR RIDER

Boar Rider - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
No change.

BOMBARDIER

Bombardier - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Could afford to hit a little harder, maybe +1 magic at some higher level
⦿ And make it 50% chance to burn

DonBoba:
Should be reworked completely.

Kharybdys:
No change.

BOMBOT

Bombot - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Suggest move it to 12 mana cost and explode 3 gems - which is technically a buff, but slows it down a bit
⦿ Order of resolving the spell does need sorting, as it should destroy itself then explode gems, as it makes no sense for it to blocking brown mana when it self-destructs

DonBoba:
No change.

AshaSekayi:
No change to spell. However, it would be nice if the explosion happened AFTER the self-destruction.

BONE DRAGON

Bone Dragon - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Enough said about this one in plenty of other threads
⦿ Simply needs fixing and/or nerfing, the maths doesn’t work in the late game now

DonBoba:
Probably smaller scaling or- making numbers of skulls created a flat amount (7 to 9 probably) but giving him gain half of destroyed armor+BD’s magic. He will become more of a tank then a nuke. And he would still remain armor spreading troop.

BONNIE ROSE

Bonnie Rose - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
No change.

DonBoba:
No change.

BOREALIS

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6192

Jainus:
⦿ Suggest a rework to deal AoE damage based on half magic scaling, with 50% chance to freeze each enemy (ideally roll them separately)
⦿ As an aside, I think all AoE spells should be reworked to scale on Magic / 2, which would affect Behemoth and Atlanta above

DonBoba:
Double damage if the enemy is already frozen > freeze all enemies.

Emos:
He should have “deal double dmg if the enemy is frozen” attached to the beginning of his spell.

BRIAN THE LUCKY

Brian the Lucky - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
Reduce mana cost to 12.

Jainus:
⦿ Let his spell affect himself.
⦿ Drop mana cost to 10.
⦿ Now he has a small chance to buff his own Magic stat and then get out of control.
⦿ But, it’s never gonna be fast enough to break anything.
⦿ Also, give him Armoured trait instead of Knight Bond.

BUL'TAUROS

Bul'Tauros - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
No change.

Jainus:
⦿ Change spell to mana cost 14, deal [Magic] damage to the first enemy and then deal split damage as per current spell, and add a chance to stun the first enemy.
⦿ Traits okay as is, though Frenzy doesn’t really fit as he shouldn’t be a front row troop - Centaur Bond would be better.

BUNNI'NOG

Bunni'Nog - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
He needs a buff and a decent one while at it.

Jainus:
⦿ Make it do triple damage to Knights.
⦿ Or double damage to Knights AND double damage to blue enemies, and push the mana cost to 16.
⦿ The +4 Attack and Life buff is useless in the end game
⦿ Suggest removng that bit, or make it +4 to all stats if the enemy dies.

CARNEX

Carnex - Troops - Gems of War Database

DonBoba:
I think Carnex should have a reworked spell. But I kinda like his legendary trait. Maybe make better scaling for it too.

Eika:
⦿ Create 5-7 skulls randomly on the board, then explode all skulls.
⦿ Legendary trait to Titanic Titanium: Gain Barrier upon skull matches.
⦿ Maybe also change his mana cost to 16-17.

vidokas:
Increase armor gain to 12.

Jainus:
⦿ Change spell to explode random skulls or red gems
⦿ And also gain [Magic] Armour, rather than fixed at 8 - as at lower levels 8 is daft, higher levels it’s irrelevant - make it scale and be more apt at all levels
⦿ Change third trait to add 50% of Armour to skull damage - that’s now a scary enough number, but easily managed down by hitting him
⦿ Note that the high attack power is also less of a worry as he blocks purple, which blocks most good skull generators

CELESTASIA

Celestasia - Troops - Gems of War Database

vidokas:
Ok troop. Just give her few more magic at higher levels.

Jainus:
Agree with @vidokas that she mainly just needs higher magic stat, and probably a +1/+2 on the base Life gain as well.

CENTAUR SCOUT

Centaur Scout - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
No change.

vidokas:
+2 magic and higher levels

CHIMERA

Chimera - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Arcane trait doesn’t make much sense thematically
⦿ I’d just tweak it so that the spell can be aimed, rather than hitting the strongest enemy

COCKATRICE

Cockatrice - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
Boost ratio should probably go to 5:1 not 4:1, it’s just a rare after all.

CORRUPT SORCERESS

Corrupt Sorceress - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
Needs to do its spell in reverse order - summon then create red gems, else the reds get wasted - should create the Anointed One then fill it, to be actually effective.

COUATL

Couatl - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ More useful if the spell say cost a little more and did something else.
⦿ Make it cost 14 and also deal damage to something.
⦿ Or make it cost 13 and also pull a random enemy troop to the front of the line (the spell art looks similar to Dust Devil so a similar whirly effect would fit nicely).

Esoxnepa:
⦿ Should offer a cleanse all with the spell at the same cost.
⦿ Or, even at the same mana cost, a split damage spell based off magic to give some fear of it looping.

DonBoba:
I like the suggestion that couatl could get a cleanse for his whole team.

vidokas:
Extra turn

COURAGE

Courage - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
I think he is over-powered, especially the third trait, which should be +2/+2 not +3/+3.

Esoxnepa:
⦿ Needs a fix. I’d remove the Life Gain all together from the trait.
⦿ Or, fix skull spam all together.

CREEPER

Creeper - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
No change.

CRIMSON BAT

Crimson Bat - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Gain 16 fixed life is nuts at low level - it should also scale with Magic stat
⦿ And like all AoE damage it really should scale with Magic /2 (and be tweaked accordingly to be the same at lower levels)
⦿ Traits are an oddity, but probably okay - I rarely use it as a front rank troop, but appreciate with Bloodsucking there it can be brutal

Ashasekayi:
No change.

CTHYRYZYX

Cthyryzyx - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Take the randomness off the damage.
⦿ Give it also a 50% chance of an extra turn.
⦿ Make the stat gain scale with Magic.

CYCLOPS

Cyclops - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
No change.

DARK MAIDEN

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/60131

Jainus:
⦿ Spell and traits are fine
⦿ My only grumble is: with that (weird) art, she should clearly be Daemon (or Monster) type as well as Elf

vidokas:
Few more magic on ascending her to legendary and mythic would be helpful to scale little bit better on higher levels

DARK MASTER

Dark Master - Troops - Gems of War Database

Jainus:
⦿ Spell damage needs to scale (as @Shimrra said) with Magic stat
⦿ At low levels, 9 is nuts, but at mid to high levels it’s irrelevant.

vidokas:
Damage could scale with magic.

DARK SONG

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6134

Jainus:
⦿ Dark Song clearly needs a buff: 13 mana for a mono nuke is really not useful in the end game
⦿ She needs to hit a lot harder, to make that situational green counter use actually work, like Amira does
⦿ Make it triple damage to green targets?
⦿ Traits are fine, though Nature Spirit and Magic Link should swap places, as the latter is infinitely more useful, it should unlock last

DARK TROLL

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6288

Jainus:
No change.

DEATH

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6200

Jainus:
⦿ Spell could perhaps cost less - 21 or 22 mana.
⦿ Split damage doesn’t scale well at all into the end-game - I think that could be a 2:1 ratio - if we do that, maybe keep the cost to 24.
⦿ Necromancy is a waste of space here. I’d change it to Warded.

DECK HAND

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6270

Jainus:
No change.

DEEP BORER

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6042

Jainus:
Spell should cost a bit more.

Ashasekayi:
No change.

DESDAEMONA

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6269

Jainus:
⦿ What personally bugs me is that the spell is called Spite and Malice, so should be doing two things, but only fires one shot.
⦿ I’d solve both of those at once by changing spell to: deal true damage [amount tbc] to a target enemy and a random enemy, and deal double damage to demons.
⦿ I’d lose the extra turn as part of that redesign bargain
⦿ Then for traits: bit of an identity problem here: slayer and piercing fit thematically, but she’s far too squishy to be a front line troop.
⦿ If she’s meant to be a front liner, then swap Stealthy for Agile
⦿ If she’s meant to be a caster/sniper (as I see her), then change traits to (say) Stealthy, Magic Spirit (or Fire Spirit), Fast.

DESERT MANTIS

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6302

Jainus:
If anything, spell needs to cost a little more.

DIMETRAXIA

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6150

Jainus:
⦿ Split damage really doesn’t scale into the end game
⦿ It should have a better chance of actually setting something on fire (and maybe benefiting from that Pyromania trait).
⦿ Change the Magic scaling to Magic x2 damage on the spell and adjust base damage accordingly
⦿ Give it a 50% chance to burn each enemy and roll them separately.

DIRE WOLF

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6113

Jainus:
No change.

DJINN

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6157

Jainus:
⦿ If the spell did both of the random effects, not just one of them, it’d still be rubbish.
⦿ I’d let it do both; the magic gain would be nice to work with, especially in arena.

DOKKALFAR

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6122

vidokas:
Deal damage based on magic.

Jainus:
Spell: Dark Swarm: 14 mana - deal [magic] damage to an enemy, boosted by total Magic stat of friendly Beasts (say 2:1), if the enemy dies, summon a Giant Spider
Traits: Beast Bond, Magic Link, Daemonic Pact

DRAAKULIS

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6169

Jainus:
⦿ Keep spell as is, but rework that legendary trait to make him a real threat as a tank?
⦿ Perhaps: boost attack damage by his Life total (2:1? 3:1?) - like Carnex has with the armour-based trait.

vidokas:
Seems good to me.

DRACOS 1337

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/62521

Jainus:
⦿ Spell costs a lot to do not a lot - needs to actually deal some damage really - I’d remove the mana drain (irritating feature in the game at best, and we see mana drain everywhere on defense teams as it is) - instead make it a nuke with the added status effects and disintegrate chance, for say 14 mana.
⦿ Replace Armored trait: it’s too common, and this isn’t a front row troop - give this guy something else: Mana Shield would work thematically… or maybe Reinforced, or Fire Spirit, or something…
⦿ Third trait annoys me - in concept, more negativity and stalling and making the game less fun, but in reality, is too random to be a threat on defense, and on offense, if you can trigger it reliably, you are probably winning without the enemy casting their spells anyway
⦿ I’d rework it to steal 3 mana from a random enemy on 4+ matches.

Emos:
⦿ 14 mana cost would make it a bit more viable.
Spell: Disintegrate (14 Y/P): Mana Drain an allied Mech or Construct. Silence, Stun and deal [Magic + 4] damage to target enemy. 25% chance to destroy the target, boosted by mana collected (x5 boost ratio).

Next up "DRAGON CRUNCHER"!
6 Likes
Open to see troop polls
Abhorath
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Abynissia
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Acolyte
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Alastair
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Alchemist
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Amira
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

AncientHorror
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

AnointedOne
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

AnubiteWarrior
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Apothecary
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

ArchonStatue
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

ArmoredBoar
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

AstralSpirit
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Atlanta
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

AutumnalImp
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Avina
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Aziris
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BabyDragon
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Banshee
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Barbearius
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BastitePriestess
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Behemoth
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Berserker
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BlackBeast
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BladeDancer
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BlastCannon
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BoarRider
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Bombardier
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Bombot
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BoneDragon
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BonnieRose
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Borealis
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BrianTheLucky
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BulTauros
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

BunniNog
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Carnex
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Celestasia
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

CentaurScout
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Chimera
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Cockatrice
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

CorruptSorceress
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Couatl
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Courage
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Creeper
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

CrimsonBat
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Cthyryzyx
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Cyclops
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DRACOS1337
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DarkMaiden
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DarkMaster
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DarkSong
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Death
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DeckHand
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DeepBorer
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Desdaemona
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DesertMantis
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dimetraxia
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DireWolf
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Djinn
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dokkalfar
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Draakulis
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DragonCruncher
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DragonEggs
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DragonKnight
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dragonette
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DragonianRogue
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dragonmoth
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dragotaur
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DrakeRider
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Druid
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Dryad
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DustDevil
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DwarfLord
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DwarvenMiner
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

DwarvenSlayer
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Elf-Eater
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Elwyn
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Emperina
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

EmperorKhorvash
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Ettin
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Famine
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Faunessa
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FelDras
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Fenrir
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Ferit
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Finley
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FireLizard
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FlameCannon
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FleshGolem
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

ForestGuardian
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FortressGate
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

FrostGiant
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GarNok
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GardsAvatar
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Ghiralee
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Ghoul
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GiantSpider
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GiantToadstool
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GladeWarden
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GloomLeaf
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Gnoll
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Gob-Chomper
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Goblin
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GoblinKing
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GoblinRocket
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GoblinShaman
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Golem
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Gorgon
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Gorgotha
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GrandInquisitor
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GraveKnight
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GreenSeer
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GreenSlime
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

GriffonKnight
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hag
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hellcat
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hellhound
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

HeraldOfChaos
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Herdmaster
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hippogryph
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hobgoblin
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Honor
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Humility
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Hydra
  • Buff it.
  • Nerf it.
  • Remake it completely.
  • Leave it as is.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

2 Likes

As for 2 mentioned troops so far:
Abhorath only needs his third trait updated. Because gaining 3 to all skills when an enemy dies is super lame. Great maw gets +2 when simply matching skulls.
Idea about his third trait is nice, how about that he gains +6 to all skills when A TROOP DIES (either from your team or enemy team)? Or +10 to all skills when an enemy dies. One of the 2. I like more the +6 option.
Aby now> what if her spell was this:
24 cost, same colors, explode all gems of chosen color, deal damage to all enemies based on the number of purple gems destroyed x2. (Avarage damage will be around 22-24 AoE). Summon infernal king.

2 Likes

Would be funnier if abhorath had a 5% chance to devour all allies lol

Great work @Ashasekayi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next Troop Reminder:

Acolyte

My turn on Abynissia… so I do think she needs a buff, she’s a very expensive exploder most of the time; if you manage to cast her spell, and you have a gap in your team to place an Infernal King, things are going badly or at least slowly…

I like @shimrra and @emos ideas, or a bit of @donboba

I’d say:

• mana cost 22
  • give her Fast trait instead of the negligibly useful Burnproof
  • target an enemy and explode all gems of its colour (pick one colour at random)
  • deal [magic]+[something] damage to the enemy boosted by purple gems destroyed (2x? 3x?)
  • if the enemy dies, summon an Infernal King
  • leave her legendary trait as is
6 Likes

Acolyte:
“Create 9 brown gems. Increase a random stat on target ally by [Magic]”.
I think being able to buff your other troops instead of just himself would make Acolyte more useful.

5 Likes

That’s an excellent idea and I second it!

1 Like

I also agree with that change for acolyte. That would give him a nice spot. I can’t think of any other changes for him.

I think this thread is an awesome idea and the layout here is so pretty and organized. Great job to all those involved.

I agree with everything that has been said for the most part. We have some great ideas.

I’m not sure if I should have called for the next troop or not so I won’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Alastair:
Removing purple seems tematicly to his cause, but if his spell did everything it does now without removing purple I think it would be so much better :slight_smile:

Also I think next 2 troops: alchemist and Amira are just wonderfull and need no changes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It seems you can’t add additional polls to a post after it has been saved once. So, I’m not sure how we should handle the poll situation.

I know!

That never solves anything!

Can you add further polls further down the thread and add links to them in the top thread?

Also, could move to a new thread for each letter of the alphabet to break up the length?

…and another one from me, onto the troops :slight_smile:

ACOLYTE

• I like @emos idea: change the buff to a target ally instead of itself.
  • I also think he should have some Daemon synergy, so perhaps reduce his Magic stat a little but give double the buff effect if the ally is a Daemon
  • overall he’s not in a bad place (compared to 180 odd cards of dross) but these tweaks would fit nicely

ALASTAIR
http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6090

• I think he needs to keep the ‘remove purple’ (sorry @donboba I think it just fits him too well)
  • I’d give him a better boost ratio, say 2:1
  • and he should give more than one Barrier, maybe to the first ally and himself, or maybe conditionally to all Knight allies, or maybe if there’s an Undead enemy, Barrier all allies

ALCHEMIST
http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6005

• agree this one is fine as it is, one of the best and most-used utility troops in the game

AMIRA

• agree she’s fine as she is - stronger than most epics, but they need to get better
  • Desdaemona needs to be this good

I think we should get more polls and ideas in on these before we move to the Ancient Horror and beyond…

Summoning @Ashasekayi :smiley:

2 Likes

I am not the one you requested, but i am here anyway.
Idea for horror
Small change
Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an enemy. Gain 6 to a random Skill if the enemy dies.
To:
Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an enemy. Gain 6 to all Skill if the enemy dies.

Also considering he can be summoned, his traits need reworked so how about
(Cursed, Magic Link, Stone Spirit) —> (Necromancy, Magic Link, Arcane)

Is he a worth the title of horror yet?

3 Likes

That’s why I said it fits his goal to remove purples. He would be a stronger troop without it, but it shouldn’t be removed from him :slight_smile:

+1 to this.

1 Like