Okay, so the title’s not very modest. But we can all make this thread great
The plan is to take each troop in the game, in alphabetical order, and suggest issues or changes with it, and whether we as players care. Many commons are pants, that’s fine, they’re gacha fodder. They might get used early game or in arena. Many legendaries and mythics, and most epics, are also pants. That’s not fine. Some leading (and more recent usually) troops are probably too strong and could get toned down a little (Khorvash, Mab, BD etc I am looking at you) - but let’s not dwell on those.
I don’t want this to be just another meta / balance / MMDBBD complaint thread, let’s give energy to the game’s other 280+ troops that are hardly used!
Then for comments, either quote and agree/disagree/endorse/suggestsomethingelse on one that went earlier in the list, or pick the next troop in turn and carry on.
Let’s not dwell on any one troop for too long though.
Ideally, put the troop name in BOLD CAPITALS so we can see which one we are on.
Also, please post a link to the troop page from @lyya’s site for the troop in question.
So I will go first…
Used to be scary, two years ago. Time hasn’t been kind to this timeless daemon giant.
- spell is quite expensive for what it does, and the board reset is as likely to give the enemy a great boost as you
- healing to full isn’t great when your life score is fairly average
- attack gain is scary-ish, but only useful if you can create skulls, and this guy blocks purple mana
- Arcane trait doesn’t belong here at all - it only buffs the attack gain and is of little use
- his legendary trait Sacrifice is rubbish, can only trigger three times, and if you’re triggering it, you’re winning anyway
So, what to do with him…
- rebalance his base stats with -10 to Armour and +10 to Life, or some such
- replace Arcane trait with Regeneration or even Invigorated
- rework spell to: gain Life and Attack, scaling with Magic/2, cleanse self and heal to full, and remove all gems from the board, for 14 mana
- replace third trait with: Fell Fury: create a random Skull on the board when you match 4+ gems
Thoughts please? (I noticed a few other suggestions elsewhere that a devour would work well for this one)
Once we have some comments or complaints on those ideas for Abby, someone can do Abynissia.