The Great Troop Buff A-Z thread

Yes and no.
At no point there should be any mythic troop that is a must to have in the meta. So a niche mythic makes sense to me.

The only thing I might change about Abynissia is perhaps to ensure her summon comes before the explosion so she fills Infernal King instead of herself if the summon succeeds. But this might simply not be possible due to the way spells have to be coded.

We already switch to another troop? After 5 hours?

1 Like

@Eika, I’d be hesitant to suggest a different troop due to her lore, but maybe it could be a random daemon of legendary or better status? I agree that 22 is a better mana cost for her though.

@Kharybdys I think that could be an improvement, but then again some people could make use of the mechanic as it currently stands. If you are only summoning IK to eat him with Black Beast then filling him with mana would be a complete waste. Of course Aby would still get the mana if she summons IK below herself so maybe this could work…

@turintuor well there are 280 to get through…

3 Likes

A random daemon would made her worse I think. I do rather stay with IK. :slight_smile:

I’d give Abhorath leader, armoured and his last trait would be colossus. Colossus would give him 3 life on each 4-5 gem match and 1 to attack. I’d make his spell have a 20% chance to devour an ally troop or enemy, reset the board as usual and get an extra turn. Might need his spell cost bumped up slightly, though.

Most certainly an improvement over the way he is just now anyway.

1 Like

I like those ingredients, but perhaps not all of them at once! That would be too much… did you think remove the heal effect from his spell?

@turintuor people can comment on what they like above as well…

I’m sure we can all multi-task :smiley:

My suggestions are quite powerful, yes, but I was toying with the idea of him losing some healing off of his spell, not devouring an enemy and only an ally instead and pushing his spell cost up since I’d rather make a strong troop and then simplify it down after a conversation or two, just like right now, ha ha.

I think Abby could use a rework IMHO. What the devs originally proposed would be so much better.
I would have Abby’s spell explode all chosen color gems then deal split dmg (like Death or Psion). The summon ability is mostly worthless.
Rework her third trait to give Fast (or even 25% mana) to Daemons. If that sounds too OP, perhaps give Fast to Blighted Land troops? We haven’t had a trait mechanic like that yet.

EDIT: I thought about having the second part of her spell be different based on the situation at hand, make it a best of both worlds. It could state: “Explode all gems of a chosen color. Summon a level (X) Infernal King IF POSSIBLE, otherwise deal (X) split dmg”. Too powerful?

2 Likes

This is pretty solid! I’d give her fast and call that a decent adjustment.

this will be a big mess when i come back in monday(or later) and try to reply all of that what u gonna do from 1 hour after now till monday…
or maybe ill just ignore it and u loose a voice
at least if there was that poll in every troop i (and many others) could quickly tap the ideas (likes here and there plus the poll) without giving a huge mess
but i guess ‘A-Z’ doesnt need to be organised or ‘Great’ doesnt need to keep more then just few ppl ideas

Aby - i cant tell, didnt get her, i think slight buff maybe so that her explode is efficient, but maybe she is just good as it is

1 Like

##THREAD SUMMARY

ABHORATH

http://ashtender.com/gems//troops/6067

Suggestion by Jainus
  • rebalance his base stats with -10 to Armour and +10 to Life, or some such
  • replace Arcane trait with Regeneration or even Invigorated
  • rework spell to: gain Life and Attack, scaling with Magic/2, cleanse self and heal to full, and remove all gems from the board, for 14 mana
  • replace third trait with: Fell Fury: create a random Skull on the board when you match 4+ gems
Suggestion by Annaerith

Spell: If there are at least 10 skulls - cleanse myself,
then (regardless) clear the board, heal to full and gain attack
Traits: Frenzy, Big, Unsatisfied Hunger

Unsatisfied Hunger: 1% chance to devour random (enemy?) on 4+ match

or

Change his base stats to more health and less armor, but do not give him cleanse or frenzy, then giving invigorated is fine.

Suggestion by Eika
  • mana cost reduced to 10
Suggestion by Kharybdys
  • simply add the rider “and gain an extra turn” to his spell
Suggestion by Turintuor

Spell: Remove all gems. If there are 13 or more Purple gems on the board, devour a random enemy. If there are 13 or more Blue gems on the board, devour a random ally

Suggestion by Verdugo

Spell: 20% chance to devour an ally troop or enemy, reset the board and get an extra turn.
Traits: Leader, Armoured, Colossus

Colossus: Give 3 life on each 4-5 gem match and 1 to attack.

• Increase spell cost slightly

ABYNISSIA

http://ashtender.com/gems//troops/6170

Suggestion by Dddd
  • I say leave her be.
Suggestion by Eika
  • mana cost could go down to about 20-22.
Suggestion by Kharybdys
  • ensure her summon comes before the explosion so she fills Infernal King instead of herself if the summon succeeds.
Suggestion by Emos
  • explode all chosen color gems then deal split dmg (like Death or Psion)
  • Rework her third trait to give Fast (or even 25% mana) to Daemons. If that sounds too OP, perhaps give Fast to Blighted Land troops?

or

• Second part of her spell: It could state: “Explode all gems of a chosen color. Summon a level (X) Infernal King IF POSSIBLE, otherwise deal (X) split dmg”
6 Likes

Oh wow, well done doing that!

(no idea how you did it, and I don’t have the patience or time to sort it!)

@Annaerith stop sulking, you are most welcome to do some polls - nice idea for some of the more popular or debated troops - I just said I didn’t intend to do them, can’t commit that time… and I voted in your Abhorath poll above, thanks for doing that…

I shall be summoning @Ashasekayi to do those nice summaries when I remember :slight_smile: as it becomes onerous I may try and arrange payment in traitstones or something from my stocks via the devs…

Also pinging @lyya @Shimrra @tacet @gouki @DonBoba @studs @Mekkalyn @esslee to come join in… (and apologies for anyone I unintentionally snubbed by not pinging)

5 Likes

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: Hopefully, the devs will have an easier job considering the suggestions if they can read through one central area.

Awesome thread summaries! Never seen that format before; very efficient and looks great to boot!

3 Likes

@Ashasekayi That is one amazing summary.
@Jainus Might it not be a better idea to have Asha restart the thread (so she/he’s in control of the first post for the summary)?

I hate to say this but Abyssinia would be so much better if it had different colors. Simply because IK blocks two out of three. I say I hate bringing that up because changing it would be a massive pain.

Otherwise… well basically all daemons worth summoning are going to block something there.

Her cost could stand to go down obviously since the IK summon isn’t going to consistently happen.

Maybe explode purple AND a color of choice, get more explosions?

All of this being said, if the game goes 10 turns and you’ve got a full daemon team, that averages out to be the same as Wulf’s trait (+5 and +5) with the notable difference that a full daemon team is significantly easier to make at the moment. But if it goes for 20 then it averages +10 +10, which is scary stuff. Probably doesn’t need much more than having that trait to be honest.

Also whatever is happening with the triangles is freaking epic.

3 Likes

I don’t mind… as long as in doing so @Ashasekayi credits me starting it sufficiently to satisfy my over-bearing ego…

@Ashasekayi what do you think?

Click here to learn how triangles work

You use the tag [ details=Text for title ] Text for reveal [ /details ], but without the spaces.
So this is how I made this:
[ details=Click here to learn how triangles work ]
You use the tag [ details=Text for title ] Text for reveal [ /details ], but without the spaces.
[ /details ]

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Sure, I can do that.

Borealis next? I’ll be around later on, just busy right now, but I think it’s fair to say Borealis could use a slight adjustment.

Thoughts?