Daily Troop Discussion!

She was one of the very few originals with true damage.
Now the thing is common and either steals life, or is AoE, or drains mana.

As for helping her… the attack gain and Chill Touch means she was desingned for first place… but without armor.
Maybe add “and gain barrier” ?
And maybe add a second type to her. Elf or Mystic?

How about something very unique, like “deal triple damage on troop that use more then 2 colors”?

1 Like

Unique traits are restricted to Legendary and Mythic troops, though.

I like your other ideas, but I don’t think that making her more durable would encourage me to use her more unless she was massively overhauled in other ways. A single-target true-damage, even with chill touch, still wouldn’t be much use, except maybe in front of a skull-spam team (in which case, there would probably still be better choices).

I mean a unique touch to the ability. Plenty of non-Myrhic are special, like say the Old Hag that can transform a troop. Or the way Nyx or Cockatrice turn mana drain into gems, etc…

A somewhat “Mythic Killer” aspect would be fun.

2 Likes

Needs to steal magic + 1 life and [magic / 2] + 1 attack. Like most single target, non-board modding, no double damage condition epics, her mana cost should be no more than 12, preferably 11. As a storyline epic, I think that would be appropriately usable for at least some period of the game, in some situations. Reducing the enemy’s attack while raising her own life and attack would make her a bit safer to use up front, giving the chill touch some value. As a single target turn-ending mana-dead end without some way to set her up into a quick kill, she still wouldn’t make her way into any endgame team for me.

2 Likes

I think Lady Sapphira should be a lot better, I think she should drain the first two OR last two troops mana and then deal a respectable true damage to them. Her mana cost could be lifted to 14-15. Kinda of a minies EK.

HYDRA

2 Likes

Just one question… What is the point of hydra?
I wouldn’t even know where to start. It just doesn’t seem to fit in anywhere. I’ll leave it to the experts.

3 Likes

i tried hydra a few times. didn’t stick with me. the lost hp requirement makes it hard for its true potential.

i tried it in justice league but didn’t work so well since color clash with valk. it could have been perfect there since my justice league tank always get hit by skull but rarely dies.

simply put, i can’t find a good combo that utilize its spell potential while at the same time being reliable and fast.

I’ll say this, was much easier when skull bait was a thing to allow you to actively boost damage outpouring before you deployed a heal.

Yeah, I am a little annoyed that also the CPU goes sometimes for skull when their first troop is entangled. Happened quite a few times when I am using the Yasmine team. I hoped they at least was able to fix that by now. But I guess I cant complain, before it always went for skulls, so its a lot better than before, thankfully…

A skull hit you take with an Entangled troop is one you don’t give to the other team. So there is some logic in it.

1 Like

I agree there is some form of logic in it.

Hydra’s last trait suggests that it should be used in front. However, I prefer using hydra any other slot. Its spell’s boost ratio can be quite fearsome, especially as the battle drags on. Hydra has a high life stat but it almost always works best with a life buffer in the team. It’s a difficult troop to use effectivelly but I don’t think it should be changed.

It suffers from the same that all troops that do split damage suffer. Split damage doesn’t scale well into late game.

I’d change last trait to : 50% of summoning a Serpent when damaged.

3 Likes

I like Hydra where he is currently, his spell can be particularly brutal when you pull it off. Though I have stated before I think the third trait should be changed to:

Deal 12 damage split between enemies when taking skull damage.

I think this shows the heads focusing in when the enemy numbers reduce.

1 Like

AUTUMNAL IMP

… tumbleweed…

1 Like

Since you can’t thematically add a second color, please, reduce the cost.

All Imps should had a rework, and the same, not many of us would had complained if we had more exploders generally.

They explode all gems of their own mana color, then they charm 2 random enemy troops.

Now we are talking and people will start using Imps for once. :ok_hand:

4 Likes