Well, speaking for myself, I lose against manticore 50% of the time.
This is how my typical manticore match goes:
- I go after a color on a troop I don’t mind getting stunned and drained
- Manticore drains me
- I get mana that I don’t mind losing again
- Second manticore drains me
- I go after a troop whose mana I actually need.
- bone dragon takes two to three turns to get their mana while I still haven’t had a chance to get a single cast off. Most likely due to an unlucky board or lack of cascades or surges
- 40+ attack manticore rips through my first two guys.
- My last two troops struggle to get mana and beat out manticore
- Death by another bone dragon + manticore
It does not matter which team I use this always happens. If I use a faster team obviously I have a better shot at getting the ball rolling and then coming out on top, but luck never seems to run in my favor.
It’s the combination of two manticores plus bone dragon that makes manticore so broken.
If you did not have to worry about the stun and the drain and the empowered and the impervious/attack and the very cheap costs of their skills… then the game would be a lot less stressful. There isn’t a single counter other than “bait” or “mana block” and that never seems to freaking work for me.
Next to impossible when there seems to be so many green/yellow/purple/browns. Because bone dragon is also on the OP side…
I’m all for a legitimate counter to Manticore anytime they are ready to release one.