Congratulations to t0nerz, the latest #1 PvP BOT killer!

Both a games-industry developer’s perspective and a player and community member of many games. My anecdote meets your anecdote and they form some sort of matter/antimatter collision.

3 Likes

Magniloquent, grandiloquent.

The whole dynamic between programmers and the bitters is the same with programmmers and hackers, one-sided and adversarial.

Since programmers are unable to give unbiased opinions on the matter and their interests are almost entirely self-serving, you cannot assume their version of the story is 100% truth.

Programmers like to tell everyone that the race against hackers is always them playing catch-up, which is a logical fallacy. It’s simply one side adjusting to the other side’s last move, BOTH parties play catch-up.

That’s what “arms race” means.

2 Likes

Firstly, stop pretending I’m stupid or I’ll gladly return the favor.

Second, you said it’s an arms race and slipped in that botters “always have the advantage of agility”, when in reality, both parties have the same advantages/disadvantages

1 Like

I never said anything about your intelligence. I try to leave ad hominem out of my arguments and evaluate other people’s statements on their own merits.

Botters do have the advantage of agility, though. They’re not bound by release schedules, conflicting interests such as performance, reliability, scalability, or new feature work. They can focus on their task (cheating) exclusively. Developers have the advantage of white-box code access, but not much else.

My initial response was to your point that the devs upping the ante would make the botters find greener pastures. I disagree; it takes one bored cheater to update the bot code and we’re right back to where we started.

2 Likes

Sure you never say anything directly, but your passive-aggressive implications don’t go over my head.

Don’t pretend the tone of this is any different than “talking down” to me.

1 Like

Take it for what it is. You spent two paragraphs rephrasing my point. I had nothing new to add.

2 Likes

TBF some people do not understand the terminology being used so it’s always nice to have a little explanation. An arms race to a person who’s native language isn’t English could mean something else to them.

And mom and dad stop fighting :cry:

2 Likes

What is this “arms race?” :thinking: I typically use my feet.

3 Likes

Exactly, i forgot his name, but not what he did, and i fought for that faceless person,. I argued that he was not cheating or botting, and i would do the same for sister too. @dhjl you lover of gamercat i miss you and how you topped consecutive weeks.

Maybe someone from Asha’s World guild can give us some feedback. Both Sister and Alex are members of their guild so it would be easy to confirm that they are real persons who have contact with guild :wink:
On the other hand, even if they never spoke a single word with others, who would care when they provide so many trophies.

There can be a problem with some feedback coz prolly the rest 28 members of the guild are Sister/Alex’s bots :laughing:

1 Like

Not saying it is not possible but guild was there long time ago before they joned them and they were even high on leaderboard. It is hard to beleive they would join the guild , overtake the leadership, kick everyone and fill in guild with their bots :slight_smile:

wow so the witch-hunt got to this stage already huh, now I remember why I didn’t check this topic for a while

2 Likes

:laughing: ← implies aforementioned statement was a joke.

Its not like you’ve been missed :smile:

Anyway, like @KoolBiird noticed, I’m just fooling around simply because all this moaning and crying about bots and exploiting is hilarious to me. And actually, it would make no difference to me whether someone turns to be a bot or not :grinning:

3 Likes

We all understand that Sister and maybe even Alex is using some bot programme and developers can not do anything with it. So once there will be equail competition in pvp, it will be more fun to play. Atm i personally stop playing top pvp rang after this week.

The thing is if you look up sister and see all the things about her/him, it is clear why they would not want to talk on the forums. Even though @dhjl left, he and sister had what looked like a wonderful rivalry, with some weeks winning and others where she won. There is a point where sister beats @dhjl by 300 games. Also for all we know sister does post on the forums, but not as their ingame name. It is also apparent that sister had a rivalry with Dhjl. There are more than a few reasons why sister has so many battles under her/his belt. Botting is not the only reason.