Congratulations to t0nerz, the latest #1 PvP BOT killer!

I checked, it’s not a replay button, only shows a profile.

At any rate, what I said has value, measuring “reaction time” would catch most bots almost instantaneously.

Reaction time, not sure. The way some players play like @tacet for example, who try to move 2 gems before they are able would get in trouble by the reaction time thing. If there was a way to determine how long game length is and how often the games are posted against an already set timer, then bots would be easy to catch without getting innocent people in trouble.

Tacet does make a move in the same amount of time, nobody does.

You know how the AI has no delay? A bot would behave similar, a static “reaction time” across thousands of moves and all faster than the human mind can process the whole board.

Maybe, however, isn’t it possible to exploit reaction time for bots by programming them to take slower moves? Even if it is waiting 1 second to take a move.

You’d have to set it to vary it’s reaction time or else a static time over thousands of moves would be detected.

I’ve checked out the popular bots online, you can’t set any time, nevermind a varied set of times. Of course, if you wrote your own bot, you could do that, but custom bots are much more rare

1 Like

I do not trust bots for games, i have no idea if i might download a trojan that can wreck my pc.

The minute it comes to light that this is how they’re catching bots, the bots would have a setting to add hysteresis. It’d be simple enough to check the traffic hitting their server to confirm.

1 Like

Never heard anyone use hysterisis for anything other than magnetisation.

Y’all fancy

Maybe Russians?
Maybe its some kind of experiment on society? Maybe they wanna check if, when driven on edge, society will lynch them ? :scream:

1 Like

Does Sister speak in chat? Can she say more than affirmative or I’ll be back?

I’ve never seen Sister in chat or on the forum.

The weirdest thing to me is that the number 1 right now has 200+ losses, that’s a big amount of losses in proportion to wins. The others below have way less than that. I’m suspicious but it could just be backing out for a bad matchup asap

She does have a sense of humor. Or at least she did.

Sounds like Sister is too busy farming to speak.

And losses should be punished a lot more.

The game only talks back to the server after a win or loss, not during the game.

1 Like

Yeah this was already covered

1 Like

In the meantime, all of the bots and their accounts are deleted.

My experience is, when a cheat is caught, they move on to a new game and an easier target.

My experience is, bottling is a never-ending arms race between the developers and the black hats, with the latter always having the advantage of agility.

2 Likes

He did give a reason, more or less, that even having a lot of time on his hands and not much of a life, the game was over consuming it. He almost never posted on the forums, but every once and a while he would.

1 Like

What experience are you speaking from, a programmer’s?

Because, I should have stated earlier, I’m speaking from a gamer’s experience of 25+ years and competition.