Colors(blue/purple) too similar for colorblindness

how does this look?

Couple minutes in Paint.net stripping out color, leaving the logos to make them distinct. A real art person could obviously do a better job of defining borders and such.

2 Likes

When the board is 80% Green/Blue/Purple, it is an absolute nightmare to decipher the board.

I usually have my wife or daughter come help when that happens.

1 Like

for me the green/blueā€¦ is badā€¦ my kid cracked his tablet screen and the colors were invertedā€¦ this was actually easier for me to play (except where it said blue - it wasnt blue :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

uh im not color blind but if a change like that has to be made please make the symbols bigger (so there would be bigger area covered with color )
or make this an option in settings coz i would struggle to play with so small symbols / little color, basically twice as hard to see what it actually is :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: how about a small patch/mod downloadable as addition to the game so that the colors/symbols would be changed for those who want/need it?

TIL there are symbols on the gems. Iā€™ve been playing for a year without ever noticing.

2 Likes

My 2 year old grandson was asked what color the (red) ā€œbubbleā€ was. he said ā€œFIREā€. and we all spat our coffee out. He identified all the symbols. TWO YEARS OLD.

1 Like

He recognized the firey passion of the makers of this game.

1 Like

He also proved he didnā€™t inherit either color blindness from me, or, his fatherā€™s synesthesia.

Now all you have to do is teach him the definition of colour :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

his spelling may or may not be influenced by his English granpapa. my children do manage to say ā€œwaterā€ properly from husbandā€™s influence. that screws with the Murica version of ā€œwad-derā€ among their peers. LOL

1 Like

@evilbatwitch My daughter was 2 years old when she took my ipad and CORRECTLY entered my pin to open it! When I asked her how she knew how to do that, she said and I quoteā€¦

ā€œI WATCH YOU!ā€

:open_mouth:

2 YEARS OLD!

2 Likes

I was thinking something the other day. So I thought I do share it. What about making a customization option for the gem colors, so players can adjust the colors of each of the gems? That way everyone is free to adjust the colors for their own eyes, and also a cool addition would be to add other patterns of the symbols on the gems.

2 Likes

A high contrast versus symbol and color would be the best. Though Iā€™d make the symbol white and the rest colored.

http://gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/ensure-no-essential-information-is-conveyed-by-a-colour-alone

Im not sure what device everyone is playing on but phone and pc can change the colors in the game. I donā€™t have xbox or ps4 (?)ā€¦
I jot down the RBG values for normal then comfortable.