Celestial Traitstones -- ......grind

There’s no way this is true.

Also the best way to get celestials is from opening VIP chests. The celestial:legendary ratio is much higher than in other chests.

As a 100% free to play player, I don’t have access to those.

Sorry about double post.

1 Like

Maybe I’m confusing it with farming arcanes but there’s less stones in the mix and it’s always made sense in that respect to farm them in mono colour kingdoms. Plus not that many people are vip anyway and opening those chests is such a rare thing these days, farming celestials is pretty much the only option for many players.

That’s why I always say save everything and spend nothing if you want the newest mythic troops. Only open keys when there is a new mythic troop.

Two mythic troops this quickly will be a bit of a drain on resources for some.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering:

When I opened 50 VIP keys last week to get the mythic, I had 9 celestial stones drop.

4 Likes

I can confirm this. 63 chests here (I think), 12 Celestials.

It first rolls on rarity level, then on an item within that rarity pool. For mono color kingdoms, some pools have less entries, e.g. there’s only one Runic instead of two. That doesn’t change your chance to get a Runic though, just the chance which particular Runic it will be.

Yup, that’s consistent with my understanding.

1 Like

1 out of 16 chance for an arcane is definitely off. I’d say it’s closer to 1 out of 50 and then 1 out of 100 for celestials. I have no numbers to back this up, but it’s just the feel i get.

As someone who does about 1000 explores a week and keeps track of Arcanes by session, I feel like the 1 in 16 is pretty accurate. I have had a run of around 170 explores with no arcanes, but over a large sample, things should even out for you.

3 Likes

I’ve done a bit more than two hours of explores today, migraine be damned. Just too much gold with the event bonus… I got, so far, 13 Arcanes and 4 Celestials, out of it. I didn’t track the number of my battles, but it was quite a few (Sunbird/2x Fire Bomb/Coral Golem). I got two Celestials in consecutive battles. I got three Arcanes over the course of five battles and then there were 45 minutes of absolutely nothing dropping. It’s all RNG.

I understand 1:16 feeling too low; it often seems that way. But then the Arcanes suddenly bulk-drop like crazy and I realize again that it’s true. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, I even feel like some locations are permanently worse than others when it comes to Arcane dropping when this is very likely just me. RNG is just weird like that (or Zaejin and Dragon’s Claw hate me).

But really, given how much confusion there is even in this topic, with long-time players, about this, removing the question mark which showed in detail what dropped from explore seems like a really, really bad idea all over again.

1 Like