Celestial Traitstones -- ......grind

How sure are you regarding those numbers? I’ve been doing a fairly large amount of exploring, I seem to be getting a Celestial roughly every 100 battles. I’ve even recently started tracking drop count for each rarity, I’m now at 7 Celestials for ~700 explore fights. Arcanes are looking somewhat better, not even close to 1 in 16 though.

1 Like

When traitstones were originally introduced, the rates for Celestial and Arcane traitstones were determined to be roughly 0.67% and 2%, respectively (from what I remember). Multiply that by 3, which is what the Explore menu used to say was the boost to drop chances, and you get 2% and 6%; this is one Celestial every 50 explores, and one Arcane every 16 explores.

So not 32 and 16, like people were saying above. They are either misremembering their Celestial rates or getting very lucky. Or the drop rates have changed.

1 Like

That’s still a lot better than what I seem to be getting. I guess if drop rates had really been lowered, more players would have noticed by now. That suggests that I’m either having an amazingly long unlucky streak or something in my explore setup is somehow lowering the odds. I’m beginning to wonder if the number of surviving own troops somehow has an impact, I usually end up missing two Bombots. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just a word of caution to all those stating they have excess celestials - you do know that every epic troop in the game requires 1 celestial , most legendaries need 2 & all mythics need 4 - that’s literally hundreds required.

When I was just levelling troops that i needed etc I too thought i had excess celestials, once it comes down to beginning to trait EVERYTHING I soon learnt that I had nowhere near enough.

I currently have no need for any arcanes at all (in fact have at least 50+ spare of most) but still need 70 odd celestials.

1 Like

There’s also hero classes, they require 2 Celestials each to fully trait.

I wasn’t sure of the celestial rate. Sorry - should have checked my sources. I track my arcane drops but not my Celestials, and they are so infrequent that I have chalked up any variances to probability. If you’re grinding for Celestials, it’s an even bigger hill than I thought.

We are on Day 3 of tracking. (And they took away explore counting as a win :frowning: )

100 games so far
Two kingdoms
Swords Edge
Leonis Empire

36 Minor Water
26 Minor Wind
6 Major Water
17 Major Wind
5 Runic Water
9 Runic Wind
1 Arcane Blade

0 Celestial

Sad results, but don’t give up just yet.

Sometimes i have similar results, (1 Arcane in 60+ battles) sometimes i have promising results (1 Arcane or Celestial in 15+ battles) and sometimes i have crazy lucky results as 3 Arcanes in 3 battles (happened today and twice this year in the past) or 4 Celestials in 4 battles (happened once this year).

Try some faster teams, such as:

• Valk, Rowanne, Elspeth, Valk (sacrifice the bottom Valk to fill the top one and then fill Rowanne) to get some souls in the process if you need. I gathered one million souls i needed for Dawnbringer with this team, and a long time later, at christmas, i crafted Pharos Ra… :sweat_smile:

• Elspeth, Bombot, Hero Mechanist fully traited (black Manacles) and any mono-brown troop to be sacrificed.

• On this week’s event you can use Coral Golem, Sunbird, Fire Bomb x2 and get some extra gold. In the long run it’s always good to get some extra resources while you grind.

I hope this helps.

Long story short, don’t ever craft any traitstones in soulforge, you are only robbing yourself. 2 celestials for 1 arcane is a joke.

I’d add

• Sunbird, Rowanne, Fire Bomb, Fire Bomb for fast Arcane hunting and
  • Elspeth, TDS, Zombie, Zombie for fast Soul gathering
1 Like

If you want celestial stones, farm a mono colour kingdom. There’s more chance of dropping one.

I did 35 explores today as part of the daily task, win 75 battles. I used crimson bat, Elspeth, penguin and coral golem and was surprised how quick it was. Was getting 1000 gold for a battle more or less too.

It could just be my imagination, but it feels like I have a higher chance of getting arcane/celestial at higher difficulty levels. But I haven’t tracked the data to confirm.

I already have 500k souls. So I am doing gold - added and he just sits :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that true? Or speculation?

I’m sure most people know, but for the benefit of some who might not, you do get 1 celestial if you buy the gem bounty in the dungeon on Sundays.

So that’s another way to get 1 per week without forking out cash.

2 Likes

Of course it’s true. :grinning: There’s only one minor, major, runic and arcane and obviously celestial.
With dual colour kingdoms there’s double the amount of other stones so statistically you’re more likely to be getting either an arcane or celestial. I know percentage is supposed to be the same but I have always found they chuck em out more freely.

1 Like

There are roughly 20 Mythics, only one of them can be pulled from chests this week. Does this mean we are 20 times more likely to get a Mythic? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I thought that for any kingdom the odds of getting minors, majors, runics, arcanes and celestial are the same. Just that you have a 50/50 chance of getting one colour or the other.

Would be good if a dev can confirm that.

FTFY

It’s ok to craft anything but arcanes.

1 Like