Bounties

Nothing more frustrating than wrong bounty troops and devs totally ignoring the bug.
We should all demand a gem refund for bugged bounty event.

2 Likes

Will teach me to spend before looking. If I knew ahead of time I would have not bought one tier.

I didn’t lose a single match until I’d repeated 17 for about 15 sigils. I got more points out of this bounty than any bounty event so far. I’m not really sure what you wanted, if it were much easier than it’s just “grind 1 battle for all the portals”.

Who wants the bounty captain to be effective in bounty? lmao.

3 Likes

Next week, boss slayer troop during tower kill event. No bug here lol

1 Like

This bounty event better not suck like the last one.

Slightly better. Only slightly. It’s Mist of Scales troops, so… think Mini-Raid. There are some easy Stages

Sometimes I wish Bounty didn’t use sigils at all. All it is is 3 days a month of “come post the highest score you can before we make you wait a month to go again” so why in Tartarus do we need sigils here too?

Just a thought from a pony.

(\ (^~^) /)

3 Likes

Without sigils, you can grind level 1 for “a long time” and reach the end.

With sigils, you’re going to have to either spend more than you get back, or do very well to reach the end.

The mode itself is not fun in my opinion, but the sigils have a very clear purpose when you think about the mechanics. What’s funny is we’ve always had sigils in the game: GW technically gives you 5 sigils daily. The only difference is you can’t buy more GW sigils with resources, which is a valid sticking point. But it definitely costs resources to be competitive in GW, nobody in the upper tiers is not buying sentinels.

you mean since gw was added xD game was around years before gws :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You can “Well, actually…” it, but you’re shooting the messenger instead of attacking the message. Was there widespread discontent and cries of “P2W” because players believed they should be able to fight each GW battle infinite times and keep their highest score?

awesome team,thanks for share. :bouquet:

I thought the last bounty event was the worst one ever.
This one started off fun and balanced. But the difficulty has scaled to ridiculous levels (most likely Rewards related). And honestly… I’m okay with the difficulty… But it combined with the present bugs. Equates to gems transforming into :poop:.

Bugs featured

• Loss of extra turn despite 4 or 5 gem matches
  • Extra turn gained by AI despite not making a 4 or 5 gem match

Poor Planning on the devs part

• Bounty troop doing Poison damage despite 90% of the bounty opponents being immune to it
  • Marilith getting up to 4 turns in a row from “destroying” gems. (Where you at combo breaker??)
  • At level 20 the Mist of Scales defense has great Synergy. You give your bounty troops zero synergy. Sorry gem spawners help the AI more than the players.

Overall bounty thoughts

• it’s like taking a random arena team and using it against Guild War defenses in Bracket 1.
  • If it’s frustrating for veteran players with 99% of troops at Mythic/fully traited. How many new players are you turning off from your game because you want these events to be the Dark Souls version of Match 3 games?
  • I assume you’re worried about making rewards too easy to get. And that’s a fair concern. But way more focus should be spent on retention of players. Less focus on making resources more restrictive to your present players.

Final thought
I… And at least a few others… Had no issue spending money at this time a year ago. Mainly because I never felt like I had to. It felt like I was donating money. I don’t see crazy difficulty as an attempt to make it more challenging for me as a player. But a way to cost me sigils in hopes that I’ll pay money for gems to get more sigils. Because of that (and other reasons best left unsaid at this time) the want to donate money is still there… But I can’t let myself, because then I’d feel more like an enabler than a supporter of the game.

(Wanted to post on this week’s bounty thread. It either doesn’t exist or I just couldn’t find it.)

13 Likes

Stick to battle 19, that battle 20 is a real joke!!! It shouldn’t even exist at all!

2 Likes

100%
I must have hit VIP 4 before hitting level 100. I’m all for supporting the devs and the game, but not if it’s to feed publisher greed.

3 Likes

Same here @AngryMidget

1 Like

Sorry but this bounty (naga) was actually the easiest so far

That ^^^^^

1 Like

That’s if they can even pay to play in these events in the first place lol

1 Like

Thank you for the team. Tier 6 easily got this done with sigils to spare. After 3 growth orbs i was nervous opening the last reward.

9 Likes