Bounties

Ps4. I went to tier 6. Accidentally chose fight one twice clicking to fast or i might have took a spot higher.

In the end I just don’t feel like a major orb’s worth the cost of tier 6. I get it for much cheaper 2 weeks out of the month from Raids/Invasions.

1 Like

Maybe not. But it was a fun bounty this week and definitely doable. Leaderboard pays back a little but too.

Easy with the “game genie” team sure.
Prior to it I was using a team on level 20 that lost one match until I got to Reward 18. After that the AI was getting crazy “lucky” and the 95% win rate plunged to 40%.

2 Likes

Man, just wait until you’re high enough level to play Raid Boss or Invasion, those are even harder for players with full level 20 teams!

Noticed that the next bounty is in 38 days 11 hours. (in-game) 5 weeks from now instead of 4. I wonder if Vault Event is going to be effected by this, or if its going to be pushed back in a similar way for some kind of 3.5 update event type?

2 Likes

We might be getting the new patch and possibly a new event by then.

1 Like

That’s… really strange. I think that indicates some kind of patch-based update. Maybe there’s a new event type that hasn’t been spoiled yet?

More than likely just guild wars going more often

My guess is a new event and you will be able to win the new currency to upgrade weapon and if you want more you need to use gems of course

5 Likes

I suggest tuning into the stream today as @Saltypatra previews 3.5. You may get your questions answered regarding events, Guild Wars frequency, and timing.

1 Like

That’s going to be tough. Sony’s E3 conference is airing at 6pm PST/9pm EST today.

I play on Xbox, but I can’t help but enjoy what other platforms have to offer. Fingers crossed on good Gems of War content though on today’s stream.

I hate to say that but i was right, class event will be copy and paste of raid boss

I mean you can buy tier with gems and team restrictions and you need sigils and there is also a leaderboard with power orb for finishing 1st

When 90% of the game is P2W it’s dangerous im worried about the future of the game

11 Likes

I’m all in favor of adding new events. Having more ways to play and giving the player variety is a good thing. The shop-tabbing Gem-sinkery of GoW needs to take a break, though.

With the addition of the Class event, 5/12 of the available in-game activities will be tied to a shop tab. I thought when the new events were announced for 3.4 there was some kind of statement from the devs that they were okay with adding “a few” P2W-esque events. Not almost half of the available activities.

8 Likes

what i want to know now that we have these gem sink holes are any more players buying crazy priced gem packs??
compared to what used to be?

There must be, or the devs wouldn’t keep pushing this business model…

4 Likes

I haven’t spent a Dime on this game and so far I have been able to afford tier 5 for every single event that took place and I have 2.9k gems right now.

Yes there is a lot of gems sink but I am always able to refill in time thus far.

Wait until the kingdom levels change in 3.5. I bet we see a change in tribute, too. That will change the economy drastically.

2 Likes

I wonder how much longer I’ll actually keep playing if all they do is add further gem sinks.
It’d be less irritating if there wasn’t a sense of unspoken pressure to do raid and invasion to help your guild out. Mine, thankfully, has no requirement to do so, but the pressure is still there.
As for weapon and Kingdom levelling, that’ll essentially force us to spend gems on tier shops or be left behind in terms of effectiveness when using a hero.
It stinks. It used to be that even if you didn’t spend money, that you could compete. Not anymore. I bought up to VIP 5, for free scouting and chest access, which I’ve been very happy with. Which at the time was me showing my love of the game and support for it.
We weren’t forced to buy things, but we had the option…

3 Likes

I bet you’re right, then they’ll come out and say we’re better off due to a flawed calculation which overestimates the value ingots/diamonds or whatever the dust-gathering next currency they come up with is.

2 Likes