Arena Worst Event Ever?

During the last Arena event, I did enough Arena runs to get all rewards twice (yes, two minor orbs, and I think they were a wisdom and a growth). This one, I did enough Arena runs to get the 3 gem keys, shards, and 2 event keys. I just couldn’t do anymore. I wasn’t having fun. The forced troop didn’t help.

5 Likes

This.

Want to show the devs that they made a giant mistake?

Stop participating in the mistake.

Every time you do a campaign or arena that you despise, you boost their numbers and reinforce them. Vote with your time and money, because that’s what they pay attention to.

14 Likes

While it’s not impossible, my guess is no. The event starts on Friday, the release date for the Ghost Queen is set to Saturday.

And I really hope not, she would be worse in the arena than the imp was. At least the imp dealt somewhat OK damage.

1 Like

Bingo. My sentiments exactly. Campaign arena task coincided with valour event. I did the task and got the 1st valour reward as a consequence. Did I continue the valour hunt? Of course not. I did the treasure map task and quit for the day; enjoying instead the division on game pass. Why do you folks continue to pursue stuff that you resent? Makes zero sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Reason I thought it was possible was because it’ll be a Halloween weekend event, so maybe they wanted to spice it up. Or they wanted to “build hype” for new troop we’re getting on Saturday by making it playable in Arena on Friday. Guess we’ll find out…

For a select few it is a genuine addiction; the FOMO is so strong that it would be really hard for some people to stop. Not trying to call anyone out; I hardly know people on this forum. For those people who are genuinely addicted and may not realize it… That’s really scary stuff, nothing to joke about. The extreme FOMO and need to stay on top of everything can destroy people mentally.

7 Likes

This actually ruined part of the novelty of having it as a pre-selected Legendary on my team, for me. I would have much preferred to face all the normal Arena opponents (without Spoopy Imp).

I thought this was a great idea. A couple of ideas for implementation:

• Given that he replaced the Rare in the draft, offer him as a glowing ‘4th’ pick next to the Rares when selecting Troops.

• Alternatively, after drafting 4 troops per usual, get given the option to replace any of them with Spooky.

• Bonus option – if we ever get to see/select from all 12 Troops at once, offer him as a 13th wildcard.

• Extra bonus – create a “reserve” slot for Arena with Spooky Imp in it. At any point throughout the run, you can swap him in or out with one of your other Troops.

• This is my favourite, actually.
3 Likes

It became 25% a mirror match and even more boring and tedious because of it.
Any positive was negated by including the troop on defense. 4 more days of it…yay…:pensive:

Similiar here - last time, did enough to get 60 Writs. This time just did my 3 runs on Monday and took gem keys and Shards. Wasn’t in a mood to play arena on Monday…

i got small blue orb from monday’s arena :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@NerdieBirdie, I had to google FOMO because I’m seriously old. Lol. Wanted to make sure it wasn’t me. Whew. It’s not me. I’m different crane of crazy (I’ll get to that.)

I don’t care about offers or missing those offers. I don’t even understand why anyone WOULD care. But I guess some people have their reasons, so :woman_shrugging:. I don’t care about the Arena event and it’s drippy rewards.

My crazy is this… I used to play arena regularly because I liked it. So now I continue and hate it while expecting to like it. Argh.

1 Like

With the arena weekend event coming in 12 hours, and all the above sentiments, I’m curious how many people are planning on skipping it entirely, doing the 5 runs/day to get the first orb (or 3/day to get the 60 writs), or how many people are going to dig in and try for 36+/day to get 3+ orbs.

I’m sticking to the 5/day.

Wasted efforts cause 99.99999 of the time you’ll get green orbs.

4 Likes

I will probably do 3 runs to get the 1,000 shards and leave it there, but only because it still feels like a new Event and I want to try it out. In future, I will probably do either 1 run or 0, unless there’s a fun pre-selected troop (probs 1-3 runs) or other changes are made, especially to rewards (fewer trophies, more relevant stuff).

1 Like

if nothing changes i’ll probably be in 3/day club… (ofc, i might get crappy team/op opponents team, that wont hit 5 wins and by that have higher total valor, but…i’m not counting those…)

I’m done after getting the 3 gem key’s, this is by far THE WORST EVENT they have ever done. Will never play more than just getting the key’s. I gave it a chance, and now I am confident this event is a NO for me. I have enough green orbs thank you lol.

3 Likes

The 3 day event is basically the same as the 1 day event except… its 3 days.

I don’t think I have it in me to do a 3rd loop. I’m only on the 1st loop and lacking the drive to play Arena already.

4 Likes

Wow, you made it farther than I did before losing the drive to participate in the event.

4 Likes

Surprising dedication. But that answers the question I was going to answer for myself on Sunday: whether they changed it so reward tiers reset after orb. Guess that’s a no. And as a non-VIP member, 3-4 hours per day of arena to get 2nd orb is not happening.

Did my 3 today and now I relax and go do something else.

Everyone hoping the 3 day event would be better or at least different in some way. Sorry everyone.

3 Likes