Arena sucks, lets make it an event

out of all the things that the game has to offer arena is the worst. treasure hunt is better. but why make it a 3 day event. i would rather nothing than arena.

4 Likes

A low pressure event, that you can participate in, but don’t really have to, and don’t miss out too much if you take time off. For this reason alone, it is likely the weekend, that I like the most.

Also Arena is the only remaining Pvp mode, that is still kind of fun to play.

4 Likes

I could be mis-remembering things, but I have a (vague) recollection that the very first weekend-long Arena Event put one of the Imps – I think the Red one – on everybody’s team as a guaranteed draw.

And, to me, that’s one of the things that’s missing from the current weekend-long Event paradigm. Pretty much every other Event outside of Vault weekends has a particular “flavor”. At least in terms of some consistency in what you’re facing and what you’re allowed to use. I don’t know that the developers would need to go so far as to mandate a particular troop on everybody’s team, but they could tailor the troop pool so that certain things are required or at least much more likely to show up. For example, this being Zhul’kari week maybe one of the four selection slots could be forced to only Zhul’kari offerings, that selection slot chosen at random. Or one of the selection slots being replaced by a choice of higher-rarity Zhul’kari troops. Something to differentiate it from ordinary Arena runs.

Because as it stands right now? There isn’t much of a difference between playing Arena the other 39 days of the six-week cycle and playing Arena this weekend. Sure, there are some prizes for accumulating a certain number of “points” by playing Arena over the weekend, but those prizes suck even more than most of the Event “rewards” do. (Outside of Journey week for those players in a guild that complete all the prize gates; those are Event rewards clearly worth the investment and effort.)

1 Like

Yes, there was a special troop. I think spooky imp maybe? And they said that would be a regular thing but that was another thing they didn’t do - much like not offering different medals for events when there are still only three types. othing creative has been done with those, either, even though they said they would.

1 Like

What I like about Arena - absolutely nothing! The “reward” for completing Arena is sad. Maybe if there were some orbs offered… Maybe there are at really high levels… Which no one ever gets to… And the “spend your gem” offerings… Despite what other people have found, I’ve never gotten on offer that was worth paying gems for.

On the other hand, having an Arena weekend allows me to save gems for use in events and to buy items. That’s the only use I can see for them.

I only remember that it was quite unpopular. It was dominating the fights, you had to go against it in every fight.