So I heard Arena was being changed

Whatcha doing to it?

Nerfing Arena gold in reaction to “exploits” that we may have been using for years? :laughing:

4 Likes

They have been frustratingly mum. I hope that means “we still don’t know” more than “we don’t want to tell you~”.

1 Like

Arena’s the one mode I still give a Gorbil’s poo penble about. If they ruin that mode too, I’m pretty much over this game.

They already “ruined” it by removing class XP earlier this year?

4 Likes

Arena is going to become a 100-team winner-take-all battle royale mode.

That brings back memories from another life, riding the lift in Warlords of Draenor. A brief life of glory, but a good life none the less. I fought in that Arena a lot more than I have in the GoW Arena.

Back when Daily Tasks were a thing, I’d swap out Arena before I’d swap out Treasure Maps. And I hate Treasure Maps. I could never remember which troops I selected, and would end up with 3 troops blocking each other’s mana.

1 Like

nerfing soul is more likely, maybe they’ll exchange them to few gems (sapphire, ruby, etc but not diamond), 1 or 2 writs…

#exploitedbyplayers

I’ll take jewels.

My guess is Explore is a hint. There are going to be difficulty levels, and rewards will scale based on difficulty.

There’s going to be a new currency you use for a new thing that both gates Kingdom Power and conveys a tiny stat boost. You’ll only get it from Arena, and you still won’t get class XP.

I don’t know how they’re going to resolve those things with the draft gameplay. Perhaps you’ll get to pick a new troop at the end of every match and it’s “play until 2 losses”. Maybe you’ll get to spend gems to revive a missing troop or something. It won’t be what this batch of players wanted, which is really just “please adjust the rewards a little”.

2 Likes

The Arena battles you do were not included in this list. Yeah, on an 8-0 or 8-1, you get more trophies per battle than doing 8 3-trophy PVP battles(30 vs 24), but what’s an extra up-to-8?