Are daily Warcoin offers random?

Warcoins represent a nasty change in the way GoW has always handled resources you could straight up purchase in the shop. In the past you could pay real $$$ if you wanted to but we always had the option to farm said resources. With warcoins it’s either pay real $$$ or get extremely lucky with rng.

Expect this trend to continue and intensify in future updates. I guarantee it folks.

7 Likes

Like mentioned earlier → one offer from Arena. lvl 1300+

never seen one …

Got Warcoins once as daily offer, first slot. None yet from Arena, after more than 100 Arena runs. You can get them from Arena, guild mate received two offers so far.

1 Like

From the Patch Notes:

Playing on Xbox, I haven’t seen one Adventure Board War Coin task and have not yet been offered a Daily Deal for them either.

@Saltypatra, When will mid to end-gamers see these ways to get War Coins without a $$ purchase?

It’s VERY frustrating to feel penalized from getting 6 team slots and the new banners because I’ve already completed all the quest lines and no longer qualify for the ‘new player’ calendar.

5 Likes

Level 1258 here: Just got an offer for War Coins in the VIP slot, although not useful for me since I’m VIP0. On the plus side, got two pet offers today so will call that a win.

1 Like

Level 1496 playing on Xbox1

Still 35 war coins, tried doing 3x Arena for a few weeks, but I cant be bothered anymore unless it’s a campaign thing. I’ll just wait it out…

That said , it’s sad to see this kind of changes to the game, I don’t care about team slots, but banners behind a paywall seems like bad design to me

1 Like

I’ve been lucky with Warcoins. I’ve bought two team slots and banners from freebies. Note the words slots and banners…(things we should really be getting for playing) Lvl 1660.

I got 1 offer in a daily for whatever it was, 3rd slot, one in 1st slot, and another in 1st slot, plus the giveaways.

I mostly had to endure Arena to get them. More or less zapped my will!

OTOH 2 Imperial Deed offers total since inception. I didnt take the first one - silly me !

1 Like

The company’s stance/handling on Warcoins feels eerily similar to the old weapons.
Like Sun & Moon, Bear Totem, Goblin Crusher, ect.
Devs: “Well, they were available for crafting at one point, you just missed it, so now they are cash only”
Players: “I did’nt even know this game even existed in 2016 when these weapons were craftable”
Devs: “Pay up”.

1 Like

Except, we middle/endgamers were all there present when they introduced War Coins, and they completely shut us off from this new content nonetheless (unless you pay).

2 Likes

Ok,so a stupid question:
Are warband coins only obtainable through purchase?
I noticed the other day that I have 35 coins,and I have no idea where I got them from.
(Accidentally pushed a deal while drunk…Not sure?)

35 were a part of Cristmas callendar or something like that

1 Like

Aaah ok.
Thanks.

Got my first warcoin offer today. At least I can confirm you can get them even at max possible kingdom stars and no pets needed (something I was suspecting was causing me not getting any offers)

Just bad luck with rng.

2 Likes

same here…

1 Like

Unfortunately if you want them now, yes, you will have to spend real money on them and buy them from the store.

The only other possible way to get them currently is to pray to the RNG Gods that 1 of your Daily Offers that you can spend gems on will be for War Coins.

I have yet to see a single deal for them yet. I’m appear to be incredibly unlucky when it comes to war coins.

1 Like

Don’t forget that they can also appear as Adventure Board rewards…

…or did devs also forget this too? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is extra fun for Switch players, since we only just got the update with warcoins today, so we don’t even get that 35.

2 Likes

now that’s sad thing…

@Saltypatra, maybe you should include some warcoins as part of Valentine’s day or something like that for Switch players?

1 Like

Got a second offer for Warcoins today — behind the VIP 6 Paywall, ofc :pensive:

3 Likes