4.6 Forced Update Incoming (And Explore Difficulty Fix)

The Android thing may have further dimensions.

On my alt, it’s now demanding I have a Google Play account, prompting me to create one every time I run the game (this has been happening since 4.6 dropped). I have no desire to create a Google Play account for this Gems of War account, as it’s only intended for testing.

Also, despite a reinstall, my proper account refuses to log in to my real Google Play account (on a differenct device from the above). It prompts me every single time I run the game now, but it refuses to remember and log in to the account I told it to use.

I get why they made this change. But I still doubt I’ll bother equipping anything other than three Cedric medals.

Well. 3 magic medals could be useful too (isnt that before medals we couldnt do nothing about status effects) but sadly am sitting on a pile of cedric and other useless medals while i got a wooping grand total of 1 nysha BADGE lol.

Not sure how anyone expected that to go un-nerfed. As i was watching Tacet’s video exclaiming that status effects, except stun, have been rendered useless, I knew then that it would be nerfed. No way the devs put in all those status effects and then hand us a way to make them almost useless. The video came off as an attempt to encourage everyone to use it to get the devs attention. I don’t have nearly as much experience with this game as Tacet, and i know well better than to share something game-breaking like that. Ever since The Dragon Soul got nerfed, because it was being overused, I keep my mouth shut about OP discoveries.

Glad it was nerfed. Guild Wars was about to be a s***show. Still think it should be 40% but limited to one copy of each medal equipped

2 Likes

Actually, that medal is flawed too, going by how stats so far have been valued it should only be handing out +2 magic instead of +4 magic. Probably nothing to worry about, I’m somewhat confident it will take at least a year until it gets ninja-fixed.

This game is broken. I suppose I’ll concentrate on Dauntless.

1 Like

First off, I should say that I don’t think a cleanse medal should exist (also, why name it after Cedric and not Orpheus or something?). I don’t think it was nerfed enough. The biggest problem now is that you can cleanse before you even take a turn. Let’s say I make a desperate attempt to entangle my opponent one turn and then they immediately cleanse on their turn. That makes my tactical play worthless. There’s a reason why there is an inherent 0% chance to cleanse on the first turn. All status effects need a chance to actually do something before they are cleansed. They need to make your opponent deal with it.

On top of the first turn cleanse chance, I think it shouldn’t be able to stack. 10% cleanse chance is still far more impactful than any stat medal and when you can stack it, you are highly encouraged to just use all 3 slots on one medal.

4 Likes

Given how rarely those tokens drop, I believe the stat gains are commensurate. I do not expect a change in Badge/Medal of Nysha.

2 Likes

Also now that Cedric medal is dead, the next thing to stack is 24 points of durability combining 3 medals of Yasmine and Gaard. 24 x 4= 98. Almost 100 durability more and if you happen to have 3 Nysha medals thats 12 magic. It kinda balances.

Wow, that massive of a nerf, and nary a peep from the dev staff, even in an update announcement? It would’ve been nice to at least acknowledge what happened.

1 Like

Do we know for sure if cedric is stackable? I’ve moved to 3 now and it doesn’t go off that much.

1 Like

If you equip 3 Cedric medals you have 3 separate chances for it to trigger.

5 Likes

4**

3 extra from the natural 1.

6 Likes