4.6 Forced Update Incoming (And Explore Difficulty Fix)

Quite a few weapons aren’t in inventory any more after this forced update, like Doomed Glaive.

Weapons and pets are also showing very weird numbers.

1 Like

Same as classes. about 7 classes missing I believe.

Maybe they were trying to rebalance the whole game :wink:? They forgot to remove all the Empowered troops though.

@noob ahh, i see the difference.
Both % are actually correct.
My calculation is BY second turn (so theres a 4% chance of failure)
The % in the table is each individual turn. If you have status on turn 2, chance of cleanse is equal to value in table. However, chance to STILL have status by turn 2 is 4%, because you include turn 1.
. (Im also thought natural cleanse turn 1 is automatically 10% not 0%)

TL;DR my % values includes previous turns, the table looks at each turn separately

1 Like

Something in the update files that got pushed to clients simply rendered invisible everything relased since red tower of doom (doomed xbow).
All classes, weapons, factions, pets, troops (?), banners, etc got marked as invisible, and are gpne from client’s assets. But they’re still existing as they should server side.

You finally noticed Tacet? Congratz love ya

I was hoping the nerf adjustment was just to the drop rate of cedric tokens but his looks more like the devs team i have grown to know and love…release patch and then we play test until a snap over reaction is made but never 100% properly addressed with explaination. Can we at least get a proper “what was intended” vs “happening” scenario?

I would much rather see Cedric medal down to a Gems of War 25% which would be equal to 90%…

Pretty sure they intended the cleanse to not stack, so that a 40% would have been the max percent. Similar to how the 20% mana start doesn’t stack with itself nor other mana starts.

However, it was known even during the beta that it stacked, with devs even mentioning so, and they didn’t change the percents then.

3 Likes

I really have to sideeye the “bug” claim. Right there on the preview stream a dev explains the Cedric medal/badge. The numbers were already known.

I’m disappointed but not surprised that the calls for a nerf yet again end with the devs swinging the power pendulum too far in the other direction.

4 Likes

The problem with your math is if you do not cleanse turn 2 there will not be a turn 3. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why would you hope for a nerf to the drop rate? That’d make it even harder to medal upgrade troops.

Truth. Although 4% chance to lose (due to no cleanse with medals)is better than 72% (no cleanse with just natural cleanse) :stuck_out_tongue:

With the drastic change to Cedric, will it be monitored for awhile to see if further adjustments are needed?? As with all knee jerk reaction changes, there is a chance it was over done, and while I personally think ~15% at the high end is the sweet spot, 10% may be fine as well, but with monitoring it can be changed later.

For those that thought it was never going to change, then you were honestly dreaming. As soon as it was released people were saying it was too powerful and needed to be changed as it was breaking the game, and like all other times this has happened, it gets fixed relatively fast.

2 Likes

I knew a change was coming. As soon as something is released that benefits the player more than they expected, it gets nerfed into oblivion as fast as possible.

They don’t seem to have the same energy for fixing actual bugs that hinder players that linger for multiple updates.

13 Likes

No idea why there is this much outrage over a nerf that needed to occur. While I enjoyed the triple Cedric medals before, it needed this adjustment. It’s an ultra rare medal and the most common token(token drops need a massive rebalance as well!), so it made no sense to be an almost 100% cleanse chance with 3. I’ll admit the nerf may have gone far the other way, but compared to the other medals it is now more in line with their boosts.

My belief is medals were never meant to be a dominant factor in any game mode. They were going to be used as slight boosts to both global stats and troops when attached. You can see this in the potential stat boosts to troops, it’s really not significant to a majority of them.

People are always complain on here no matter what, so it shouldn’t be that shocking that an obvious OP mechanic getting nerfed will make players upset. This nerf is good for the overall game, and let’s not forget its still better than 0% cleanse chance. It’s like everyone immediately forgets pre 4.6.

The other argument about pvp is also ridiculous. I’m in the 1200’s for level and with careful pvp match selecting I have no issues climbing the board or having a solid win rate. The pvp point system fixed a lot of those issues and the Cedric medal only made it easier, and while it’s not CRAZY easy like this weekend, it’s still a chance to cleanse you didn’t get before making t3 matches more enticing.

Just a reminder devs, reset that clock again, it’s been 0 days since AWR’s last complaint.

3 Likes

Summary:

1. The devs have a group of beta testers that should’ve (and probably did) notice how stupid this was and suggested tweaks. But the devs don’t use the beta testers for advice, they use them as a group of people to gesticulate at and say “We do testing!”. It’s possible the devs didn’t even let the beta testers try medals out. Even if they did, they don’t give beta testers stuff so if nobody grinded out a full set and played a buttload of PvP they didn’t get a feel for what the game was like with this in the wild.
  2. The devs don’t play their own game for more than an hour per week.
  3. People are getting pretty damn tired of every update breaking more things than it fixes.
12 Likes

I’m pretty sure there were equal complaints about both drop rate and effect of Cedric tokens etc
So they lower the effect, now we can still get more useless Cedric tokens 70% of the time

This is like the weapon affixes all over again
Make two mistakes, fix the one that isn’t so bad, enhancing the effect of the mistake that’s worse
Maybe u should work for government :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Seeing this reminds me of this old quote
“I’ve got some good news and some bad news…the bad news is all we have to eat is horse shit…good news is there’s tons of it”

3 Likes

What do you call a player that login once a week to collect tasks rewards :thinking: that’s me for the last month or so.
And the feeling is mutual with the rest of the community that the game is going to hit the rock bottom soon or later. Signs are being ignored and still a lot of ignorance by the Devs.
I am still here in forum just to witness GOWs downfall :mask: so I can rub it all over your faces that we told you so :ok_hand:

2 Likes