4.1 Patch Notes

Quite thankfully, Delve troops tend to have very little kingdom and guild bonuses.

3 Likes

Great comment @Eika, I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Quite funny that every patch, devs add a new ressource that we will get a very little amount by week.

I still hope that Doomed weapons are not mono-color (even if on Taran’s website they are…).

2 Likes

In the 4.1 preview stream the doom weapon and doom troop were both mono color

1 Like

Doom troops can be seen in unowned with the filter.

The answer to your confusion m8 is that in ranked PvP kingdom and guild bonuses apply where they do not in delves. This could easily explain the discrepancy you are seeing. Cheers

Doom troops seem to be mono colored (And probably 30 of that arcane like everything else) but with so many gnomes available now, can we, like others say, get a Guaranteed Gnome drop for each vault key used? It’s only going to get worse the more gnomes added.

1 Like

It will never happen they want you to use your blue orbs

3 Likes

So, storytime. After breaking my foot, I was unable to sit in front of the computer at all and not being able to play GoW actually felt… good. Because in the end, even with me only doing dungeons, delves and the delve-level-20 -event-thing, it felt like a chore. The event day in delves often had me do this for three hours.
Then I found people posting about the Dragon Eye thing and that made delves doable and I even managed to get Hall of Guardians to 190 (at which point I started losing because me not playing = me no gold for hoard).

Now the delve event is useless - which saves me time by not doing it - but without DE, I would be back to spending an hour ingame every day with level 20 Crypt Delve, clearing all rooms. And I definitely don’t wanna do it again. I just did one and it just felt like a chore. And it also feels useless. Other people have level 500 delves and leveled their stats, meaning I’m also falling behind immensely by not being able to gather renown.

Which means… I suppose… it’s quitting time? I really wanted to hold out for the bunny faction, but given that I feel like this game has gotten to be a chore, that’s just…bad. I remember when I started the game over a year ago and I really felt like this was a game I could play whenever because there was no daily stuff except for dungeons (and GW, for those into that kind of thing) and that was okay. 10 minute dailies were okay and they were also optional (you could always get mythics from chests, after all).

Now we’re at the point that if you don’t do a specific part of the game (delves), you will fall behind in every other aspect in the game. And delves are time-consuming as heck. Everything else, like traitstones, you can earn in multiple ways. Like, you can get them from TH (for minigame fans), from explore, from PVP-glory-shop… you could decide if, how much and how you want to play. Same with gold, really. But with delves gating neccessary content (the stat upgrades/troops/ingots) behind a daily feature taking a LOT of time, this is the point where this absolutely stops being fun at all.

Through all the times I tried to fully quit (UI update, lore crap), I always kept playing because I had gotten so far in the game and because I actually enjoyed the gameplay. But because of me being basically forced now to play daily for an hour to get anywhere, I really don’t wanna play at all anymore. Huh.
I am able to sit at the computer for a bit again these days, my foot is getting better… but the reason I haven’t posted much is… because I just have not played. There are so many other games I have played, however, because they are not-chores and fun. I have nothing really to contribute here anymore, I guess. I don’t know. It’s sad, but the only reason I’m still doing stuff in the game at all at this point is because I have darn OCD and it causes me issues whenever I want to change a daily routine. And if an illness is all that keeps you playing… yeah.
I think, however, with delves now being undoable for me, this might be it. (Also yes, I read about the new teams that are supposed to work, but they all seem to require Dawnbringer and guess what I don’t have?)
Well then.
Guess the direction the game is going really isn’t one for me anymore.

7 Likes

Take care!

4 Likes

Apparently my guild had the eye pod faction pet show up as a regular pet gnome pet. Sorry to be the spoilsport, but I don’t like my previous hard work reaching Lv.500 being marginalized by a programming oversight. Those that didn’t put in any work (most) suddenly have the end prize dropped in their laps. Just like when Zuul’goth was craftable with diamonds. I can identify two people that have set eye pod as active when they told me they were not close. This needs to be fixed.

Edit: And now Tiny Dancer, another faction pet, has appeared from a pet gnome.

1 Like

Sheba,

I really don’t think that the rewards from renown are all that important. Once you have all kingdoms at (gold) level 10 and power level 5, your stat bonuses are high enough that a few more points aren’t very important. Especially since most renown bonuses are life and armor.

Of course updates in the future might make delves more important, but for now I feel we could get away with doing them part time for enough ingots to upgrade the best weapons.

I tried Timeknight’s maw team with dawnbringer today, and dawnbringer really did help survivability. Not having it will reduce your options, but there’s probably some teams without it that will work. If you have the weaver, it offers some defense for example.

But I don’t want to discourage you from quitting if it isn’t fun anymore. This is the first F2P game I’ve played, and will probably be my last. It’s hard to put my finger on it exactly, but I think something about F2P pits players and devs against each other. With a traditional game, players want a fun game and devs probably want players to have fun. With F2P, maybe devs/publishers want players to be addicted, and play every day fun or not. It almost seems that frustration is added to the game intentionally, maybe to feed the addiction somehow?

I find the tribute system truly toxic, and when I quit that will probably be my reason. The best way to gain resources to progress in the game is to click on it once per hour all day, whether you are playing or not. That’s not something you would find in a traditional game that you pay for up front.

Anyway, hoping you make the right choice for you. In case we don’t see you again: I enjoyed your delve adventure stories, you have a talent. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wish that would be the case, but I have found myself struggling in GW more than usual after delves started. It might also be because people just have upgraded weapons now, but I could swear the stats got higher. Maybe people also have kingdoms higher than me, of course, but I’m at 8-12 stars for almost all of them except those where it’s still impossible to get higher (let’s pretend my 3-star SoM doesn’t exist).

The thing is that I like delves, but they take so much time and now they’re impossible to upgrade past…I dunno, I never managed to get past level 100 HoG without Dragon Eye.
Given the time they take, I would very much like it if they would work like treasure maps - you would get three daily with no way to get more (outside of the event), but you could save them indefinitely until you feel like you have time and fun doing them. Kinda like treasure maps. You’d have to log in daily to collect them (like the daily rewards), but then wouldn’t have to do them, so that it’s less a chore/job and more something you can choose to play whenever you want.
I feel that that’s actually all the change delves need (besides, you know, being doable at high levels).

I have Weaver, but I don’t really understand how any delve is doable… I have my hoards at level 95-100. I did HoG with Gorgotha, Infernus, Worldbreaker and Dragon Eye so far and even Gorgotha’s massive reduction of skull damage got him killed in three skull-hits at level 190. Even without using exploders, skulls from the sky always murdered him and he’s basically the to-go-to troops when it comes to damage reduction. I really don’t think anyone else can offer this. :confused:

I agree with that. The thing is that it doesn’t seem to work for me? The game mode that I love is explore. But now, explore is kinda useless since, well, without doing delves, I’m not getting the troops to use all the traitstones I get from explore on. I also don’t get ingots from explore. So basically, if I don’t do delves first - which take me an hour, thanks to vision impairments - there’s not even a use in doing explore. So to do the fun part of the game (or have any reason to do it), I need to do a LONG chore part.
And that’s not good. There were times I played this game 6+ hours a day and loved it because by not forcing me to play, I played more. People are happier if they do things because they want to, not because they have to. And the more dailies you saddle a player with, the more chore it becomes.

I always found the amount of time that raid/invasion takes obnoxious (and stressful; explore is so much fun because it’s easy and I always played this game for relaxing, not stressing myself…none of the new game modes really offers that, though). But orbs were something optional, just a bunch of shortcuts. So while they were dailies, I simply didn’t do them and didn’t lose out and could still enjoy the game. Pets forced people to check back more often, but again, their bonuses are so small that it’s okay to live without them.

I feel like you’re not exactly spot-on - you cannot really do them part-time because there’s no ingot part-time. You need to upgrade more than the best weapons; you need to upgrade a crapload of weapons or your kingdom stars are basically stuck since you need to upgrade weapons for those. Also you need to mythic all your delve troops to get the “Level X troops to level 20”-requirements - getting Sword’s Edge to 12 stars was really bad in that regard since i needed to mythic all of them.

Thank you so much!:blush: I still have the notes for that last story, but given how much delves have progressed by now, I am not sure if even typing it out (especially since I forgot a lot of what happened back then already) would make sense. It would also be the last delve adventure anyway, given how afterwards I just ran Level 20 Crypt over and over and over with the same team and not much happened anymore.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with “delve stats”.
I’m at 7500 Renown. Once I get to 8k I get a whopping +1 to armor.

Most likely, you’re just facing harder opponents in guild wars.

4 Likes

Chin up luv, today I decided to quit the game as well. I’m sure the community could do with more bunny pics. Cheers

2 Likes

The direction of the game have been at jeopardy because of a single reason with too many ramifications: The developers don’t play their own game.

What i mean by this is that the developers keep pushing changes who can bring huge impacts to our experience because they simply don’t play the game like any dedicated veteran does.

Thanks to that they apparently are less concerned with the game’s integrity/functionality when bugs appears every now and then, they have a slow reactive stance to such matters instead of a pro-active and preventive posture…

That is not to say they really don’t care!!! No, but to them it’s simply too easy to tell us(for example): “Don’t play too fast in order to not miss extra turns.” while we wait for the next patch where such bug will be corrected… They are not concerned with a daily routine of playing the game and fulfilling guild/personal progress requirements on a day to day basis, so their reactions will surely feel dismissive to us…

Having extra activities is a good thing, but put too much of these and players will try to do everything everyday because the game have a huge number of troops already and missing a single day of activities, due to bugs or IRL responsabilities, is a missed opportunity to make progress and this leads to burnout. This is also true even for veterans with huge loads of Glory/Gems simply because the RNG behind the chests can deny a new Mythic in VIP Chests even after using 10K or more gems… So even an Endgamer fears the possibility of using all his resources for nothing…

15 Likes

A couple times I’ve fought people using less common weapons fully upgraded, but overall I don’t think delves have made GW much harder.

We may have a bit of a different perspective. I’ve been playing for fewer months than you, though a lot of hours per week. Also I mostly enjoy the harder parts of the game.

After 10 stars, I don’t plan to work hard to power up kingdoms anymore. Except maybe my home kingdom.

The bonus for extra stars past 10 just isn’t that large.

Doing delves today at level 310-330 without dragon’s eye was really jarring. After being used to doing all rooms without much risk of death, I only did three rooms per delve, nearly losing once and actually losing the last delve. But I’m readjusting, which is easier since I’m less about relaxing and more for the challenge.

1 Like

I’d love to just post a bunny picture or two in randomly picked threads a day, but I bet that’s off-topic and gets me into trouble. Even though it really shouldn’t since it’s bunnies!

I agree with all you say, though I should likely also add that I feel like the devs can’t decide what to do with their own game. I’m pretty sure a lot of the publishers are pushing them to add new stuff again and again and in the end, that new stuff piles up on us gamers into a million daily chores.

Though I feel like the forum also is… not helping. This whole “Soon ™” matter exists because the most hardcore gamers here are calling for faster and sooner and more updates again and again. The fact that this was, a year ago, a game for casual gamers, has long been forgotten - I feel to cater to the needs of hardcore gamers. I am not sure how much choice the devs had in that matter, but I have, so far, quit every game that needed to be played like a job and that’s what this evolved into as well. Force me to play to do good and I play less. The part of life that should be about doing chores you hate doing is your job (and maybe the household chores), not your free time. Or at least that’s my mentality.

THIS. This is what happened to me. Delves gave me burnout. It’s as simple as that and that’s why I cannot enjoy the other aspects of the game anymore, either, because in the end, the gameplay is the same - sometimes more difficult, sometimes less so. But in the end, burnout just makes you want to stop.

I’m apparently at 988,4 hours on record (says steam), though over 700 of those were done from September last year to this year Feburary/March when all went to hell. And I do feel like the weapon upgrades AND the hero change did a lot to make GW harder. Maybe it’s in fact just the hero trees? I only use the hero for the Dragon Eye thing in Delve, meaning now not anymore at all, so I haven’t upgraded any of that stuff, but I heard some of that is pretty decent and helps in battle. I see, in fact, a lot more heros in GW now and am likely the only person not using the hero at all…

May I ask what your hoard level is? I don’t have gold to raise mine over 100…lol. 310 seems suuuuuper out of reach, given how my troops get two-shot constantly. But yeah, we seem to have different ideas of what we want out of a game. I think the change to delve events is partially good, but partially horrible… it is good for those who want the challenge and who want to use it to get further into the delve levels without the 3-per-day restriction. So I am okay with the point change in itself. But changing the reward points needed is just…bad. I liked having an event that was actually worth spending time on, now it’s not. Now the game is not for “relaxed”/casuals anymore, but only for those wanting to push on. Which is sad because it was the only event that catered to casual players… :confused:

2 Likes

I’m trying to complete all troops. Now the 6 new Doom troops will appear one per 4 weeks. So the final one is obtainable in ~25 weeks from now. It’s impossible to “complete the game” before that. And keeping up with all the upcoming troops from every directions is quite sick. I did a lot of work to gain Zuul-Goth. It was not really that hard to win the events on PS4, but the time needed, damn! I had to plan my week schedules so that I can play on thursday’s for 12 hours straight, and after that got up from bed to check if I was still leading every 2 hours. And I repeated that 3 times to get 3 orb of powers for LB wins for Zuul. This game is really serving some carrots in a looooooong stick. The stick is also like that when you sometimes think that you see the end of it, it just extends more.

Sometimes I think I need something like this in my life to keep me sane and not jumping from wall to wall, sometimes I just think that no one should use this amount of time to something like this. There are some other games as well as this one where I just wish that the updates would stop so that one could complete them. I left some previous games before just hoping they wouldn’t be updated some day and I could go back and complete them. I really enjoy completing and collecting stuff. But just like my record collection, I will never complete GoW.

And I will keep on playing. Less than ten tributes tomorrow will be a failure. Good night.

7 Likes

Just saw that in the corner of my eye. I don’t care for faster or sooner or more updates, but if they’re going to announce something, I’d prefer some kind of ballpark time frame + either a sorry but we have to delay it or a successful release rather than some super ambiguously annoying “Soon ™” that has 0 meaning other than to frustrate people.

When will I quit this game? “Soon ™” Doesn’t really say anything.

2 Likes