2.0 is Driving Me Stark Raving Mab

Someone has to tell Karl his brother has been nerfed.

3 Likes

If you compare Mab with War, her effect is way out of proportion to her mana cost.

EDIT: But then again, War is just ā€¦ bad.

1 Like

I tried something similar but with Adana Banner and Carnex, Naga, Queen Mab, Valkyrie. For me, my Carnex lacks the final trait and Naga Queen is starring in Traitless in Seattle. I wonder if yours is more effective?

I have tested using (Valkyrie,Marilith,Queen Mab,Giant Spider) to pretty good effect so far. My current standard team is (Valkyrie,Giant Spider,Hero-Sorcerer Class-cresendo,Psion).

1 Like

Itā€™s really fast and dealy, fully traited Gorgotha is so tanky that you can completely ignore skulls, leaving them to AI who will always prefer matching skulls than using spells, leaving itā€™s troops as easy prey for Mab !

Also my build allows Naga Queen to fill Valkyrie without any other red collecter in the way.

You might consider trying my build with fully traited Golem instead of Gorgotha. Iā€™m actually considering it too, as Gorgotha gets in the way of Valkyrieā€™s yellows ! But his spell has also proven usefull and Calcinate Skin really turns skull spawners to toys, tough choice :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m confused about the queen. What it uses magic for? Text suggests mana burn is = the current mana and the 10 reads as fix 10. While it has magic value and even trait that bumps it.

1 Like

Magic boosts her damage, 1:1, for each target.

1 Like

You mean every troop gets [mana + magic] damage? That sounds cool indeed.

1 Like

I can see that! I think against a skull deck, you canā€™t really go wrong with Gorgy at the helm. Itā€™s just so damn fun to finally use Jarl without fear of endless cascades if his chain breaks :slight_smile: Plus he hits hard in the tank spot.

2 Likes

Yep, and she gets a free turn if there are 10 blue gems on the board. Sheā€™s very well-designed, if you ask me.

3 Likes

I love the card in its design and especially itā€™s artworkā€¦ managed to just surpass Mercy for me as the nicest looking one. Now if only I can pull it.

1 Like

I donā€™t get thisā€¦ Iā€™m currently rank 8000+, I whup Tacet who is rank 17, along with his wuss Mab team, and I get 30 points. My level 141 phone alt beats up on some wimp low-level gobbos and gets 51 points. Whatā€™s up with that? If Mab is supposed to be such hot stuff, where did my reward go?

High-level players get lower PvP rewards than low-level ones for the same match-ups.

Whatā€™s up with the judgmental adjectives, btw?

3 Likes

What, did you think this game was called Gems of Peace?

Clearly this guy is one of those ā€œoverly competitiveā€ ones.

2 Likes

Intimidation can be a useful weapon in a gamerā€™s arsenal. Sometimes when I click my mouse, I can see the gems themselves quivering in fear.

Oh, I think Iā€™m in the wrong forum.

14 Likes

War became a troop, here is hoping we get a troop called peace.

2 Likes

They have admitted that Goblin is significantly over the power curve, and the only reason it hasnā€™t been adjusted is that high level players tend not to play it. It basically comes down to if high level players tend not to play Goblin, so itā€™s being left alone for now.

1 Like

They work well with Venoxia, but youā€™ll find you start thinking about the Venoxia->Giant Spider loop, and suddenly Soothsayer starts dropping aside, because you want to use the loop to power the Arcane Troop.

Soothsayer + Sunweaver is pretty nice for powering an arcane troop and a mana converter. Like Sunweaver, Alchemist, Soothsayer, Ice Witch.

1 Like