1.0.9 Preview Part 1 – Hero Classes

oops misread something :wink: don’t mind.

cant wait for the update!

This is why I am still playing this game since it came out on Steam. I love how they are evolving the game and puzzle RPG’s are one of myy favorite game types. I hope they have a mass disenchant for extra troops. I like what I’ve seen so far and can’t wait for more. So this means the update should occur around the middle of the month.

1 Like

They forgot all the flare though. :wink:

I wish this would happen. It really needs to be about 250 souls. 12 Glory keys give more souls than the current 100 soul guild task.

My main concern with this update is the balance of PvP farming. I’m pretty sure whatever hero class is focused on blue mana is going to be extremely abundant due to Hero + Valkyrie.

1 Like

:disappointed:

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to start trying things out!

Yes! Tacet’s kingdom level bars are a thing! They’re great… That’s why we love you guys in the forums… So many good suggestions!

Couple of other quick answers:

• yes, dual coloured weapons will work
  • we implemented the timer for changing class because we want you to BE a class for a while, not feel like you must change 10 times a day, which promotes a bad pattern of play
  • hero class does not apply in the arena… Unfortunately it just dominates the entire game if we allow it (sorry arena folks), but I think the wins still count towards the weapon unlock
  • weapon nerfs will be in the patch notes. There will be some… As you guessed, gem-spam weapons need to be adjusted
  • how many preview videos? At least one more!
9 Likes

I sort of feel like heroes’ level-ups should cost as much as troops and scale similarly. This means there is incentive to try out other classes when they roll around, and to actually level them to see what they can do - and to not regret putting points into a class we decide to abandon. ALSO incentive to level up heroes rather than troops.

Of course this all pertains to the mindset and economy of newbie players, which doesn’t totally fit since the class unlocks are distributed throughout the kingdoms…

Obviously veterans are going to just go ‘oh 5k souls, done, lvl20 now - what does this do?’.

OR I could be totally wrong about all this.

1 Like

@Sirrian, where you able to put in an auto ascend auto Disenchant feature?

1 Like

Brilliant work guys & gals. I look forward to welcoming our Hero back into our line-ups and having Legendary characters, well, Legendary once more.

Hero’s classes seem cool ;-).
But I really don’t understand why we have to pay for changing class… If I use a yellow class and I change my team, I will maybe need to change also my Hero’s class. But I won’t because I’m not going to pay 50 gems for that. So I will wait 5 days to test this other team. At least, please change for a gold (5k) payment.
It’s like making pay us to change the troops of one team for the sake of “BE” in the team.

Few questions:

1. did we need to have the Hero in the team to decrease the “X number of fights” required for perks and the weapon?
  2. are you going to increase the traitstone cost of the third trait of Legendary troops which will become a legendary trait?

@Machiknight,@DonBoba: I’m waiting for devs’ agreement. Without it, I will not release the “kraken” :stuck_out_tongue: . cough cough Else, PM me cough cough.
EDIT: nothing about Soul farming… Just the possibility to know the remaining soul necessary to level up all your troops.

1. No the hero doesn’t actually need to be in the team… just having the class selected is sufficient
  2. There will be NO increase on traitstone cost for a legendary troop’s 3rd trait
2 Likes

I’m a little disappointed by this. I don’t think you should get the good perks unless you actually use the class in battle, not just fight 50 battles with whatever team you like and switch classes every 5 days until you’ve unlocked all the classes.

4 Likes

I think it is fine as is. The problem with making the hero be mandatory in a team to level it causes the problems of selective builds. Many builds may not be able to function properly with a hero, especially a hero that is a low level and still has abysmal stats. Not everyone is going to be able to dump the 5k souls or traitstones to max a hero instantly, let alone 7+ times.

1 Like

We figured it was consistent with giving the hero XP even if he’s not in the team.

I suppose it is, but the difference is that the main hero level drives masteries, weapon access, PvP reward and PvP matchmaking, whereas class level only drives extra bonuses while using that class.

If you never gain a hero level, you’re going to be at a big disadvantage to other players, but if you never gain a perk in a class you’ve never used, no problem.

@tacet, I disagree that it will necessarily reduce diversity - surely players having to use heroes of various classes will encourage diversity and varied team building?

In terms of our personal experience as players, the only diversity that really matters is defence teams, and unless the new hero classes become the new AI champion meta, they won’t change defence team diversity much regardless of whether classes level with or without the hero in the team.

1 Like

Actually, the enforced one-class-at-a-time for 5 days rule may have some impact on defence teams.

For example, even after the initial period where everyone switches every 5 days to level up all the classes, if the best AI defence hero class is different to the best PvP or challenge farming hero class then this is a key player decision to make.

The problem is the low stats of heros. Based on what is seen so far from the preview, a level 1 hero still has the same stats as a hero now. A hero now has horrific stats. For a newer player to level their hero to just level 5 would cost 1,250. Many people around level 100-300 will probably have it the worse. Hero would be too weak initially to use compared to their currently established builds. They need the hero leveling from any build so they can buff hero without using hero. By the time they get 25 wins and some more souls on it, then they can start using the hero, but leveling should still occur regardless of it being in team.

I completely disagree. I can understand where you are coming from with this, really I can, but think it’s an unnecessary hurdle. In any case, think about like this:

The hero is not always on the front lines, many times he is the one dictating the flow of the battles. He is the general leading his troops. Thus he gains experience just by being there in addition to fighting.

Perhaps giving a bonus of some sort to actually having the hero on the team, like maybe if the hero is there it takes 50 fights, if he is leading (not in the party) it takes 75 fights or something. That seems like another annoying thing to keep track of though.

The hero levelling (and I agree they probably won’t be that great until class level 5+) is just souls, not wins.

Wins only determine extra perks and the special weapon.

So under my proposal, every player would level up their hero with souls (however long that took), then start playing with the base class at level 5+ stats and eventually access the perks after actually using it in some battles.

Under the current 1.0.9, every player would level up their hero with souls and grind out the victories with their current farm team, and only maybe start using the hero once they had all the perks, possibly ignoring some of them completely.

I think my way encourages more hero use, more use of early perks and more diversity of team building. I can see why you and others are arguing for the “grind out battles any way you like” method, but that’s not my preference.

Assuming my arguments don’t change the devs’ minds, you’ll get your way and I’ll try to resist the easy grind for the interesting hero use to get my class perks. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

How do you unlock a Hero Class?
Do you have to complete a Kingdom’s storyline first before starting the Hero Class storyline?
Or is there a Level Pre-req?