1.0.9 Preview Part 1 – Hero Classes

I wish I could sell you mine, they’re useless. :frowning:

2 Likes

is the guild award for souls going up as well?

2 Likes

Maybe one of the new hero class weapons will get a +soul / use effect :slight_smile:

It doesn’t really matter if this happens if the cap is not raised.

1 Like

Awesome.

I like everything mentionned in this first preview :
The new class system
Giving a kingdom to the hero (and possibly a type depending on perks choice)
Piking perks
Unlocking traits on hero
And last but not least, unlocking mythic weapons for the hero !

The only thing that I kinda don’t like to see is that “wait a lot of time before being able to change class”, this is actually kinda problematic, and means that I can’t have my hero playing a certain class for PvP and another class for defenses, right? That’s kinda against a lot of changes there’s been through out the past patches :confused:

Also, I have a few things I would like to see clarified :

• You said in the video that the delay between free class changes is 5 days, it’s 6 days in the video.
  • Does the spell bonus also apply to multi color weapons? (like warrior’s red bonus to staff of madness)
  • Can we get a list of weapon nerfs? I’m pretty sure eternal flame CAN’T stay the way it is with a +4 yellow magic bonus
  • I won’t ask for a list of the new legendary traits, I’ll just wait & see, I don’t want any spoilers here !
  • Last but, again, not least, how many preview videos will there be?

Shouldn’t the Mythic Weapon be in the Light Blue frame?
In the video it is still using the old Legendary orange frame.

1 Like

Really Really Really hoping this is added.

You need to save at least 250 of each Mythic in order to ascend to Ultra-Mythic, which should be introduced in version 2.2.

1 Like

I was thinking the next class would be “Celestial”, but you may very well be right.

@Sirrian

I don’t know if Sirrian had to take action to turn on the option, but:

With the Video, Click the "Watch on Youtube option. Then click your settings cog at the bottom, then Subtitles, and allow Youtube to Automatically generate English Subtitles.

There is also an auto-translate option, but I do not speak any other languages well enough to know if that is a useful option.

It looks like you can change your class anytime for gems.

The frame change’s with the Hero’s rank.
Here QA Cat is above lvl 100 and below lvl 500, so she is a legendary hero.
Only the color of the background behind the weapon changes with the weapon’s own rarity.

1 Like

I think @Zelarith was making the point that having any kind of timer and rush mechanic runs counter to the changes they’ve made since 1.0.8.

I’m guessing there’s a reason, but on the surface it seems like a regression.

So the hero also gets extra bonus from kingdom levels. I assume this means any kingdom level we already have will directly be applied after the update?

Yey, 1.0.9 is actually coming!

And yey++, unless the video is a fake you implemented Tacet’s kingdom level bars!

5 Likes

So the only way to increase souls is through grinding over and over in the arena? Not to sound negative, but I fear that will take a long time to build troops up with if it is anywhere near what it was before. I used to get 800 souls in the arena, and that still doesn’t sound like one could advance very quickly at all, just very small micro-movements that would feel very grinding to me. I sure hope not, sigh.

Everything else sounds awesome and can hardly wait! Thanks for the update, it helps in getting ready for it.

Arena is great for people that like the randomness of Arena. You can sit down and nearly every game is different which is fun. But your troop progress has 0 impact on your arena ability. All the time spent acquiring all the troops, the effort in getting them traited, the progress made in leveling them up, the endless keys spent to get them to mystic… adds up to 0 impact on arena.

It would seem weird to me if the best way to acquire the resource needed to advance your troops is to not use the troops you’ve used the resources to advance.

5 Likes

Anyone. Notice the new kingdoms name…
Drifing Sands
:smile:

1 Like

How did you get this number of souls? :slight_smile: I’m all into milestones, and knowing the number of souls that I need would be really fun for me :slightly_smiling:

It’s a secret! I’m not sure if my source is ready to reveal this yet, but as soon as he is you’ll know!