1.0.8: need troops +1 to sacrifice? UPDATE: yes!

That tip is guilty of making us all mass disenchant. It wore us down until we gave in.

1 Like

I never trusted that tip.
Expected some sort of crafting to come in eventually, so been stockpiling my epics and legendaries. Only disenchanted a few epics when not paying attention.

1 Like

I wonder if the devs have a history of what all we’ve disenchanted and if we could somehow exchange something to get them back :wink: I would gladly give up souls/gems whatever to get back my disenchanted legendaries :smile:
Highly doubt how possible that is, mostly I’m just excited about 1.08 and dreaming.

I’ve dreamed about retroactive stuff before. It almost never works out. That VIP stuff is basically the first time I’ve seen it happen, or it will be once we get it.

Realistically, 1000 keys should get at least 20 legendaries. Between all of those, there will be some duplicates, and that is where anything that had 4 previously will be mythic-capable on patch day.

Let alone 2k or 4k. Or add magic keys. Or add whatever the VIP stuff does.

… Anyone who used to have that many legendaries probably has thousand/s of keys right now.

I think the note that all troops pre 108 (except the imps) will be in the chest is probably their solution to this. Clearly it isn’t exactly the same as you have to hope for random chance to help you out, but at least the chance is there to pick back up those cards.

-Razlath

I used to have that many, and only have 800 or so keys.

Im curious about the spread of keys actually, I mean in the #5 guild we get around probably close to 100 keys a week, I know MM gets more like twice that. How many keys are floating around for the guilds not in the top 10?

I’m also VERY curious to know what the future of guild tasks looks like in 1.08.

We’ve usually been getting between 180-250 keys per week, varying.

I would assume that the key tasks will be rebalanced around Glory Keys (since they’ve said as much). Extrapolating from the fact Gold Keys are 300g each (so 2 is 600g), Glory Keys are worth at least 400g to fill out the 1000g cost of an Iron Key.

They could go a few ways with this - either lower the gold requirement for the task to compensate, raise the amount of Glory Keys, or a mixture of both. OR, change the task to give us Gold Keys and Glory Keys (not likely, also lame).

Presently, 36k = 6k worth of keys per person, so the task costs 6x as much as it gives per person. We could see 400 x 6 x 6 = 14,400 or rounded up to 15k, for 6 Glory Keys per person. Or double those amounts. Honestly I want to say to keep it around the same cost as it is now and just be a ton of keys, its psychologically more satisfying.

I’m just not hoping they read “Who ever completes this task gets…” Otherwise, you’ll always save your gold to complete a full task. To me, that would make it feel like unhealthy competition within the guild.

I am hoping that you have your own progress bar or something so when you’ve donated X-thousand gold to what ever tasks, you get a bonus.

They’re totally not going to do that first thing. The tasks will operate as they do currently - no in-guild competitive aspect.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by bonuses; if they depended on the tasks you donated to, that would also be out of the question (since people would deliberately stall until the ‘better’ tasks were up for grabs, so to speak)… but if it was just a general Most Valuable Player sort of thing, then THAT I would like to see.

1 Like

you can get glory from maps and hard defending too

Map rewards are too low. Apparently, devs will change maps at least to include the new keys so maybe they will also increase the rewards. But for now, I win 10 glory sometime 30 but not that much.
Defend? You’re joking? We gain 1 glory for every defend win…
Both your methods are not enough to reach 2200 glory by week. Maybe tribute as already said DonBoba.

Worth noting that every second week is weapons and no troops. So we wouldn’t need that much for every week.

I feel so small after reading this thread

Think of it as opportunity, rather than worrying about what you have/haven’t got :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And yet, it will be an opportunity of getting smashed by mythics that I can’t afford.
I barely get past all the legendaries I don’t have.

Since 1.07 only the slime team has kept my head above water, since I don’t have a lot of kingdom bonuses.

I’m not saying I’m not excited about the changes, they look amazing, but I’m definitely not rich enough to make even one single mythic troop yet.

Don’t worry, I was going through my troops and I don’t have enough to make one either!

I probably can do a few… Especially Dire Wolves… But not so many epics or legendaries… After my mass-disenchanting before :sob:

@bluebehir maybe the devs can look at the matchmaking and help you get more even battles…? @Sirrian @Nimhain any comment?

I think the matchmaking is ok. Normally it puts me against people around my level, give or take 100 higher.
The other day it put me against a lvl 835 guy, but I played carefully and won 3 grand. So not complaining about the matchmaking in any regard or fashion.
I just don’t have great troops.

I should point out that the 835 guy was an anomoly. In my 160 or so levels of playing I’ve only seen someone that high twice.

But I frequently go up against 4 legendaries teams, like double webspinner double Venoxia, or whatever the flavour of the week is.

@bluebehir: I don’t think you have to worry about many of us putting up a team chock full of mythics just yet. The vast majority are like you and me, we don’t have the resources to get a lot of mythics, if any! There are a select few who have played a lot and gathered lots of troops, and certainly there will be a small handful of them around with a mythic or two, but most of us have to work on it, just like you, and it might be awhile.

So chin up, dude! Everybody remembers when they had no legendaries. This game is generally good about allowing lower leveled players to rub elbows with the bigger guys and still do okay, it just might take some planning for good teams. And if nothing else, this forum is full of folks who will gladly dispense advice on this matter :sunglasses:

I also had worries about this new update and how it might scale up the upper tier of players, but I think ultimately it will be fine. The sheer amount of resources needed means nobody will have a whole team of mythics for a while.