Yay! I got my first Mythic

Congratulations!

Welcome @denthegod,

This is a nice team with Scorpius and most of the cards you probably have. Also it is good on brown day for Guild Wars. :wink:

3 Likes

Donā€™t you lose points for insta kill in GW?

You donā€™t ā€œloseā€ points, but you donā€™t get credit for damage done on insta-kill. If you do more than 4x the damage done by your opponent on the other 2 troops, you can still get a maximum damage bonus. Killing them quickly (even if it doesnā€™t count toward the damage bonus) can still help you maximize your score by reducing your total moves and preventing the opponent from collecting mana and doing damage. It is only at the very top brackets of GW where youā€™d even need to think about these possible trade-offs.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Scorpius is also a great first mythic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Stan you are right sorry itā€™s my top bracket reflex lol

No worries. Iā€™m still not convinced that using devour and insta-kill put you at a disadvantage, but I think they increase the risk/reward equation. Having some lucky AI drops fall against you when youā€™re using these tools can really decrease your score, but you have the potential for quick, high-scoring wins if all goes well.

Yeah exactly since you canā€™t control cascade (skulls) i found these team very risky cause they only need to hit you 1 or 2 shot and you lose lot of damages point potential

@Taransworld

Iā€™m missing Emperor Khorvash on that team you suggested. Can you suggest a replacement until I get him? thanks!

Iā€™m not sure. I havenā€™t tested it with anything else but here are some ideasā€¦

Maybe:
Behemoth
Chief Stronghorn
Felā€™Dras
Knight Coronet
Krystenax
Poison Master
Stone Giant
The Silent One
Webspinner
Wraith
Abhorath

@Taransworld hey thanks for those suggestions. After playing around with a few of them I decided to try out and finally settled on Roc. Maybe my thought process on this is wrong (if there is a flaw in my thinking please let me know) but I settled on him for a couple of reasons:

1. His special attack is a one shot. Heā€™s a yellow and I didnā€™t want another member of the team to take priority in gems as the Wyvern and Ragnagord are already doing it with the brown gems. His special can only be fired once and thatā€™s it which leads me toā€¦
  2. After he does his special he gains a huge bonus in damage and life depending on level and ascension. Right now for me he is ultra rare (soon to be epic) and level 15 which gives him a bonus of 13 to both skull damage and life.

With that huge bonus and one of his traits where he only takes 75% of skull damage he can both give damage and take damage at least until Scorpius fills up. And instead of eating up yellow gems the whole match they can go straight to Scorpius after he fills up once.

Anyways, I thank you for your suggestions on this and if you think Iā€™m going about this the wrong way please let me know.

2 Likes

I think it sounds great. As long as the team is fun and kicks buttā€¦ :wink:

Congrats! I can relate to the this great feeling, just started myself.

1 Like