Whoa! Got my second mythic ever this morning

Hey, guys I decided to open some gem chests to day and I pulled a Ketras the Bull on the fourth chest! I read his power and it seems to me he’s a pretty good pull but then again I’ve only been playing this for about two months so I could be wrong. I’ll tell you guys whuuuuut, though his artwork is just as awesome as my Scorpius so just on that alone I’m happy. Anyways I would love to hear some team suggestions from you vets if possible. Thank you.

2 Likes

Well you have scorp already so I’d like to know your legendary/epic pool. If you have them I highly recommend:
Gorgotha
Emperor Khorvash
Ketras
Scorpius.

Obviously fully traited helps but this team is very strong and can only get better with other substitutions in time. Magnus is also a good troop to use if you have him.

1 Like

Ishballa
Ketras
Firebomb

is a brutal combo. Nyx? What Nyx? I don’t see any. Anariel? Who is that? There is no Anariel’s here!

2 Likes

A fun build i like to use:
Rock Troll
Ketras
Sunweaver
Emperina

Rock Troll is a decent tanker and matching red gems to fill his spell buffs Ketras. Emperina and Sunweaver will buff Ketras to one shot the main target and cripple the two other adjacent, i suggest you always aims at the second enemy to weaken the first one too. This way Rock Troll can even finish the top enemy with skull damage.

Edit: I corrected the spelling for Queen Mab.

@KYLENATOR001
@netwizard

Unfortunately I’m missing both Gorgotha and Divine Ishbaala. And I’m sorry, I should have given a list of the epics and legendaries that I do have:

Alastair
Amira
Anointed One
Anthea
Atlanta
Aziris
Baba Yaga
Bone Dragon
Bonnie Rose
Borealis
Brian the Lucky
Bul’Tautros
Bunni’Nog
Carnex
Celestasia
Dark Song
Dark Troll
Dimetraxia
Dokkalfar
Dragon Cruncher
Elf-Eater
Emperina
Emperor Khorvash
Erinyes
Faunessa
Fel’Draz
Fenrir
Ferit
Flame Troll
Forest Guardian
Forest Troll
Gar’Nok
Garuda
Ghiralee
Glitterclaw
Gloomleaf
Got and Gud
Grand Inquisitor
Green Seer
Green Slime
Hellcat
Herald of Chaos
Hydra
Ice Golem
ice Witch
Ifrit
Jarl Firemantle
Keeper of Souls
Keghammer
Kerberos
King Mikhail
King Silenus
Kruarg the Dread
Lady Anariel
Lady Ironbeard
Lady Sapphire
lil’ Johnny Bronze
Lord Ironbeard
Luther
Marid
Marilith
Mercy
Mongo
Monster Muncher
Morthani’s Will
Necrezza
Night Hag
Nobend Brothers
Nosferatu
Orion
Penglong
Pride Guard
Prince Azquila
Prince Ethoras
Princess Elspeth
Princess Fizzbang
Queen Grapplepot
Queen Mab
Ragnagord
Rakshanin
Raven
Rock Troll
Rowanne
Salamander
Scarlett
Sea Troll
Shadow Dragon
Sheggra
Sir Gwayne
Sir Snothelm
Skeleros
Skrymir the Lofty
Shadow-Hunter
Sparkgrinder
Spinnerette
Strygik
Sunweaver
Sylvanimora
Sylvasi
Tal’Rae
Tankbot 2000
Tassarion
Tau
Terraxis
Tesla
Tezca
The SilverMaiden
Tomb Spider
Umberwolf
Urska Wanderer
Urskatyr
Valor
Venoxia
Visk
Webspinner
Werewolf
Xiong Mao
Yau Guai
Zephyros

I know it’s a long list but I went through the trouble of typing everything just so I can copy and paste it if I need to again. I also have a bunch of Ultra Rare and under cards that have been promoted to Epic. Hopefully I have a decent team in there I can use Ketras with.

@Razzagor

Just saw your post. Gonna put that team together later tonight.

Coincidentally I just pulled Gog and Gud today. I don’t know if they’re any good but I’m a huge fan of the artwork. I am by no means an art analyst. I just like drawn and/or painted pictures that look cool. Is there any fun teams with Gog and Gud? Thank you all for any tips and pointers.

4 Likes

Yea razzgor’s team would work best given the pool. Once both mythics are traited, I recommend trying both with Khorvash and preferably gorgotha or other exploder to accelerate the team.

On a side note, I haven’t even got queen man yet, but I heard that troop is top tier :smile:

Congratz!I have 4 mythic after years atm,so getting 2 after 2 months is pretty insane,or my luck is just non existant.

@KYLENATOR001

I use Ragnagord as my exploder on a few of my teams. I’m thinking he’d probably fit right in. I’ll try that tonight. He does really well on my other teams so it’s not gonna hurt to try.

@Orochi2018

Eh, it’s this RNG thing. I bought a bunch of gems one time and came up with nothing. I was kind of disappointed but at the same time I knew what I was getting into so I just forgot about it. Once I didn’t care for Mythics is when I got both of mine. I think the RNG just knows when you want something really bad and just decides to not give it up. Like I was really hoping I get a Dragon Soul today but it didn’t want to give it to me. But then again, I stopped as soon as I got the Mythic which was on the fourth pull.

Try Alchemist Hellcat combo. Add Forest Guardian / Firebomb / Mercy / Azura for quick start. Azura is a free Epic from Merlantis.

I know everyone hates Mab, but you’re the first to humiliate her to such an extent.

1 Like

@netwizard

You know, this is just how dense I am: I didn’t get that @KYLENATOR001 was being funny and pointing a spelling error I made before. I only realized it now that I messed up when I saw your post. Anyways, I went back and corrected it. So now not only can I come here for advice in the game, I can also come here for spelling lessons, too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

If you would like to give people a link to your entire collection, you can use gowdb.com for this. Register an account via Register - Account - Gems of War Database, link it with your GoW account via Sign In - Gems of War Database, and then share your collection via https://gowdb.com/collection/share. The resulting URL can be copy/pasted, and anyone can see a view of your troops.

7 Likes

Ketras the Bull is a fun troop that shines with Divine Ishbaala. Without her, Ketras is fun, but a bit more of a liability than the time it takes to charge it without help (personal opinion). Needs a dedicated mana engine team to get the damage off before something decides to target Ketras.

Here’s a team you probably could build…

Alchemist (Rare troop)
Moneylender (Rare troop)
Ketras the Bull
Queen Grapplepot/ Goblin Rocket (Ultra Rare troop)

Lantern Banner (Shentang)

Fill Alchemist, use Alchemist. From there, Moneylender creates a ton of Red gems. Queen Grapplepot if you get some overflowed Yellow, otherwise Ketras the Bull will quick fill with those Red.

This assumes you have no traits on any troop, although the 2nd trait on Alchemist is highly encouraged.

Goblin Rocket (1st trait encouraged) also works for Queen Grapplepot if you want to play a I win slowly without giving the AI a turn kind of thing.

2 Likes