Worse than Bone Dragon: The Invisible Threat

Having a differing opinion does not make someone a pack of rabid wombats…

As many have pointed out, if the team is a secret it won’t ever be fixed. It needs to be shared with the community and devs to make sure it’s actually a problem or if the team is an exaggeration. Making a long post about a problem no one else even knows about is not very productive. Telling people that it would ruin the game for them sounds condescending (the way it was written) and it sparked annoyance from people. If she was truly concerned about this super top secret team she would just tell the devs and leave it be. Not poke at the community and hold a secret over everyone’s head and then proceed to tell us she knows what’s best for us and that we don’t want to actually know.

12 Likes

People can come and white knight the OP all day long. That doesn’t change the fact that if you only want to share a super secret game breaking team with the devs, then you don’t make a dramatic and condescending thread about it. You know, you just PM the devs. Drama avoided.

20 Likes

Noone was savaged here, but that this thread is just pointless without clear information on the “game-destroying” team for the community to form an opinion about it, is simply a fact and not an argument.

And i am not saying that just because it is pointless it should not have been created, god knows any game community forum has an abundance of these threads, but people should be prepared to get appropriate answers to such a thread without being too sensitive about it.

And my remark about the condescending tone was aimed at your post, not at Kuros.

1 Like

Additionally, the fact remains that, even if there does exist a super-secret always-win-guaranteed cheese team, she can just, y’know, not use it. Are single-player games that have cheat codes any less enjoyable once you discover they exist? Just use self-restraint and don’t use them if doing so removes all challenge and enjoyment for you.

More so than the I’ve-Got-A-Secret-And-I’m-Not-Telling-For-Your-Own-Good message, I just don’t understand the righteous fury here.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Me? Condescending? How could you ever think such a thing? I agree the Kuro could have chosen not to use the team. But as far as her choice not to reveal it here, I support that fully. The greed pouring off of this page is palpable.

Kuro didn’t start this thread because she wanted to gloat about her team. She started it because she found a game mechanic that she felt threatened the future of the game. And as for all this crap about “needs to be evaluated by the community,” well, just no. Kuro is allowed to trust her own judgment. Why should she replace that with yours?

Is it not past your bedtime?! Staying up late is bad!

1 Like

Great News!
Using the Invisible Threat information provided in the original post I have devised a counter to the secret team that Wins 100% of the time in under 90 seconds.

This Defend Team is so powerful it will make Invades impossible.

Considering this Defend team never looses I can not in good conscious give any details as I want to protect the players from themselves.

Developers please Nerf this Invisible Defend team for the good of the community.

16 Likes

2 Likes

I think that Sirrian’s latest offical post about ‘Events’ has the potential to help address this issue of a repetitive mechanic (ie teams that beat any defence). I do hope the weekly event isn’t something that can be achieved in an hour or two of game play.

There are a few of theses teams out there at present (with and without Bone Dragons, Guardians, Bats & Mabs) and I suspect that most peeps on the leaderboard are aware and using them or a variation of them. If you can win any PvP without taking notice of the defence, then that is great from efficiency/resource gathering point of view, but does not reward the variance & richness that is available from the game with so many troops & mechanics.

9 Likes

What you see as greed
I see as a desire to test a team to make sure the claims of secret threat hold up or if it’s an exaggeration. And then from there come up with a solution.

Testing is great and is not “greedy”

From another perspective than yours. I do not find what anyone (well almost anyone) has said greedy in any way

2 Likes

Oh yes of course she is allowed to trust her judgement, noone is arguing that.
And i also fully support her choice to not share her team, that is absolutely not the point, it just makes this thread itself pointless.
Why adress the community at all, when you don’t want to share anything with it, don’t want to discuss anything with it or don’t give any Information that could spark any ideas to fix something you think is broken?

If the point of this thread is to just get into contact with the Devs then i have to say that this is an extremely inefficient way to do that, for someone so obsessed with efficiency that they would rather quit the game instead of playing slightly less efficient teams than the infamous Game-destroyer.

12 Likes

Top secret teams that ruin the game, devs hate it. Click to view more.

7 Likes

Ahh the click bait! Please do tell us more!

3 Likes

Find out how Boats and Verdugo became overnight millionaires by using these top 3 super secret defence teams! Fellow players hate them, the devs can’t stand them and they’ve taken the forum by storm!

All YOU need to do is click on this VERY LEGIT link, provide your email address and personal details and they’ll get back to you as quickly as possible!

This has been endorsed and sponsored by Bone Dragon and our special guest BlackRhino! Lmfao.

24 Likes

My god Verdugo. You just made me spit out my juice laughing. :laughing:

4 Likes

by now over 200 likes :joy:

did i see there ‘help please’? in a direct reply to a player? to me at that point was obvious Kuro did want a solution help from community, however by now might have changed his/her mind?

so yeah all those replies about what kuro wanted and what not, instead of focusing on the solution or on identifying the problem?

ive never asked for that team composition, as i think i have pretty good idea what the team might be, also i was for a while close to the feeling presented in that topic as my maybe sligthly slower team does slide through defense teams the same way and i could just cover half of my screen that shows who the enemy units are and still win with same pace…
…so… ive never asked for that team comp yet i offered a solution (here) which everyone includinng kuro just totally spammed away and ignored

how many ppl here (besides Sirrian) actually tried to confront the problem instead?

All she had to do was quietly PM Sirrian the team and that was it.

Quite simple really.

5 Likes

Assuming the problem is, “This one specific configuration of four troops is broken beyond belief,” the solution is quite obvious:

1. Report how broken it is to the devs (either in the open like most of us do, or if you really want to keep it a secret, by way of private message); and
  2. Don’t use the team anymore since it’s clearly an issue for you.

There’s no specific team advice needed, in my opinion (and really very little specific advice can be given, considering the OP’s unwillingness to share). Not even counting the Hero, there are currently 6,505,390,336 possible team compositions. I think one of the remaining 6,505,390,335 would suffice.

10 Likes

i rhought the problem is reaching a team situation like this, regardless of the team content