Win Streak Needs a Reset

Okay @Athilias and @Dustin1280 . Why do you think it is so important that the win streak is correctly displayed? I’m especially interested in your take, Dustin, since you don’t even pay attention to them.

Finally, does anybody else pay attention to win streak, and if so, what do you do with the information?

Because stats are generally zeroed out every major patch in other games, it’s the normal if you will. For league each new season your stats get zeroed out (to an extent, you still keep the hidden stats that say you’re a ____ skilled player). If I’m curious how well someone’s team is playing, I don’t want to look and see he’s got a 300 win streak from patch 1.0.9. When people look at stats, generally they want to see what is relevant for how the game is now.

I think stats should always be updated or zeroized with every big patch that changes the game, whatever game it is. Most games have both recent and historical stats, but since this one doesn’t have historical, it should just run off recent.

In the end someone will always complain, do what is best for the game long term.

1 Like

So your take is that even though win streak is meaningless, it should be reset out of principle?

My take is that people that are going to look at the stat, are not looking at it to see what your best was in your entire history, but what your best win streak is on the current major patch. Generally (not always) people look at someone’s stats to see how you’ve performed recently, not in the entire history of the game.

It’s not a major thing by any means, and while I don’t have extensive experience coding, it seems like something that would not be incredibly difficult to change. However I also understand developers have priorities, and things like changing historical stats isn’t going to make them as much money as creating new lands/units/gameplay mechanics. Stats is just something I personally like to know up to date, and what I may have done a year ago (though I obviously have not been playing this game that long) is not of interest to me when I’m looking to see how myself or someone else has been performing recently.

Of course you can use the weekly PvP stats for this, but that’s per week, and not major patch, which is reset too quickly for my tastes anyway.

From a purely logical standpoint:
Whenever a big patch is released, it’s generally a good idea to start people off with a “clean slate” in certain things. They overhauled pvp completely and as such stats related to the old pvp should be wiped. It just keeps things more organized and leaves less room for error. On top of that one of the MAJOR glitches was finally fixed which means exiting out of a battle actually counts as a loss now.

As it stands the current data is inflated and incorrect. I like accuracy and a wipe would make things far more accurate.

I also believe new players who start playing will never have the opportunity to glitch their stats by quitting a battle, which makes a larger disparity between old vs new and effectively doesn’t allow accurate comparison.

1 Like

I look at people’s profiles to discover how many kingdoms/troops they have.

Well, that’s new.

So a legitimate win streak of 100 matches should be reset when there is a patch update for the benefit of other players who care only about streak in the current version? (I wonder how many of those there are…) In other words, the win streak should be modified only for the purposes of other players rather than the desires of the person who holds the streak?

Again, we are talking about a meaningless number. What kind of error could possibly arise from its failure to be refreshed?

1 Like

IronyMan:
Again, we are talking about a meaningless number. What kind of error could possibly arise from its failure to be refreshed?

Inaccuracy, due to pvp flowing differently now and people’s current win-streak being false due to the quitting glitch.

I’ll be perfectly honest, if you want to see your stats, just take a picture before the reset would happen. It’s very normal in other games to have stat resets. Anyway, how is it fair that other players that used a glitch to get big but current players can’t now that it has been fixed.

Also, why are you so against it being reset if you are calling it a meaningless number? If it’s meaningless then it being reset shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

Good call-out. I’m not against it. I really, truly, don’t care. I’m just curious why some people care so much. And when I asked the question, I couldn’t get a satisfying answer. Other issues were brought up, analogies posed that I couldn’t make sense of, and in general, I felt the question (which to refresh was [quote=“IronyMan, post:10, topic:7875”]
What is the problem with a possibly inaccurate win streak?
[/quote]
was skirted.

Anyway, the forum bot just informed me that I have posted more than my share of responses to this topic and maybe I should shut up and let others voice their opinions. I apologize for being a thread-hog, but I actually found the debate kind of fascinating.