Win Streak Needs a Reset

Well let’s say my uncle has a niece who plays GoW. She and I get a nice little rivalry going, and after some chat messages are exchanged we decide to hook up. Upon finding this out, how should my uncle react?

I would sincerely hope my win streak doesn’t get reset.

The point of statistics is to show CORRECT values. Not randomish garbage. Contaminated number means for the sake of the imagined few who want to see and show the corrupt number it is ruined for everyone.

Also there is a simple way to have the cake and eat it too for the case: at reset time archive the actual number and show it in a different cell.

1 Like

I agree it probably should show a correct amount or whats point in having it
major bugs that affect game play just more important though than some # to brag about.

Here’s the thing. There is no way for the devs to know who does or does not have a legit win streak. So, why should the devs spend a millisecond on this issue. Beyond that, why does anyone even care about someone else’s win streak? Serious question.

1 Like

It isn’t about caring for win streaks. The point of showing data is for the data to be correct. If data is fabricated, there is no point in showing it at all.

1 Like

There’s the problem. We have no way of knowing which numbers are false and which or not. Ultimately, even post 2.0 numbers won’t be 100% correct since crashing and ghost troop quits will show up as a loss. So, I guess the solution is for them not to bother with a win streak at all.

Thank you. That’s what I’ve been trying to ask, but am not getting anywhere.

So you have no feeling whatsoever about the importance or unimportance of the win streak, but simply want to fix my and everyone else’s streak out of a sense of duty to preserve the integrity of the data?

1 Like

Well, I want a full profile reset for everyone, not just win streak. The only reason I mentioned win streak specifically is that fixes have been made to the game to prevent that stat from being manipulated. Things like defend win/loses can still be manipulated by the fact that it is currently impossible to lose a defend. If a profile’s data is not accurate, there is no point in showing it at all. Currently every person’s profile is not accurate.

2 Likes

Actually, the point of statistics is that you use them when you can’t show correct values. Statistics is the science of the best guess and of prediction.

And now on to @Tacet

Okay, I am officially confused. This issue sounded interesting when I initially read through, but my gut feeling was one of “are they really arguing this point?” So I asked a seemingly simple question in an attempt to get some clarification on just what that point was. Although the name of the thread is “Win Streak Needs a Reset,” it seems no one wants to talk about win streak. And now we have migrated to the entire profile. I feel like I’m going to walk out of here with a used car.

For the record, I’ll just say that I can’t think of many things in the game that are less important than the win streak. The win streak’s effect on gameplay is NADA. There are so many other things being debated that actually do affect gameplay that it seems trivial to expend effort debating something that doesn’t. (“So what are YOU doing?” you ask. “Good point,” I reply.)

And with that I think I’m out.

I don’t get what the whole debate is about. If something like gold, souls, gems, etc were displaying incorrectly everyone would want to get it fixed. Just because it is less important doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply that. it should be fixed. but seems more important fixes atm was only thing I was trying to relate.
atm you hit reconnect it is a loss so the win streaks not show correct either because of that. I have 8 loss atm and only 2 are actually loses others from poor connection.
so a fix for that would be you have to actually enter the battle before it would count a lost. still ends rage quit /drop out but would end some of the poor connection loses

full profile reset for those that care about these numbers may be upsetting to some. who have done them without being due to bugs etc. once again just a statement I could care less really

The problem with that is everyone is bugged. There has been a glitch for the past 4 days that has made it impossible to lose a defend.

yeah have seen that. it shows a win but you do not gain the 4 souls when It adds up. which must of been a lost.
I in favor of it being fixed. just care about the more detrimental bugs being fixed first

True. But those things affect gameplay. Winstreak is so unimportant that it is actually questionable why it is displayed in the first place (as someone already stated in this thread–I’d give credit, but can’t find it.)

2 Likes

It actually doesn’t. I’ll give an example from the recent past.

Around January this year, gold was removed from all battle costs except for Arena. With this change, they accidentally caused a glitch in which gold amounts showed with a decimal amount after them. This error was completely cosmetic and had no effect on one’s actual gold total. There were dozens of people asking to get it fixed just because it was on a resource. It had absolutely no effect on gameplay, yet just because it was gold it had to be fixed. That is simply my stance with the win streak and the entirety of player profiles.

The funny thing is that something like gold/souls/gems are being displayed incorrectly in certain situations, as brought up in: Questions about farming and souls (Display Bug) - #21 by JasonAshcroft

I think win streak should be reset as well personally.

1 Like

I also think they should reset the win streaks. I don’t even really pay attention to them, but I feel it is a good change with the new PVP.

Are you trying to tell me that gold does not affect gameplay?