Win a Custom Gems of War XBox One!

I’m not a bot like @Rickygervais, but I play when I can. :wink:

I’ve got a few entries so far, so I hope I win something! If I win the Death Knight armor I think I’ll give @Tacet the code to do some kind of stream give away (as I already have it).

2 Likes

My brother and I are use to checking in every day. So we’re getting a double chance of winning something than nothing. lol

1 Like

Good luck everybody! ;):+1:

1 Like

When will the winners be announced??

They said next week. Don’t know which day though.

1 Like

Any news on this? I had a quite a few entries, I guess RNG is against me in contests as well.:wink: Did anyone on the forum win even one of the small consolation prizes? I’d like to hear if you did and what it was.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra
Any news on this whatsoever? Did they just decided to keep everything instead of have a drawing?

Thanks.

I sure would like to know as well. No update has been given at Twitter. What a shame.

Cross-posting this from Twitter as it’s relevant: https://twitter.com/GemsOfWar/status/895537876028534784

Short answer: Xbox probably won’t publicly disclose the winners.

2 Likes

Hey that’s a response to my tweet!

2 Likes

(Hello it is I, the Twitter human.)

I’ve been investigating the Xbox competition winners and it is as I said in the tweet. It is very unlikely that Microsoft will be announcing them publicly.

The winners have been contacted privately to my understanding. If you haven’t been contacted then you haven’t won, unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

Well that’s disappointing. Maybe I’ll win one of these competitions one day!

Lovely!! Oh wait I live in Asia… So like all the Asian, African, South america, and oceania people I just, can go…

It’s a amazing event, really. But i want to see the face of the guy who created this event. Sure he must have a beautiful trollface . And he maybe say something like this.

-ok let’s make event for merica and Canada.
-And what about the people from everywhere else in the world?
-well, they can go… .
-it’s lot of people who cant enjoy.Not little bit rude?
-Absolutely, but if they are not happy, they can go…

And the question, the people from all the other part in the world, will in the future, finally enjoy similar event, or the will have again the pleasure to go… ?

Have a good day. Apparently time for me to go …

Organizing an intercontinental event involving prize giveaway is a legal minefield. I don’t blame them for focusing resources on where they expect the most bang for their buck while reducing the legal hurdles involved.

2 Likes

@Lyya is correct. There are a huge amount of legal hoops to jump through, most of which include a “gift tax.” Because of this it is extremely difficult and often not viable to run international giveaways.

When we did the PS4 competition we had these exact issues and our legal team worked hard on opening the competition to as many countries as possible. Even so, some players weren’t happy.

4 Likes

Microsoft legally must announce contest winners upon request.

… I’m not sure that’s correct?

1 Like

I actually think that is correct here in the united states, now that I think about it. This is all I could find in regards to it though “The sweepstakes must explain how the winners will be selected and how they will be informed of their success.” I don’t enter many contest but what from I remember, they are supposed to show the list of winners to show that the sweepstakes was valid and do so within a set time frame. The federal trade commission regulates contests here in the states, and decided if they legal, but only after someone has filed a complaint

I am a huge Xbox fan but I question MS’s integrity on this sort of stuff. I placed in a competition years ago and my price was supposed to be a sum of MS Points (about $300 iirc) and I never got it. Never received any communication from MS. They never responded to my support ticket and, after spending a while on the phone with support, they hung up on me and didn’t call back.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one.

Also, a cursory search suggests that they are only legally bound to respond to requests for disclosure of winners of you send them a self-addressed stamped envelope.

That lines up with what I remember from commercials and advertisements as a kid :joy: