Why are they not nerfing Queen B and King Gobtruffle?

Turn breaker, you mean freeze? Why do you insist on recreating the wheel because you keep getting trashed by 2 troops?

The condescension is palpable and unlikely to win anyone to your cause.

People like me who don’t want these cards nerfed are not idiots—we know these cards are better than many mythics.

Our solution to this “problem” (if it even is that — plenty of people don’t think rarity equals, or should equal, an even power-rating, especially given the subjective valuation involved with determining usefulness across modes, status effects, etc…) rather than taking the cool toys away by nerfing them, is to buff the sub-par cards and make them worth their label.

All legendaries should be as good as Queen Beetrix.

All mythics should be as good as, or even better than, High King Irongut / Megavore / The Wild Queen / etc…

You won’t change my mind unless she breaks the game in the future, and she hasn’t yet so she probably never will. She’s not the Divine META of old, or L+D in its early days, or RD, or Dragon’s Eye, or any other number of things that literally reduced PVP to one viable defense team. PVP teams today are more diverse than I’ve seen across my years of playing, and the variance is appreciated in that mode AND the usefulness on OFFENSE is worth every single loss I might take from someone else’s DEFENSE.

There’s no question. The ratio is like 100:1 in my favor, at least.

#NoNerfs2020
#NoNerfs2021
#NoNerfsEverEverunlessabsolutelynecessary

2 Likes

Um…I only play about 22 games of PvP (enough to get to Rank 1), and indeed you see them ALOT. But I fight fire with fire and just use my own Evil+Gob+Queen+King team.

And here’s the problem with your desire to make all troop’s usefulness similar to their rarity. You’re depriving newer players that don’t have 4000 diamond to craft a Megavore to win. Unless they get lucky with the keys and even then you’re more likely to get repeat of something than the one you really want.

So I say live and let live. Personally, I’m never really bothered by OP weapons/troops. I’ll just use it for my advantage, even if I see it constantly in PvP it doesn’t bother me, since I finish all my fights on day one and then never go there again. My problem is when you FINALLY get a mythic and it’s utterly useless

2 Likes

For most folks calling for Nerfs it’s because they lose a match and instead of finding a counter they do nothing but lose again. No changes what so ever. Must be broke because it absolutely can’t be that I’m too lazy to look for something that could change the battle in my favor. The devs have released a lot of troops, weapons, classes and there is a counter for everything and I mean everything. People making teams don’t make them so you can beat them. They are making those teams so folks not willing to put in the work to find a counter lose to them.

2 Likes

Dont forget about Skeleton Key teams, which at some point were a wall, especialy for lower level players who weren’t able to take down Egg Thief before he started 1shoting whole board…or who were 1shot down by SK itself…

I find it so funny that many of you did not read what I wrote. lol Some of you said oh “pvp doesn’t matter”… “oh, there is counter to Queen and King so they are fine”. READ WHAT I WROTE!!! geeze. I said Queen and King’s equation are OUT OF WHACK for their mana cost, damage, gem creation, extra turns. Name me a troop that can create that many gems while doing that much damage and getting extra turns or mana back or both because of 4-5 matches. (Yao Guai is close I admit)

Let me repeat it again. I can beat Queen and King with a very specific team. This does not mean I agree with their design.

Turn Breaker is NOT freeze because not everyone has Freeze and you can be somewhat immune to it with trait. Turn Breaker is a fair way to allow many Support characters to have time to support without being looped to death. Turn Breaker can happen after 2 or 3 rounds of spell casting. Sounds very fair to me. Yes, Queen and King are not the only two that can keep looping but their designs are completely out of whack.

Read guys. Not hard.

You assume people have not read your posts because they have not come to agree with you.
Those who quote or copy-paste parts of your posts thereby proving they have read at least parts of it, but still do not agree, you condescendingly put down for not seeing the light.

Newsflash buddy, we read all of it. We do not agree, and it is not because we are dumb.

Perhaps you should start reading other people’s posts and quote parts that you do not agree with?

I don’t believe in the requirement to make every tier perform a certain way. I don’t even agree that all mythics need to be powerful. But to keep on track - factions have only 4 troops to play with. They go into 4 tiers. It would be very boring if all the power is always concentrated on the Legendary, and it’s always power level 250% of the common etc. Bland and formulaic.

1 Like

Just because your opinion is they are too powerful does not mean that they are. If you do not like fighting those battles then skip them. I skip battles that I do not want to fight. Not because they are over powered but because I do not want to be bothered with changing my team. In Wars I plan accordingly. Your opinion is just that your opinion. Not the facts!!!

It’s a fact that queen and king are too powerful for their mana cost. I don’t even know why some of you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Lol. Just compare them to other gem creators.

I never said all mythics need to be strong. I do think all mythics need to be unique.

If they want to keep Queen and kings spell, then at least need their Life and Armor so they die quicker. Good trade off.

Everyone read what you wrote. We just disagree with most if not all of it. As another longtime player I can safely say there is nothing wrong with beetrix and gobtruffle. These troops are very good on offense and in fact beetrix combined with obsidius is a nice cleanse/counter to almost everything in the game.

Your gripe with those two troops has a lot less to do about “too powerful for their mana cost” and more being annoyed by it’s prevalence in pvp. The great part about this game is there are counters to everything. Sure beginner players don’t have access to all the counters, but it doesn’t take long to get some. Not to mention you can get beetrix and gobtruffle fairly early on so you can use them to your own advantage. No, the troops are not too powerful for their mana cost. Are they strong troops? Yes, they can be taken out with proper theory crafting. If all teams were super easy to beat with beginner troops there would be no difficulty to the game at all and nothing to work towards to improve your teams.

Another strong point I want to make here is that these troops are enjoyed by many on the offensive front. Why does this matter? Because the devs have always hesitated to nerf fun offensive metas. We saw this with the Phoenicia/Sunspear reversal months back and the reluctance to do any balance changes to OP offenses. Life and Death is of course a notable exception but even that troop can be countered now, it just requires good theory crafting. So unless you are just all about killing fun for most of the community, this thread and suggestions have zero traction with us and definitely not with the devs.

I know what you are trying to say here, but the arguments don’t hold much water when you are looking at things from any point in a players progression or in the context of the game as a whole. I play T3 pvp mostly as an endgamer and win about 90% of the time. Sure RNG stinks occasionally, but that’s the name of the game sometimes. Defenses should be tough, otherwise why play the game at all? If your only rebuttal to that is “but I don’t have X troop” well maybe work towards it. 4k diamonds isn’t impossible to obtain after 6-8 weeks so save for big name mythics you or any other beginner are missing and turn the tables on the goblins. By the way, stun and then freeze is a hard counter to beetrix since stun will stop it from cleansing and freeze stops the loops. Sometimes beetrix stops anyway since it’s not a 100% extra turn. So your turn breaker idea is not needed since you can hit goblins with a lot of different options. If you are dying by goblin loop, you need a faster pvp team to get out ahead of that. And if you aren’t dying by goblin loop as you mentioned…than what’s the issue?

4 Likes

I think you said it so well. :+1:

2 Likes

This is completely true, and the rest of the post. PvP, as stated by others, is probably at it’s best for a loooong time. Nothing rules the roost.

To the original concern

QB usually gets paired with Malc and Moonsinger, plus Doomed Club. If you run a slow building team, it’s going to get thrashed hard. Nothing really completely works against anything, but a counter to that team is stun, plus converting out green and Deluge, banish if they are using Frostmage etc. Easy to do. Kill Beetrix, it’s over. It doesn’t have stealth or skull protection etc, etc.

I get the point about it doing loops for 16 mana, but you can loop troops with empowered converters for 12, 10 if you want to use the likes of Valkyrie and some others. It’s not necessarily the legendary troop that causes issue. I fear more a snap freeze on any of my troops when up against empowereds and something like Beetrix, as I can lose control of the board, even if it’s perfect.

If we didn’t have good legendaries, we would be moaning about those, as well as weak mythics.

Of the almost 900 troops, there’s very few that see sustained play. That we can use quite a few is cool. Matrone Velenne is another troop I’ve found a team for.

A way to handle those teams that hurt you is make teams just for them. If I’m not feeling lazy I will roll out 6-7 different teams in 10 matches, all at the top of the order to combat what I’m up against. I won’t roll a team with QB vs QB for example, it’s just asking for trouble, but I will probably use something that takes care of green etc.

I made a soul farming team using QB or Gobtruffle, the brown loops feeding Pharos Ra’s etc.

2 Likes

If it bothered me as much as it does you I would find an easier game to play. Checkers cones to mind.

The empowered color converters are far more broken (literally broken as they’ve turned guild wars into a joke), than beetrix or gobtruffle are. But yes, they’re top 3 legendaries. Fix the empowered troops allowing them to have first turn looping attacks and they’re far less game breaking. Same thing goes for the Yao meta, it’s not strong because Yao is strong, it’s strong because taipan or child of summer allow them to go wild on you in one turn. Neither of them are stealthy it’s not like they can’t be singled out. The fact that they get mana way too fast due to other game breaking troops is the real problem.

As others have stated, their priority should be fixing terrible mythics before nerfing beetrix or gobtruffle.