Who are the top ps4 guilds?

Thanks to @Rickygervais, we were able to determine that the schedule for the top Xbox guild was in fact the same as the top PS4 guild. I’m pretty certain that it will be identical across the board.

1 Like

And 1 more thanks to @Aelthwyn for helping me determine the PC schedule likewise follows the same as the console schedule.

This has been fun. Time to try and connect a few more dots which should be easier since all 3 do follow the patterns.

So from the information I had, the complete weekly schedule has been determined. I’m still debating whether to post it as a whole or merely like a sports page where you have see the listing like Gra vs Quimby (for the 6th week in a row).

1 bit of statistics to share. Based on who faces who:

Easiest schedule: 3rd place. Only 2 matches in the top 5 (neither are the top rank) and have both promoted teams. Runner up, 1st place. Likewise has 4 matches against the bottom 5. (As if they needed more of an edge.)

Hardest schedule: 2nd place. They have to face the 5 hardest outside of themselves. Makes you want to win it or slip back to 3. There’s a 3-way tie for 2nd hardest.

Full list from easiest to hardest:
6, 9, 10

More to come.

3 Likes

That don’t seem very fair to me. I see that nothing is truly random in this game. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

The middle ones were fairly close in difficulty.

That said, if it were truly random, I wouldn’t have been gnawed by this for weeks until I finally sat down, got help from friends and guild leaders, and saw that the schedule is the same across all platforms by position. This was fun, not to mention helping build a little community spirit as well as see where the rivals are (Gra v Quimby VI! Coming tomorrow! Again!)

Sure beat dealing with Justice Mab VI… Again…

So what do we have to look forward to as a new week begins? Well 2 veteran teams returned to bracket 1 so everyone should be well familiar with the drill.

1 - Risin’Phreekz vs 10 - England
What a reward. The runner up from bracket 2 gets the defending champs to start. Just ask Gold = $$$$ and Crimson Sky (and England for that fact too) how well that went.

2 - Lost Winds vs 4 - Nemesis
Welcome back to the hardest schedule in Guild Wars LW. Nemesis has really been pulling close matches with the higher ranked teams. An upset would not be surprising.

3 - Guild of Gra vs 5 - Quimby
6 weeks in a row these 2 start off against each other. One of the longer rivalries going.

6 - Shining Force 1 vs 9 - Nordic Vikings
The Vikings return against a familiar opponent which should provide for a close match.

7 - Misguided Misfits vs 8 - GuildDoVelho
These 2 once again start off against each other like they had last week. Rematches help build fun rivalries.

But this is only the start for a very exciting slate this week so stay tuned.

(Lastly again thanks to everyone who helped with the data and resources to figure this out. @Santandrix, @Dan_ozzzy189, @Graeme, @killscreen on the PS4 side. @Rickygervais on the Xbox side. @Aelthwyn on the PC/Mobile side. You were all a great help and good luck in the Wars.

If anyone wants to set up a record/archive for the matches on any of the platforms, let me know and we can get something up and running if the interest is there.)

5 Likes

Lol, loving the sports commentator-esque breakdown of the matches. Well done.

1 Like

And the evening recap. While it’s possible for results to change, I will go with it as it currently is and I’m sure someone will jump in should things change. (Numbers are in 1000s, rounded to keep it simple.)

Risin’Phreekz manhandled England, 131-37. About what was expected as we start off the week

Lost Winds is holding on in a very close one, 100-92 over Nemesis. @Santandrix’ team has been playing the top guys close and tough.

Guild of Gra goes 6-0, hammering Quimby 134-68.

Nordic Vikings make their return known, leading in a close one 92-82 over Shining Force 1

Misguided Misfits likewise are winning a close one, 84-74 over GuildDoVelho.

Standings after 1:
Guild of Gra
Risin’Phreekz
Lost Winds
Nemesis
Nordic Vikings
Misguided Misfits
Shining Force 1
GuildDoVelho
Quimby
England

Tomorrow:
1 - Risin’Phreekz vs 2 - Lost Winds
We love the 1 v 2 matches and this one is always a hard fought one.

3 - Guild of Gra vs 6 - Shining Force 1
And while the defending champions are in a tight one, Gra hopes to win big and extend their lead

4 - Nemesis vs 8 - GuildDoVelho
A fun match up between 2 scrappy teams.

5 - Quimby vs 10 - England.
A chance for 1 of these teams to fight out of the basement and try to secure a pass to next week in bracket 1

7 - Misguided Misfits vs 9 - Nordic Vikings
Both teams are off to a good start this week. This will help determine who can keep the pace going.

And even though it’s happened before, it deserves mention.

The single best rivalry in all Guild Wars on any platform. Let’s go to the PC:

1 - Intrim vs 2 - Anonymous
Yeah take the 1 v 2 hype and ramp it up. They’ve traded heads up wins. They’ve traded weekly titles. They have history. There’s no guarantee on either side other than a close all out fight. This is where I’d put my PPV PvP dollars down to watch. Should be another great one. Intrim may have won last week overall, but Anonymous win this match head to head and look determined to do it again! (Cheers @Aelthwyn :slight_smile: )

Edit: Updated to reflect that Gra finished on top of day 1 as they usually have some very late players.

4 Likes

Thanks. It seems it is going to be close this time again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A brief recap as I’m travelling and won’t be able to do much for the next few days.

Sticking with the big stories.

Risin’Phreekz barely edges out Lost Winds at the time of this posting. Mathematically, it’s still possible for a strong wind to blow through but it looks like the champions will just hang on again.

Guild of Gra pulls off a first on the PS4 side. They become the first guild ever to deny the Phreekz the top spot 2 days in a row. The difference is only a few hundred points but with a last minute surge (because they like the late dramatic finish :wink: ) Gra looks like they could hang on for the week.

Again, apologies for the lack of a full recap. Those were just the 2 things that stood out the most that I also had the time to follow up on.

Match of the day tomorrow:
4 - Nemesis vs 5 - Quimby
2 great guild’s, 2 great leaders. Another solid rivalry forming.

Standings after 2:
Guild of Gra
Risin’Phreekz
Lost Winds
Nemesis
Nordic Vikings
Misguided Misfits
Shining Force 1
Quimby
GuildDoVelho
England

P.S. @Aelthwyn, who won Intrim v Anonymous? Thanks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anonymous. :slight_smile:

I think that both guilds have 5 battles left.

2 Likes

We’re running light again this week. Hopefully we’ll be back much stronger next week. Watch out! (bracket one hopefully! Lol)

2 Likes

Where’s our favourite commentator? @Shiratori

2 Likes

4 Likes

Lost morals, watch out! We’re coming for you!

2 Likes

They took another top player from us this week, it’s a slap in the face being told your guild sucks. Lol.

I guess ppl with no lives have to stick together.

Nice job on placing 4th @Nephilim

3 Likes

Well done mate. I hope you got a good loyal replacement.

2 Likes

We took in a very good player, 500 trophies just yesterday!! They were level 52, 2 months ago and now 650, we are ready to show them all our tricks.

2 Likes

Yo was our guy poached?

1 Like

Hard to say, ***** went last week and *** this week, he might have said come on over buddy, it’s way better.

Oh well, they are good players and deserve it. We’ll be fine without them. 50 legendary to our 10, what can I say.

Don’t hate the player hate the game.

2 Likes