What is the best Jarl team there is?

The reason that he is there is to take green gems when no red/yellow/blue are there. More board control.

Thatā€™s not really what we call board control.
Thatā€™s just having a better mana color coverage, but as Eika mentionned Boar Rider, Iā€™d suggest using him instead : even more mana coverage and actual boar(d) control :wink:

2 Likes

You can call it whatever you want and who is ā€œweā€? Iā€™m getting over 400 trophies a week with that team, so Iā€™ll stick with it .

Well, ā€œweā€ isā€¦ ā€˜Almostā€™ everyone I guess?
Board control are spells allowing you toā€¦ Manipulate the content of the board (preferably in a predictable way, like ā€œremove a rawā€ unlike ā€œremove a columnā€).

But you are referring to spells again, I am not, board control can also mean having the mana colors covered. It just depends how you look at it.

Well yeah, matching gems is a form of board control, but itā€™s not something that your Goblin allows you to do, you can also do that without your Goblin, so he is not in your team to have more board control :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, what? You just said that ā€œmatching gems is a form of board controlā€ and then said "but itā€™s not something that your Goblin allows you to do, "
So matching green gems does nothing to empower a goblin?

I just say itā€™s not because you have a Goblin that you can match green gems.
You donā€™t need any green mana user to match green gemsā€¦

Sorry, but goblin is not board control at all, he is mana coverage. Board control would infer that it somehow allowed you to control the board, goblin does not do that. Now Boar Rider is also good, and he ACTUALLY has board control. Apologies but you are simply using the terms wrong.

@Dustin1280 as I said, it depends on how one looks at it, Iā€™m not saying that you or Zelarith are wrong. And ā€œthe termsā€ are rather subjective.

ITā€™s simply not though.

Board control infers that it allows you to control the board somehow. Goblin does NOT allow that. Iā€™m not saying the team choice is wrong, but under NO definition does a goblin allow for board control. It does not matter how loosely you describe it.

Honestly, its like putting a Valkyrie on your lineup and saying itā€™s for DAMAGE.

1 Like

Letā€™s just agree to disagree and move on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve run across the following team a couple of times in PvP:

Jarl***
Jarl***
Prismatic Orb
Moloch***

Getting hit by two burns and a Supression with each 4 match can be brutal if youā€™re not careful! Not sure of the Hero class but I imagine Priest with Air Link would be best.

Not sure if I like prismatic orb, but Iā€™l be damned if I that doesnā€™t look awesome. I need to farm a ton of trait stones for Jarl though :frowning:

I farmed for those for months, with no luck :(. I had to buy this weeks Brown Traitstone pack to get them.