Weapons too inaccessible

Come again? XP is not gained by time you are around. Only by playing games. It takes some number of games to get to lvl250. Whoever got there spent the same effort you are supposed to. (Or probably the oldtimers spent more effort as new stuff introduced more efficient ways to gain XP…)

So where your “disadvantage” comes from really? And why you expect shortcuts? Which btw exist, just open your wallet, you could buy those weapons $50 apiece or you can buy super bonus armor and vip status.

The other group of weapons that came one weekly events were made available time to time, I see no reason why that would stop.

I have spent countless hours playing this game to be rewarded those wep’s and reach a higher lvl and now we should just do away with that and give them to everyone . doesn’t sound to fair to me either

My point is that all of the best weapons are only available via weekly events and they straight up have not been available time to time. They’re only available to people that started playing long ago. When was the last repeat we saw? (It’s also not in their best interests to release old ones since most players want new stuff every week, which is why I suggest one new + one old).

You didn’t spend countless hours to get Eternal Flame or Sun and Moon. Owning them has nothing to do with grinding or levels. You happened to start before the week it was released. That shouldn’t privilege you to having something that’s more powerful than anything I can obtain by grinding.

Think about it like this: Everyone cries about “Pay 2 Win” (including @Pasa) and now you’re arguing that something shouldn’t be available to me by grinding…

1 Like

well on weekly event wep’s your right and they shouldn’t be kept from a newer player and attainable thru game play. thought you were talking about all wep’s. will agree with you on that. and maybe they will reintroduce one day but atm think they got bigger problems to work out :slight_smile:

I was not crying, just stating. Actually it’s you “crying” because of it, limiting availability of stuff is in line of nudging impatient players to buy in. And those who don’t have the resources at hand or just not willling to bend to the schema can do little really.

OTOH I did see all the weekly event weapons offered again for souls at least once, some more than once. Can’t tell you when, but you may look up the archives of this site or the old forums, the announcement text must be in a post. I personally would support a request like all such weapons being made available in evert 2-3 month period in cycle. If not happening naturally it might be for plans to sell some $ bundles.

Actually it’s not really true, at the time the glory was not that abundant and one had to work a plenty to buy the current offer. And repeats did not happen until much much later, so you had to be around in the 2-week period and have the cost on hand. My recollection is vague but IIRC glory was not granted from battles at all, only from the daily login based on your pvp rank, so to collect it you had to climb up early and log in every day.

Doesn’t change the fact that you can’t grind or pay for ~35 weapons in the game, including many of the most powerful ones, in turn giving a specific segment of players an advantage that cannot be overcome. It’s the ONLY hard barrier between players in the game.

And, to be clear, I’m fine with stuff not being “always available”. But there’s got to be some way for folks to get them subsequently when we’re talking about stuff that directly affects power (and especially so when it’s some of the most powerful stuff in the game).

IMO the vast majority of player base agrees with that.

Just get your hero up to +20 magic and Crude Club will become quite a potent weapon. :grin:

This is not entirely accurate. This can be overcome through smart play and good troops.

There is absolutely a place for skill and I don’t need any one weapon or troop in order to win. But it really sucks when the vast majority of players don’t even have the option.

There are some weapons, like Soultrap, that haven’t been offered in around 10 months.

So if you miss a weapon the first time around, it could be a very long time until you have a chance at it.

2 Likes

I want all the toys now…stomps foot…holds breath (sorry no time for this, grind as those before you did).

1 Like

I repeat, once again, you CANNOT grind for most of the best weapons. They are completely unavailable.

And just so we’re all clear, the only people that have access to these weapons are people that have been playing the game since its early days. And those players are disproportionately represented on the forums. Not surprising that the convo keeps turning to trying to demean a newer player into silence.

We are currently discussing ways to make older event weapons available again for players who missed out the first time round.

3 Likes

@Nimhain, Great news! Thanks for considering! As I said, I’m open to ideas… Just want there to be some path for these to become available. First thing that came to mind was a second weekly bundle since folks really like a new troop every week.

While I do think there should be some reward or incentive for players to stick around a long time, I agree that weapon availability is not the best thing to express that. I know sometimes games or communities have some purely cosmetic way to denote seniority, like a banner or differently colored outfits, but that may be dangerously hokey, depending on how it’s done. But giving players exclusive access to important in-game tools is too elitist. So how do you differentiate?

Some might argue that simply having the opportunity to put in more time is enough - more time to gather resources, collect weekly offers, and become familiar with good strategies. However, as the game has changed tremendously since its beginnings, I’m not sure how accurate this measure might be. Just think of how far kingdoms and their associated levels and bonuses have changed in the past six to nine months. Can you equate leveling your kingdoms last week vs a year ago? What was it like to try to gain souls before the arena? Before Stormheim and Valkyrie?

I’m not sure what the middle ground is here. I’m proud of the fact that I’ve been playing this game for as long as I have, despite only reaching level 260 or so after almost a year and a half. I may not play nearly as much as some, but I’ve stuck with it for awhile. I do think this ought to earn me a nod, but I don’t think it should give me a major advantage. I’m just not sure where the line should be drawn.

1 Like

Seconded. The only weapons I have are varying degrees of “do such paltry damage that it’s hardly worth using up a turn with the spell.”

1 Like