We heard you like Gnomez?

Lol something like shards or 2 gems or 3 gems

1 Like

Damn, that Legendary have been a pain in the ass to hunt for, got two ravens and one treasure gnome this far. But cant complain, got several keys and gems too. This is the best event we have had by far. :blush:

5 Likes

I’ve had over 20 vault visits and no gnome cards for me yet (either) I’ll probably have Valraven at green or blue before I get Cedric at this point :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Actually, that was the first troop I looted from it. :3

1 Like

On one hand, the gnome rate was far better during the event, but I’m hoping that the vault troops can be crafted at some point as after slaying at least 100 to 150 gnomes, I only got 2 keys which gave decent rewards, but no troops. Still was a fun event but did make me envy my guildmates who got a dozen or so keys here and there.

Yup same in our guild, some only catched 4 vault keys during all the event and i been very lucky and opened 15 vault and catched every troops then decided to bank some
Keys, im now at 23 i hope to get 25 before end of event

But now break time, walking dead time :slight_smile:

I have really enjoyed this weekend gnome hunt. Shame the nerfed gnomes also appeared in the vault. Probably no way to make same troop with 2 loot tables I suppose. But I think it would be nice if they could compensate by having Sparklesack ALWAYS drop something GREAT. Have his loot only consist of the 3 troops, 100 gems and gem/event keys so a 50% chance of a troop card. If they did this I would be ok if they left the gnomes as they are. As for minor stones and 100 souls, I think everyone would rather even 5 gold keys instead.

3 Likes

I believe many of us at first were disappointed because they simply used the Vault Key and found souls and minor stones among the loot from the regular gnomes. But after a few hours farming the sheer amount of gnomes spawning with Vault Keys, and the other rewards, slowly changed the mood and the opinions became much more positive. If that’s how things will be conducted i’m personally ok with it.

4 Likes

The best way to lure them, you just need some Lucky Charm

I wish that earning a treasure map from a big cascade would instantly spawn one!

1 Like

I might be a solo voice, but the spawn rate of Gnomes while spamming explores actually felt RIGHT, and the rewards are far from overpowering. They actually made Gnome-hunting fun!

In two hours of grind I saw 42 Gnomes. This was at my fastest possible grind speed, chaining battles, no AFK breaks etc. This is roughly one Gnome every 3 minutes, or roughly every 9-12 battles at my pace. This isn’t a pace I can keep up for hours on end, and I would wager that most players are in the same boat.

The “nice” rewards for that two hours amounted to Vault keys (2), 30k gold (2), 10k gold (1), 3 Celestials (1), 4 Gem keys (1), 1 Gem key (6), 1 Event key (1). Almost everything else was 2,500g, 100 souls, or 2 minor traitstones. Vault #1 was a flop - 5 Diamonds and 200 souls. Vault #2 was a little better, 2 Diamonds, 54k gold, and 100 souls.

Two hours of PVP grind would typically net me 120+ trophies, 300+ glory, and 150k+ gold.

in review, it looks like gold earnings were very similar to what I can make grinding PVP. I sacrified time that could be spent grinding trophies and glory for 10 Gem keys and an Event key. Seems reasonable. I like this. I like having an alternative to grinding PVP that can actually give me a reward that feels like a reasonable payout for the time and effort spent.

Where am I going with this ramble? Gnomes need to stay in the game at the current pace. Buff the rewards for the event weekends, but keep the spawn rate the same outside of the events. The rewards that are being distributed are not economy-breaking, and encouraging players to enjoy more than one game mode is a good thing.

Yes, there will be outliers that either wind up with crazy good luck or spend 10 hours a day grinding Gnomes for more shots at the nicer rewards. The game shouldn’t be balanced around them, it should be balanced around the majority - people who play the game more casually. Gnome hunting this weekend gives the good feels I’ve been missing in GoW since the nerf parade started last summer.

Keep Gnomes as is. Please? Pretty please? I’ll even trade cookies and/or cat pictures!

9 Likes

FYI:

On the dev stream today, Sirrian stated that they are looking in to buffing rewards from the vault in next Vault event.

9 Likes

Cool i just wonder why they nerfed it if it was possible to have 2 different rewards?
I mean it’s clear we only wanted gnome nerfed and not the vault

2 Likes

I have no idea. I’m just happy that they plan to buff the vault rewards for the vault event next time. I had fun with it.

4 Likes

I liked Gnomes until I had to do 109 battles today before seeing one… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Unfortunately i suspect that the normal drop rate for Gnomes is playing catch up from last weekend. So instead of seeing them 1:30 times like they supposed to. It’s now 1:60. Do 11 more battles and you’ll see them twice in a row.

1 Like

Was just really bad RNG luck I think. Saw another 2 in the next 20 battles :smile:

1 Like

So I was 9 battles off?
Don’t drink the “bad luck” Kool aide. That’s what they want you to think. O.o

So it was 1:65 instead of 1:60

Which is playing catch up for the 1:15 Gnome event. Stay Woke people! :grinning:

1 Like

Can you tell us if other rewards will be increased compared to last time or would it upset the ecognomics of the game?

1 Like

We only want Gnomez if they are going to drop better rewards. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like