We dont think the Enraged Kurandara is worthy for 8 Orb of power

Thanks! That’s good news. Not really for the ones with the pass because everyone now can, assuming they have the resources, craft the better (?) version. The pass holders still have the additional kingdom progression though.

Not that it matters a lot but the consumption of the HoR should be mentioned though. It’s a slap in the face for every completionist.

On topic: 8 power orbs is outrageous. I’d settle for 4.

17 Likes

Ànd having a beer in the process!

1 Like

When I wasn’t able to craft Zuul I really felt like I was missing out on an awesome troop. With the Enraged Kurandara I feel like I’m getting ripped off if I craft him.

To be clear, I can’t craft him now and at this point it looks like it will take me a very long time get the resources for him. The difference is unlike Zuul I don’t feel any motivation at all to craft him.

8 Likes

Me too. Looks like Sirrian works at some other projects now.

5 Likes

I believe, in 3-4 weeks time, that troop may return to vault key battles for a chance to pull. It’ll stay ascended then. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I would also like it to be something other then PO’s (8) of them I have them & I have ZG , will I use them on a dup Troop (for the most part) Myth Kund… Also is this every 10wks a new BOSS??? IF so a lot of players are not going to be able to have 8 PO / 10 wks.

1 Like

At most one or two players would EVER be able to get 8 Power orbs every 10 weeks. The only way to get Power Orbs that fast is to spend thousands of gems to place top in the event leaderboard. Multiply that by 10, then add on the fact that more people want Power Orbs now…

It took me approximately 75 weeks just to save enough for Zuul’Goth.

I think costing a single Power Orb, some Diamonds, and the Heart of Rage is a more than reasonable hurdle. Maybe require owning, but not expending, a copy of Kurandara.

Eight Power Orbs is insane.

8 Likes

You need both for kingdom stars. I posted about that this morning on #awr chat. Which I believe you still have access to. :grinning:

I’m not loud because I’m disappointed. If I make a really long rant, I’ll maintain the emotional attachment to the game that keeps me playing. Instead I’m distancing.

8 Likes

I believe it has been stated that not every campaign will involve a mythic troop, let alone boss troop. This first campaign has both.
And we already have spoilers pointing to the next campaign possibly revolving around a weapon (as opposed to troop).

Personally I do not see 5 mythics per year released in soulforge each with 8 Power Orbs to craft. So I don’t see a point in setting up a fallacy and raging against it. I’m an 8mo player and have Zuul’goth, despite wasting blue orbs in the first couple of months at least. With the increased event availability, 8 Power Orbs every half year should be possible for a grinder, every year could even be reasonable for more casual players. This is in lieu of having them spare for ascending vault troops though - I concede.

3 Likes

Originally Zuul was not “worth 8 Power Orbs” when it was released either… then the devs spiced the spell up and everyone (at the time) wanted to go for it. These Boss troops can - and probably will - be rebalanced in the future to be worthy of the ultimate cost.

I crafted Zuul in December 2018 before it was beefed up. Back then my motivation was completing my troop collection and it has not changed so I will go ahead and get E.Kurandura.

What else am I going to use Power Orbs for? :man_shrugging:

HOWEVER if I had to choose either Zuul or E.Kuran then obviously Zuul is the one.

Side note: I have collected 10 Power Orbs in the past 20 months without paying $$$ for any of them. It likely means I won’t be able to get future Bosses instantly if the devs continue this pattern.

1 Like

My other concern is what else will require power orbs going forward. Will the next campaign weapon have a similarly ‘enhanced’ version that requires power orbs to craft? At this rate, it’s a definite possibility.

1 Like

There are also spoilers that seem to indicate a mythic will be releasing on a Monday (as opposed to the usual Friday) during what will be the 10th week of the next Campaign, as was pointed out to me in another thread :man_shrugging:

Along with a proportional rise in Power Orb flash offers, I’m sure. Nothing would surprise me anymore from this dev team/publisher. They’re probably drunk on greed after the success of the first battlepa$$.

1 Like

Salty confirmed on tonight’s stream that there won’t be a troop like Enraged Kurandara requiring Orbs of Power every campaign.

3 Likes

Be that as it may, Kurandara is a also a mythic - no power orbs required. A mythic themed to use/own the new duskbringer weapon (guessing - recipe releasing week 10) I can believe, but the storyline doesn’t necessarily say anything about a power-orb-requiring recipe.

I’m confused, wasn’t EK supposed to be available in the SF several weeks after the campaign ended? It’s good to see it available for f2p players so early, although the cost isn’t exactly f2p-friendly…

You’re thinking the regular mythic Kurandara

1 Like

Ahhhh, that’s right. Thanks for the clarification.