We dont think the Enraged Kurandara is worthy for 8 Orb of power

What’s also amusing is the additional trend for almost cloned urskaya weaponry. Axe of the North and razor claw do almost the same thing. I am guessing the guy who designed the kurandara brethren also designed the weapons. :rofl:

2 Likes

If I’m reading the game mechanics correctly, as a boss troop Enraged Kurandara on a player’s team is subject to taking bonus damage from bosskillers.

Now most people probably aren’t running bosskillers on a team, but if I had, say, Moira on a skull-conversion team I could obliterate the enemy player’s Enraged Kurandara and some more troops on skull damage.

I think I’ll stick with regular Kurandara.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t have crafted that 4th ZG I guess. Damn.

4 Likes

Tsk, what were u thinking?
I am looking forward to meeting Mr angry in pvp. Hello Finlay!

Brought my :popcorn: to the forum this morning, fully expecting the last week of the Campaign to release quite the :poop: storm.

Underwhelmed, and a little disappointed that (reasoned, intelligent, measured) voices aren’t a little louder yet in their displeasure, and I say to thee, my brethren: RELEASE THY INNER ORC.

It’s fun. And it doesn’t make you a troll (different specieses, Precious).

It’s For the Horde

——————————

On a serious “suggestion” note : the Enraged version should probably only be half as costly as the version-period of Zuul, in my opinion; if there is to be a new Boss every 11 weeks as the endgame-carrot moving forward, then each one should only be 2 Power Orbs.

Where we are now is 8 Power orbs (16 for those without Zuul). Potentially 32 Power Orbs for the year (if 4 campaigns all have new Boss mythics in similar fashion) to “keep up” with content. That’s a lot — weekly leaderboards half the year (though, admittedly, there are more events per week now, so opportunities for orbs have gone up a bit — just not enough to justify 8 Power Orbs every 11 weeks, operating under that assumption [and, yes, I know devs said there might not be new mythics every time, but they say a lot of things without delivering, like “we’re gonna tell you all about this cool crafting recipe, just you wait!” so I’m not out in left field here, naysayers]), after tying has been made more difficult because - Heaven forbid - players cooperate with one another and forge a sense of community.

My proposal would, obviously, cut that in half, or in quarters — the new bosses together (in their respective years of release) would be as hard to get as Zuul was alone. That would make sense to me, as it would still be quite difficult to achieve a new batch of Zuul-equivalent effort every year moving forward, F2P would have to pick and choose what they wanted when (and be unable to craft some of what they leave behind), and the goals wouldn’t be so impossible as to discourage someone from even trying in the first place.

A carrot ain’t a lure if there’s little hope for even the most hardcore of players to ever catch it. I imagine, at this moment, maybe 50ish(?) people can keep up? Then half-to-three-quarters of that would drop off 11 weeks from now? I know I only have half of what is required for Enraged Kurandara, so I’d be woefully unable of this pattern is repeated (just late to the party, otherwise, which is fine, I guess :man_shrugging:).

7 Likes

I used a Minor Orb of Ascension on my Heart of Rage the other day, just because it was the only troop I had that wasn’t Mythic.

Pretty annoyed now because it gets consumed.

3 Likes

Because it now sets the forward-looking standard for having a complete collection.

Because it now sets new barriers for kingdom star progression.

Because it now sets a precedent that a long, long time from now, every kingdom could eventually have a craftable Boss troop. Can’t (not) wait for the “doomed” stars at Power 31-35 to have a requirement somewhere that reads “Own 1 Boss troop from this kingdom”.

It’s very likely that E.Kurandara’s crafting recipe is designed this way to make chaos orb and event leaderboard chasing endgame relevant for as far as the eye can see, if not forever for the remaining lifetime of the game.

For the record, none of us on the beta team knew about the recipe or its requirements in advance.

14 Likes

do you know how long for 8 orb of power? 10month~1year even longer
but we are so sorry thats not powerful as zuul
i have some advise for this myth
1.reduce to 4 or less orb of power,pay back the rest for who used 8 orbs
2.count damage after covert

1 Like

I’d be much happier if it cost, say, 1 Orb of Power and 4,000 Diamonds.

9 Likes

8 orbs of power is ludicrously high, if we have this 4 times a year then not even whales will be able to keep up with it. 24 major orbs of ascension, or 96 ordinary orbs of ascension? FOUR TIMES A YEAR? Not sure that’s possible even if you complete every event and buy every flash offer going.

2 Likes

I plan on keeping my Heart of Rage and not crafting Enraged Kurandara. Other than the rip off of a cost in resources, HoR’s artwork is so much better and he doesn’t look like he was designed by a four year old.

2 Likes

Zuul can’t kill Enraged Khurandara :slight_smile: Or dooms, or towers.

Maybe this is the point. Maybe they’re reeeeally trying to drive home the point that “you can’t have everything”?

I don’t like it. It’s really demoralizing. Bleh :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

I don’t think any player is ever meant to have everything in these types of games. While that sucks for a lot of people I personally have never imagined my goal in this game would be to own everything one day.

1 Like

Have to say i’m really annoyed at the introduction of Enraged Kurandara. Devs need to confirm if this is going to be a thing every 11 weeks. It is now impossible to keep up and own all troops if so - basically the reason a lot of players keep playing.

3 Likes

Only relevant question - for leveling the Kingdom does Kurandara and Enraged Kurandara count as the same troop? Or are both needed to get max stars?

It’s really simple. Zuul was worth it…kurandara isnt

1 Like

Separate troops, separate kingdom stars.

4 Likes

I saw they were separate troops, wasn’t sure if they counted together or not.

That’s bullcrap if you need both.

Just to clear it out: is Kurandara required to craft the enraged version? If so, does it get consumed, just like the Heart of rage? And also, why isn’t any of this information mentioned in the recipe?

Bonus question: if you fully levelled, ascended, traited and medalled Heart of rage, is the progress lost in the void?

Surprisingly no. You don’t even need to own the original Kurandara.

No, any progress you had on Heart of Rage will be there when you get another copy

5 Likes