Platform, device version and operating system:
Screenshot or image:
Note this separate trait (not on targeted troop):
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Was expecting Void Wisp’s mana steal ability to reduce enemy’s mana and increase own mana by relevant amount (4).
No change in mana levels occurred.
Also, enemy’s Dark Ancestry trait flashed, indicating a trigger.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
- Replicated once in Challenge battle subsequently
- Noticed just prior to this post
Steps to make it happen again
- Use Void Wisp’s ability against a troop with immunity to Dark Ancestry or immunity to Mana Drain
- e.g. Dark Maiden, Tal’Rae
- ensure said troop has mana available to be stolen
Dark Ancestry confers immunity to Mana Drain, however a separate and specific immunity to Mana Steal exists. My assumption is that immunity to Mana Drain would not render the Mana Shield trait completely unnecessary/obselete, as this would make recent troop Wu Hao’s choice of third trait even more confusing:
My speculation is one or more of the following:
Mana Drain incorrectly also gives immunity to Mana Steal
Void Wisp’s ability is incorrectly configured as a Mana Drain, rather than a steal
This could also apply to other troops
Note that Void Wisp’s mana did not increase when the enemy’s mana stayed the same and Mana Drain immunity triggered, indicating it is not likely configured separately as a Mana Drain (4 Mana) and then a ‘Gain 4 Mana’.
- This is in contrast to Morthani’s Will, who gains half of the enemy’s Mana regardless of whether or not it was able to be drained (the text could be arguable, but more probable interpretation is that MW is intended to gain half of Mana drained rather than simply gain Mana equal to half the enemy’s prior total), and for which a separate report should realistically be made (possibly already has?):
(screenshot taken after casting MW on Dark Maiden)
Dark Ancestry is configured incorrectly to give immunity to more than just Mana Drain
Mana Steal is (previously unbeknownst) a strictly inferior immunity to Mana Drain, and the text ‘Mana Steal’ can be removed from the Mana Shield trait as it would be covered by the Mana Drain immunity [seems unlikely]