Psion's Siphon not working on troops with Ancestry-Traits

Platform, device version and operating system
At least Android & Steam

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
When Psion matches skulls versus Diviner, Diviner keeps its Mana and Psion does not get any via his Siphon-Trait. I expected the trait to work because Diviner is only immune to Mana Drain, not Mana Steal.

(I expected immunity to Mana Steal to be an advantage of Mana shield over Sky Ancestry, but currently Sky Ancestry comprises all of the Mana shield functions + immunity to silence and faerie fire)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always reproducable

It’s working as intended, as it is immune to Mana Drain, it also means no troop can steal their mana.

3 Likes

If that is true, whats the sense in listing Immunity to Mana Steal and Drain separately in the description of Mana shield?

2 Likes

It’s immunity to Mana BURN and Mana Drain. Mana Burn means receiving damage for each point of mana you currently have.

I did not mention Mana Burn because it is not related at all to my report.

But for the sake of completeness:
Mana Shield: “Immunity to Mana Burn, Mana Drain and Mana Steal”
Sky Ancestry: “Immune to Mana Drain, Silence, Faerie Fire, and Mana Burn.”

thanks @Eika

Welcome. :slight_smile:

It’s still a good bug report. Because this screams to have them update the text for clarity. I’ve even read this question it in chat, clubs, etc… Starting at the “Ancestry” changes.

I almost think sometimes the developers like overloading the support team with the same old issues for kicks. /s /?

The trait is pretty clear in how it is worded already. Diviner and pretty much every elf in the game now can’t have their mana drained unless they are stunned first.

Obviously not, the traits descriptions are inconsistent. For Mana shield, immunity to mana steal is mentioned explicitely, but not for the Ancestry traits.

I’d like to see either the mana steal description removed from Mana shield for shortness reasons or added to the ancestry traits for clarity reasons.