VIP = unbalanced economy?

Mr @ruzin

Us players who pay $$$
Help the Developers of GoW make a better game in the long run.
Whatever we gain over other players is a little time. All players eventually catch up.
:wink:

I seen a comment saying alot of players just spent alot pf time playing. Thats very true. I started in January and I’m almost level 700.
The key is learn all you can about the game.

2 Likes

The op had disappeared from this post. He must have found out you were all right.

What if vip is good but not great because meh.

money is needed to keep a game running and expand it. paid members add to this and they do get a boost but eventually all balances out…
Ftp player I think instead of bashing a paid member should be thanking them as they helped keep a game going that the Ftp player is enjoying

1 Like

I do not consider this game a ftp vs p2w, I can’t even say it is f2p vs pay to speed up. Being a higher vip rank seems to net you more resources sure but in the gem matching part of the game it adds nothing except tword your actual team. I do not want to say getting the rank is a waste of time because there are pros to getting it and all the cons are my wallet crying as it becomes emptied.

I really don’t consider it a ftp vs p2w either. it does help but doesn’t make or break the game to have or not have Vip status. but those players who pay help Dev’s to upgrade and expand for new and further expansions of the game and believe that is good thing.

Or SHE must have found all were wrong and speaking nonsense? If you’re rude to me I’ll be rude to you.

I have played this game from day one on the PS4 nearly every day. I have my own guild which used to receive lots of task updates but since the change to needing to pay gold to upgrade a kingdom the task completion has dropped dramatically. It’s harder to get maps these days too. I am level 195. My guild is rank 215. If people are getting to level 700 in the same amount of time then they’re either spending money on the game or spend most of the day on it. By spending money on upgrading troops via the soul packs/keys now for arcane etc troops will get stronger faster and mean easier time in battle. Some troops automatically have full mana right at the beginning of the battle. Now how on earth is that fair?

I saved up gems for AGES trying to get the highest armour, and I’m reading people are paying just to get the gems for it. That’s an advantage right there.

Buying gems alone enables easier access to treasure maps and souls - the treasure maps providing plenty of keys, and the souls meaning they’re able to level up their troops quicker.

Any game with paid options will give others advantages over F2P, but when there’s a multiplayer aspect it affects the balance as well. To deny that shows a lack of comprehension of what exactly some paid options do for some gamers.

Gaining levels is. Easy…
Set difficult y high and play easy kingdom challenges. Exp adds up quick.

Err, the whole point of a difficulty level is to make it a lot harder regardless of kingdom; especially when you have no low level challenges left as you’ve done all challenges. I’ve seen what higher difficulty levels do…and now with these traits it’s just pointless against some teams. Even on normal you’re getting troops with full mana at the start of the battle and good traits that buff them up further.

Are all of your kingdoms level 10? Does your main team contain Valkyrie?

If you need maps, build a team around Tyri since her ability gives a chance they’ll drop. You should notice more slowly coming in.

Depending on what you want will change your line-up:
Maps = Tyri
Gold = Alchemist
Souls = Valkyrie
I am currently using tyri for the maps.

I still think Vip doesn’t add that much. when I was near level 200 and the restrictions removed for level/pvp I could beat most lvl 1000’s with a high or higher Vip probably. stupid Ai still balances and makes wins possible.

and if the complaint is person has advantage due to they play all day long everyday. there is nothing that can be done fairly to equal out with someone who plays a lot less. they will level faster/get more resources/troops etc.still have the skip button to avoid them if to hard. and even now that I am in 600’s I see lots of nice reward pvp’s on higher levels who have quit playing or throw weak defense teams up that are even beatable by unpaid level 50

Maybe I missing the point. gota work hard and grind it out. then one day some lower level will be complaining about how good of a team you have.

2 Likes

VIP is a nice perk but by no means a huge disadvantage to free players. As far as freemium models go, this is definitely a good one.

The only thing it does is speed up how fast you progress and for a game that is 100% free otherwise, this isn’t a bad thing.

Before I put a DIME into this game I managed to get together a Webspinner, Goblin Shaman, Goblin, Beast Rider team. I had a 95% win rate with this team (still do) and I haven’t put a dime in it. My jarl team which I have put money into, also has a 95% win rate and it’s only a LITTLE faster then my free team. It’s not the traits that make that the case, it simply has better synergy.

So no, I would disagree with you entirely. A paying player might “gear up” faster, but a free play can gear up just as well if they put some time into the game.

Also you know the “multiplayer” is actually controlled by an AI right? Because that alone equalizes everything.

What would you even suggest as an alternative? This game NEEDS to make money somehow. Let the whales make that happen so free players can continue to player w/o awful restrictions like energy or some other nonsense.

1 Like

I think perhaps the lack of comprehension isn’t with me here…EVERY post in this topic except yours is saying you hypothesis is off the mark, so perhaps…

Anyway. My comment was not rude, I think it fell into the trap of “internet communication carries no unspoken communication with it”. I’m sorry you felt offended.

I had a 50/50 chance of getting the gender correct.

At the end of the day if you want to be a top player you have to spend time. Once you spend enough time you can join a guild of people who also dedicate enough time. Once that happens, with the proper guild management and minimum weekly contributions, the pooled resources of thirty people donating gold to tasks far out strips anything VIP status or buying gems would be able to accomplish. It is even better when you join a guild that bans maps and souls. That is the clear advantage you are seeing when you look at top level players. Specifically the fact that they joined a community of other top players and are stronger for it.

1 Like

agree totally. another thing your seeing is people who are in top end guilds receiving hundreds of keys weekly which can boost you up even faster. good guilds get more than highest pay packs give per day

This is absolutely correct.

Top guilds can earn way over 500 keys and several hundred gems per week.

This is absolutely correct.

Top guilds can earn way over 500 keys and several hundred gems per week.

I was recently allowed entry into the #2 guild on the PS4 (soon to be #1) and I come home to roughly 100 keys every day. I’m going to talk to them about ignoring maps and possibly souls going forward to truly improve the efficiency of the guild.

Granted its a hardcore guild they want minimum of 100 trophies/100k gold per week. So you definitely have to earn your fair share. But everyone benefits.

You can get that from 10 arena runs and the maps. 10 arena runs is easy for one week depending on if you win 80/90 games.