Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

My issue is half of the new epic task resources are useless to endgame players. Anyone doing delves for the past year already has all cards mythic x4 (or more) and excess shards to spare. And ingots…and treasure troops.

12 Likes

Exactly. Most of these new tasks will give resources that many end gamers aren’t in need of. Keys however, are always useful.

15 Likes

And how Ironic that the endgame players will be the only ones that will be able to complete all these tasks…

9 Likes

A overwhelming majority of guilds won’t be doing legendary tasks now. Even many of the guilds that typically can do them now, will not be able able to after this update.

6 Likes

In 5 years in game, this is the second hardest nerf to resources that I can remember (the first was the change in guild tasks)

21 Likes

PvP is meant to be getting a rework.

Tokens arent in the game fully yet either until 5.0

There is a chance, however small, that tokens will be added to PvP in some form.

Honestly a better format would be to allow the players/guild decide which 6 tasks they want to complete to unlock LT. Let LTs run alongside the useless ones. However if you are in a guild that needs those resources you can go for them if needed.

18 Likes

Okay, so my initial reaction to this is that it seems mostly good, except for one thing: it’s another nerf to event keys. We already got a nerf when snotstone events got replaced by the adventure board, and another one before that when the glory purchases got nerfed. And now there’s another one. Nothing is ever added back to give us event keys to make up for any of the ways they’ve been lost. At this point that really needs to change.

On the other hand, having a task that rewards ingots seems almost useless. I can’t imagine anyone at the level of being able to complete all tasks still needs ingots. And there are already so many ways to get them, with another one added in gnome form just recently. Who was asking for yet another source of ingots? Maybe those tasks would be a good place to put event keys…?

Also, uh, what are writs?

21 Likes

I tried to voice my opinion about the event key nerfs previously but all people wanna talk about is the dreaded “gem value”

1 Like

If you’re not in one of the top 30 guilds and playing the game at least 50 hours/week, none of this matters. The devs have completely lost touch with the casual playerbase.

13 Likes

Is the 4.7 our X-mas gift? :thinking:

Ingots

How many people have a screen that looks similar to this. Every weapon in the game is upgraded, aside from Epics which I only upgrade if needed. Why do I need more? Are they adding a new ingot sink we don’t know about?

20 Likes

Chaos Shards, Treasure Troops, Pet food and Ingots are useless or low value for endgame player. Writ is unknown, token might be good, depends on the rewards. Another resources nerf.

9 Likes

Well I can use some pet food. About all I see I need more of.

2 Likes

People who are completing level 500 faction delves desperately need pet food, unless they had a bunch stockpiled. I’ll also never turn down more shards or treasures for that reason.

But yeah, it’s not for everyone.

4 Likes

Anyone that wants to do pure faction knows its best to do it on the event weekend with the potion buffs. Otherwise you just deal with weeks, if not months of disappointment.

I agree though Pet food is useful.

2 Likes

Re: writs:

Post used to say something about deeds and writs, but it got edited out.

Writs will be used to make deeds. Not sure why they edited that out.

“Epic tasks should provide slightly better value and also contain resources useful to end-game players, including access to the much-sought-after Deeds (via Writs - see below for an explanation).”

2 Likes

@Saltypatra I have all weapon full trait, all delve finished, over 64 mythics pet. What do i do with this resource? I will lose LT for rubbish. Great nerf, they know how destroy a game

7 Likes

If we get a source for deeds in this way its good for me.
I have all units and no use for my diamonds, so no need anymor for LTs.

2 Likes