Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

You are confusing early or midgame players with newbie/half-dead guilds.
I’ve started putting 1m+ into guild tasks within 3 months, and I’m nowhere near top performers in terms of time spent. It will probably take longer to get kingdoms 10 now with new not-so-friendly early game progression, but you can easily find a lot of players that can easily meet expectations for guilds that do LTs, just not dozens of them. You can easily find a lot of guilds that are on a verge of doing LTs regularly too.
Unless you consider a player who spent 3 months in a game “an endgame” player, that is not the case.

Devs say wast majority of guilds don’t make LTs, but wast majority of guilds have sub 5 members, looking at wars outside top brackets, and won’t be doing any epic tasks either

1 Like

Most of the gamers don’t even do 500k gold / week.
You need 500k+ gold per person (x30) just to finish the guild tasks (15.6mil).

If epic tasks are for the people, and it’s what they asked for…
How does this help them when they can’t afford the gold price for them?
Why would players pay more gold for tasks that are of lesser value to them?

If I made 500k gold per week, where do I put it? In tasks for gems, for keys? or pet food? :joy:
Seriously… :woman_facepalming:

17 Likes

Lets not accept this update :laughing:

6 Likes

Most of all I do not like that the game takes more and more time. When I started in 2017, I spend 30-60 minutes per day. There was only war and it was every week, so it was no scare to lose. Then appeared: Pets, Bounty, Raids, Invasion, Tower of Doom, Class Event, Faction and Faction Event, Medals + daily quests and every week guild tasks. With each new update the game try to take more and more time. You’ve created too much weekly must-have content and the game becomes a job. Grind everywhere. All events except the war is a repetition of 100 times the same battles. Mang + skulls = repeat 200 times. We usually have 2-3 decks to go through the last event levels. Then you introduced these factions and I really hate them. This is the most boring and time-consuming mode (Some like it, but not me). Pure Fraction passing can only be achieved during event with potions and it takes 6-8 hours of hardcore play. I should spend 6-8 hours on a Tuesday or weekend when a new faction released. I gave up on it completely. But I should play factions to get new troops and upgrade those troops for power of kingdoms. Otherwise I will lag behind other players. I play to have fun, but the game turns into work and often I want a break from the game.

15 Likes

I absolutely don’t like the idea of Epic tasks.
To close all tasks requires 520K*30=15600K. For these tasks, we get more bonuses to skills. Let’s be honest, the tasks are performed for the hope to get mythic for entire guild and the keys, otherwise everything would have been abandoned. The reward is not equal one million gold. Now the game requires additional time to farm gold to reach new LT and get absolutely unnecessary bonuses. Experienced players themselves can get medals, treasure troops, ingots and chaos shards. Seriously, no one needs ingots, there’s too much of it to spend. Novice players who need it all will never reach Epic Tasks. They still do not close Guild Tasks. But the main thing, new tasks again give bonuses to the skills. And bonus skills will need to gain an advantage in the war. Over the past half year introduced a lot of additional bonuses to the skills. In end now aside from lot of time spent on pass pets, week events, factions, pvp, explore, now will have to do more gold for new LT. I’m very unhappy. The last time I raised gold requirements for my Guild from 400K to 520K, third of team leave the game or choose another Guilds. We collect 20 -25 millions, now we won’t get a LT and a chance for a mythic. As a result, I and the entire Guild should spend more and more time to be at least average and not be on the margins. 505 Games is not making a profit because of my online. I spend 20-30 hours per week on the game, if I spend another 10 it will not give you profit as a company. The game was a time killer and with each update becomes a destroyer of time. Devs, why are you doing this?

7 Likes

Let’s look at the top 500 of Guilds, on taransworld there are statistics on trophies and you can estimate how much Guild spend gold. In week of war trophies give only for pvp. My Guild makes 5-10 LT, 4000 trophies approximately need to close all tasks. One trophy = 3500-4000 gold. 30 LT cost ~ 12,000 trophies, only 30-40 Guilds make so much. That is how many guilds can close Epic Tasks and get new LT.
250 Guilds from the top 500 don’t close even usual tasks. 40-50 of these 250 guilds are actually dead (a few people play there, they make less than 1,000 trophies per week). 210-220 Guilds make from 1 to 30 LT – this is active middle-top guilds and they will no longer see LT. Only 30 (maybe 40) make more 30LT and will be able to collect new LT and further.
My Guild has passed from the beginning to the 300th place. From 500th to 2,500th is a graveyard of dead guilds. The same situation in the Guild War. We can only look at the top 500. And in each of the brackets from 5th to 50th half the Guild dead or half-dead. Who will get benefit from this update? 90% of guilds do not close regular Guild Tasks and after update 4.7 will still not be able to get rewards for Epic Quests. The remaining 10% do not need ingots, pet food, shards, medals, treasure troops for such a sum!! Endgame players can make it by self. You save LT just for 1% of guilds. 9% other middle-top guilds will lose motivation in the game.

PS I started playing GoW after my previous F2P Game (Firefall) died after update :wink: Now GoW takes time as real F2P MMO RPG. Although it looks like casual.

9 Likes

What I love about this game is that there is always a card that describes how the player base is feeling about any change. Don’t need to say anything. Just post the game card.angry%20mob

20 Likes

I can play this game too… I’ll get the publisher:

12 Likes

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Minority here. These new tasks are good alternative for crap legendary tasks all were coplaining before.

So “minority”…
You believe a task dedicated to Treasure Coin Purse for 5-6 million gold is better than 5-6 Legendary Tasks eh?

2 Likes

Isn’t it 12 tier task with coin purse on the bottom?

Would be a maximum of 1 ST, 1 GL, and I would say it is no problem getting them from Underworld

Sorry, but why do I need Epic Guild tasks?! Tell me what to do with it?

Give better the opportunity to get the right myths. Remove the limit from buying green event keys.

13 Likes

Terrible idea! Why do the players who have invested the most time and MONEY always get screwed???

Such a stupid, useless change to the game.

11 Likes

This seems to be an economy rebalance that seems to serve no purpose other than to drive players to purchase gems to chase mythics instead of using keys from LT’s which is something I personally won’t be doing as I don’t want to purchase something with real money for the chance to gamble for a mythic as that leads down a psychological path I don’t want to go.

I was fine purchasing random items in flash sales and some gems for events or pets as I knew what I was going to receive in return for my money and I think a lot of other players share that sentiment towards microtransactions so to me this signals perhaps the beginning of the end for gems of war because if the weekly events, pets and delves aren’t generating enough income from gem purchases to keep the game going then I very much doubt adding epic tasks will.

Maybe they are preparing to launch Gems of War 2 after all the missing delves and classes have been released, who knows

11 Likes

I blame double Cedric teams winning 10k gold per match every 90 seconds in explore.

3 Likes

Hm, I was thinking about your stupid update and I got the idea, seriously, you don’t even need to pay me.
Since you want people to have different resources because they complain about it, you can add more tasks, but after reaching 6 of them, guild can choose if they do LTs or donate for souls or other useless trash like ingots.

There would be 2 different windows after completing 6 x 12 tasks (15,33mln if I remember correctly) and then the rest would be optional for those who need it/want it, while people with 2500+ mythic ingots or every troop leveled up to max like me, can choose to pay for LT.

Every tier could be a coin purse. Much more likely that we will receive treasure that’s epic or below than legendary or Mythic Treasures.

But we have zero indication either way other than current portal drop rates that took a year to get right.

1 Like